Deleted

There's a serious issue with the "better gear the higher the character level" system

I wouldn't necessarily call the issue a "problem", but, it doesn't seem easy to remedy so it could end up being considered a problem. Namely, what is going on is that some quests or mob kills automatically give a much higher ilevel to the item rewarded if you are higher level as a character. That means, when you have a rare ("rare") mob passing by that might give such a item, or if you get a quest that might have such an item, it gives a great incentive to not do it at all, and just wait for 110, which doesn't seem like something Blizzard would want to do and frankly anyone playing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I suspect that once you get to 110 there will be much better sources for gear anyway, like dungeons, Suramar, and the world quests from your class hall.

At level 110 any quests that reward gear from the 4 leveling zones only scale up to ilvl 790ish, save form the last in the meta chain which may be 800. Suramar gear starts at 810 and keeps going up, so no reason to not finish any quests thinking you're going to get better gear from the leveling zones at 110. I can't confirm but I believe this is the same for rare leveling mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Well I suspect that once you get to 110 there will be much better sources for gear anyway, like dungeons, Suramar, and the world quests from your class hall.
    That's probably the main factor that diminishes its importance. Another less important factor might be "I'll get more gear for levelling now!". For instance I got a 5man quest that would give an item of 763 at character level 105, and it would be I guess around 800 on 110, but, that kind of item might not be that rare at that point and levelling might be helped more by pursuing it earlier in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crimbobbin View Post
    At level 110 any quests that reward gear from the 4 leveling zones only scale up to ilvl 790ish, save form the last in the meta chain which may be 800. Suramar gear starts at 810 and keeps going up, so no reason to not finish any quests thinking you're going to get better gear from the leveling zones at 110. I can't confirm but I believe this is the same for rare leveling mobs.
    Yes, it generally appears to be tuned in a way of "who cares, more gear is available" so I believe it might be best to just do the quests / rare mobs on the spot.

Something important about rare mobs is that various of them don't drop gear but they drop toys or pets so it might be best to not waste time for that either.