10+ Year Old Account
    NBC are reporting that is was not a Islamic issue, but was purely a hate crime according to his father:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...hooter-n590496

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What about the countries we border? Thousands of firearms are smuggled in from Central America ever year. What about the millions that are already here?
    Lots of cars you can build with the metal. It's not that it's impossible to regulate it. It's that you don't want to even try. It is absolutely possible to make the country secure. You sent fucking rockets to the moon, don't tell me you're not able to police law in your own fucking backyard. That's beyond ridiculous. Even a backwater country like Macedonia is able to police their borders.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Like what the fuck do you want to do if they want to do it for whatever reason?

If it was extremist ideology, what could you possibly do to remove their motive? Hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Remove the means, and the motive hardly matters.
    reduce both and the problem goes down exponentially

The next time someone cries oppression for having to bake a gay wedding cake or use the bathroom with a trans person, remember this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You cited infowars.com, a site run by conspiracy loonbag Alex Jones.
    IDC what the main stream media said buddy. Tim Kennedy is working with Infowars, go get some knowledge before you think of sites that are conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Most gun crimes in the country are from illegally obtained firmarms...

But if you just lock people who own them up then you guys will bitch more then you do about the prison system
    Yeah ok, don't do it then. And have more shootings. As I said, you guys want this shit to happen.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ok.

you realize thats a terrible argument right?

or is banning cocaine bad because even though youve banned it it wont immediately and magically go away?
    I'd argue that banning cocaine is bad because it's ineffective and there are legitimate uses cocaine and its sources could be put to if we were to regulate it. Same with heroin. Methamphetamine is a stickier wicket, but then again, meth wouldn't likely exist without the drug war, so there's that.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    By every news outlet he of course means the one, terrible online source from which he gets all his news.
    When that post was made, that was the accurate description.
    We're hours and two press conferences later now already.
    One thing is established though by now. If it was terrorism, then it was domestic nature, since the shooter was an American.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Why is every news outlet (even here in the EU) calling it a "shooting" instead of what it really was? A domestic act of terrorism.
    That's how the media covers terrorism in Israel as well. "shooting".. "gunman"...

let's hope at least in this tragic terrorism case, they won't try to justify his actions, like the're trying to justify what happend in israel 2 days ago. (2 muslims went into restaurant, started shooting at everyone with pistols)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    NBC are reporting that is was not a Islamic issue, but was purely a hate crime according to his father:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...hooter-n590496
    Disgusting. It's really sad to see that such homophobes still exist in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I. He has said that marriage should be between a man and a woman .
    well he is right. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Let gays be official couples but lets not call that marriage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ok.

you realize thats a terrible argument right?

or is banning cocaine bad because even though youve banned it it wont immediately and magically go away?
    Well, he's right. Bans are generally less effective than regulations. Especially in a country where a sizeable portion of the population is ultra-patriotic, tight regulations seem like a better way to go. It's working for cigarettes - it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    IDC what the main stream media said buddy. Tim Kennedy is working with Infowars, go get some knowledge before you think of sites that are conspiracy.
    And again, Tim Kennedy may work with infowars, but infowars is run by Alex Jones, who is a nutbag conspiracy theorist.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I'm likening your position on guns to being a member of the KKK, both in scale of adoption and relevance in today's world.
    Oh so being an American = KKK. Nice Logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't people asking about the intelligent failures that allowed this to happen? If someone is buying up guns and ammo with the intent to commit a terrorist act why can't the rather obscene domestic surveillance we have in place pick that up?

This isn't really a gun issue in the strict sense -- very few people, even on the pro-gun side, want people to carry which drinking, often heavily. So the only real way to stop this sort of thing is to catch it before they strike.

Why did this catch Orlando unawares? Particularly if there was any chatter about it on the terrorist networks ahead of time?

I support the right for gay people to protect themselves with firearms.

/divides by zero

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Member of the KKK? I feel really sorry for you, you might have to go back to school and get a real education you social justice warrior.
    Calling other members of this a forum bigots and members of the KKK is flaming, which again, is supposedly a violation of the rules of this forum, and these types of posts should be reported -- as I have already done.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is making me sick in the stomach. 50 dead, 53 injured. All of this for what?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'd argue that banning cocaine is bad because it's ineffective and there are legitimate uses cocaine and its sources could be put to if we were to regulate it. Same with heroin. Methamphetamine is a stickier wicket, but then again, meth wouldn't likely exist without the drug war, so there's that.
    dam son

wanting to main stream cocaine

thats some hardcore libertarianism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    well he is right. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Let gays be official couples but lets not call that marriage
    No, he is not right. And no, it should be called the exact same.