Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    They just reported that he did, Congress was just debriefed about the situation which included the information that he pledged allegiance to ISIS. So yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It's a bit of a problem that the party which wants to regulate firearms is also the one which wants to ease the policing of our borders. It creates a bit of dilemma. My position is just to deregulate both.
    Deregulate both? Like... less gun restrictions and even more easing of border policing?

Like seriosuly, do you give up in the middle of shitting when you see there's no toilet paper left?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Blablabla, the America of the 60s didn't think if it was possible to send people to the moon, they just decided to do it and they just fucking did it. They invented the technology as they went along. The America of THOSE DAYS wouldn't respond with "gaping issues yadda yadda laws blabla economy omg so many guns so much work oh how can we ever manage to get them"

Well, you will never be able to if you never start. So how about you lot stop talking bullshit and start acting? Cos talking bullshit is what you did the past decade and you haven't accomplished jack shit in those years since Columbine.
    You are being completely irrational right now I hope you realize this. I'm not against gun regulations on a personal level but it isn't going to do anything because people will find loopholes and people will exploit the lack of a legal market by creating an illegal one which will cost money and lives.

The moon landing has nothing to do with gun control for Christ sake. It wasn't a country's efforts that got men on the moon, it was a few thousand scientists and engineers tops.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-06-12 at 04:16 PM.

I am seeing absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim that Omar Mateen "pledged allegiance to ISIS." ISIS' social media accounts are praising his actions, but that's a far cry from him being a "member." I'd expect ISIS to publicly support just about any substantially similar action.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

It's so funny. You ban prostitution, we recognise it as a profession. You want guns everywhere, we restrict them. I mean, it's like you guys actually want to focus on the bullshit minor issues and ignore the larger problems. Your priorities are all kinds of fucked up.

You can't win the fight with morals. Learn it. You can't "fix" society by "fixing" the mentally handicapped people. But you can take the tools away. That you're not doing it, clearly sends out a message and one message alone. This is pure entertainment for the common folk. They are now glued to the TV and soak up every bit of new info that they get. This is amazing for ratings, for gun sales... heck, this is an alround win for everyone.

Except, of course, the victims and their families. But I'm sure all the thousands and thousands of twitter messages bullshitng about condolences and really just prostrating themselves as the holiest mourner in this tragedy because that's what gets you on the fucking front pages of the paper tomorrow, that's really going to help.
    you. don't. get it. but that's ok. we are all entitled to our opinions after all - and in USA this right protected by first amendment.

me? and my SO would not agree with me, but hell if I knew that bans would work? I'd try it. the problem is - they DON'T work to stem the violence or hatred. they don't work in Europe either. you keep focusing on GUN violence as if its the only thing that matters, but as history shows us, including recent history - its a bandaid. it fixes nothing, it only makes the festering wound - worse in a long run.

the brittle sad irony is - they brought up Norway shooting in this thread. yet all the regulations and bans didn't stop that particular hateful murderer. they just extended his planning time. and because people he was killing couldn't defend themselves - his murder count is obscene. they didn't stop shooting in France either.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-06-12 at 04:18 PM.

Deregulate both? Like... less gun restrictions and even more easing of border policing?

Like seriosuly, do you give up in the middle of shitting when you see there's no toilet paper left?
    Well I think people have a right to own firearms and I think people have a right to move across borders.

I'm libertarian on those issues.

You are being completely irrational right now I hope you realize this. I'm not against gun regulations on a personal level but it isn't going to do anything because people will find loopholes and people will exploit the lack of a legal market by creating an illegal one which will cost money and lives.

The moon landing has nothing to do with gun control for Christ sake. It wasn't a country's efforts that got men on the moon, it was a thousand scientists and engineers tops.
    idk about that, it was 100% political will that got people to the moon.

there was a huge outcry against wasting money on the lunar program when it couldve better been spent against russia

and the parallel is pretty real, you cant regulate something widespread unless the regulation is widespread

The moon landing has nothing to do with gun control for Christ sake. It wasn't a country's efforts that got men on the moon, it was a thousand scientists and engineers tops.
    "I give up, because it's too much of a hassle"

Call me irrational, but that's essentially what you're saying. And regulating guns isn't an entire country's effort either, it's the effort of law enforcement authorities.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And I asked you, how?
    argument and debate, slowly talk people out of the ideologies that breed people like this and fewer and fewer of the more extreme adherents will pop up

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I am seeing absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim that Omar Mateen "pledged allegiance to ISIS." ISIS' social media accounts are praising his actions, but that's a far cry from him being a "member." I'd expect ISIS to publicly support just about any substantially similar action.
    I do believe his dad saw the boy get angry at two men making out in Miami. If this is true then it seems the guy is a complete nutball instead of your "run of the mill terrorist".

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    argument and debate, slowly talk people out of the ideologies that breed people like this and fewer and fewer of the more extreme adherents will pop up
    Sure, they will sit around and talk nicely to you instead of blowing your brains out.

What a great idea.

I suppose you think life is sunshine and rainbows too.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Can't blame them.
    The hate-group that was targeting them 5 years ago has now found a new victim in the Muslim community.
    I can blame them.
    and your assumption on who is against islam is wrong.
    and most of all, muslims are not "victims", they just like playing victims. know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    They just reported that he did, Congress was just debriefed about the situation which included the information that he pledged allegiance to ISIS. So yes
    No he didn't pledge that we know of yet - all we know was he was on the FBI suspect list for being ISIS sympathizer, much in the same way many serial killers are sympathetic to groups like the KKK.

No official connection has been made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    and in 5000 years people will of evolved out of the problem

if they hadnt been killed out by the problem 4500 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Well then it would be OUR cold dead body and well, freedom of speech for him.
    Yes, however the problem on this forum is that those of us on the right believe in freedom of speech, while those on the left apparently do not, so they intentionally bait right-wing members to get a rise out of them -- and then report their posts to get members on the right infracted and banned. This occurs on a daily basis, and is rampant throughout this thread.

It's high time for right-wing members start fighting back against this tactic, by doing the same. Fight fire with fire. Report all harrassment and flaming insults.

"I give up, because it's too much of a hassle"

Call me irrational, but that's essentially what you're saying. And regulating guns isn't an entire country's effort either, it's the effort of law enforcement authorities.
    Yeah I never said it was, you did. I have nothing to do with it. I don't live in America and I'm not a policymaker.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No he didn't pledge that we know of yet - all we know was he was on the FBI suspect list for being ISIS sympathizer, much in the same way many serial killers are sympathetic to groups like the KKK.

If Congress is being debriefed that he pledged Allegiance to ISIS then it's pretty official
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter news:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 31 minutes ago

Horrific incident in FL. Praying for all the victims & their families. When will this stop? When will we get tough, smart & vigilant?
    what the fuck does that even mean?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Horrable act of terror alot of similarities between this terror attack and the one in Tel-Aviv, both driven by hate, either for being gay or for being a jew.

I wonder if the same people that defended the shooters in Tel-Aviv claiming the Palestinian's are "oppressed" are going to do the same here claiming that the US arabs are "oppressed" and that is why this happend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

People seem to come to conclusions too quickly. And you are correct in this case.