15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Even if it IS a terror attack, it wont be released to the public as such.

American media has a fantastic way of controlling information. Even if it is, the public will get distracted by a bathroom being transgender or a gorilla getting shot
    Pretty much. They report it as a mass shooting if it's a white, christian, or whatever. If it's related to Islam at all it's called terrorism.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So it was a far right wing white supremacist terrorist, is anyone surprised? What a tragic event.
    Umm, isn't the suspected shooter named Omar Mateen with Islamic leanings ? Not sure that is gonna classify as "right wing white supremacist terrorist"

Maybe tho. Could be. I've seen weirder things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You seem surprised by that...
    nah, but I admit, I didn't pay attention.
    His post had me in "US mode" and I associated Chelsea with Chelsea Handler lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Again, I've been following this, and nobody from the FBI has said a name. They have said the bit about suspected Islamist extremism, but literally nobody has said a name.
    You are wrong! The FBI agent on the case, Ron Hopper, confirmed Omar's name, and are now investigating is shooting as an act of terrorism, informed by Police chief, John Mina -- who is releasing an official statement, in the next couple minutes.

I have been watching it on TV all Morning, Thet are currently interviewing a N.Y. congressman Peter King, member of subcommittee on Counter Terrorism, has confirmed that Omar is originally from Afghanistan, and it is now being treated as act of terrorism.

There confirmed can we stop denying it now?

Right, so in the latest official statement we do have confirmation of the name, Omar Mateen, and he appears to be a US citizen.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Umm, isn't the suspected shooter named Omar Mateen with Islamic leanings ? Not sure that is gonna classify as "right wing white supremacist terrorist"

Maybe tho. Could be. I've seen weirder things
    Someone on 4chan posted it was a rightwing white supremacist terrorist so it must be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    No. The some in this thread with similar views don't dare say them here.
    They better not.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    You are wrong! The FBI agent on the case, Ron Hopper, confirmed Omar's name, and are now investigating is shooting as an act of terrorism, informed by Police chief, John Mina -- who is releasing an official statement, in the next couple minutes.

I have been watching it on TV all Morning, Thet are currently interviewing a N.Y. congressman Peter King, member of subcommittee on Counter Terrorism, has confirmed that Omar is originally from Afghanistan, and it is now being treated as act of terrorism.
    This confirmation literally just happened. I wasn't listening to the live press release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I literally didn;t see anything like that. What is your point?

"And conservatives don't care about gun control!"

"Such a tragedy, can't beliebt his happened."

"Muslim terrorists strike again."

"He was born in the US, which means its domestic terrorism."

"I wish I could help."

"Thanks Obama"

Do you want me to go on?
    I copy pasted those from that very same comment section, I didn't just make them up. My point was as someone earlier said that some people can't be seriously celebrating their deaths and I posted those to prove that they very much are.

Also you are seeing most of the shift in comments away from the repugnant jokes and celebratory tone after they released the gunman's name. If you could scroll to when the article was just posted you would know what I meant.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we have some pretty horrible people here, and we know their views on this from years past when they didn't know they'd get infracted for saying awful things. Now they bite their tongue because they think being punished for celebrating dead people means the mods are bias against them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Whoever says anything like that is an absolutely disgusting human being. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea2012 View Post
    Now BLM supporters are coming out burning American flags and cheering for ISIS, stay classy, can't wait for POTUS Trump.
    You're joking, surely? Dayum, two years ago when someone talked about civil war in the US, I laughed at him right here on this forum. I wouldn't today...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    you cannot deny it is an act of terror.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    If he confirmed his name, it was during the press release that is happening now, which I'm not listening to because I'm in the thread.

The name was not confirmed prior to this.
    No, it was confirmed at least an hour ago, in Fox News, and all kinds of officials have been weighing in, including congressmen, Florida congressman Alan Greyson is talking right now.

I have no idea what you're watching.

OMG! the official source is the FBI agent on the case, Ron Hopper , who has confirmed Omar's name, and suspicions to Islam extremism-- it's on the news on Tv, right now!

Seriously, what is with all this denial? ,
    That's called time It was confirmed that the suspect name was Omar Mateen five minutes ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow.. 50 dead
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread keeps degrading faster and faster

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    you cannot deny it is an act of terror.
    To be fair, parents consider their toddlers screaming at the top of their lung terror as well. The terminology is absolutely meaningless by now.

No, it was confirmed at least an hour ago, in Fox News, and all kinds of officials have been weighing in, including Sverdlovsk congressmen, Florida congressman Alan Greyson is talking right now.

I have no idea what you're watching.
    No, no it wasn't. Fox had sources the shooter might be named Omar Mateen an hour ago, though CBS News reported it first, but there had been no official statement of the shooter's name prior to just now.