Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say here, but from what I can translate you mean that most criminals steal their guns from lawful but inept gun owners?

Interesting.
    What's hard to understand? Criminals don't go to Walmart to buy guns or any store that actually sells more than 22 rifles and shotguns. They buy them off the black market and/or steal them. No gun safe is 100% theif proof btw. They're just meant to slow someone down or make them hit easier targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Oh really, 2nd Amendment keeps us free.
    No, it does not keep us free.
    The governments, be it state and federal, keep us free. The men and women in uniforms.
    we will never give it up without a fight.
    And no one has ever made an attempt to abolish it.
    It cannot be abolished, at least not that simple.
    It would require a super majority of Congress AND a super majority of the states.
    Ffs... at least learn how amendments are handled.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Did the shooter cum in the backdoor?

Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I think it's an impossible scenario, barring illegal things like a drunk dude that's carrying. Yeah, some people go to bars and don't drink. Those people are in the minority, and the odds of them carrying at the same time are even lower. Something like 13m people out of 320m have CCW, and the odds that they are the two or three people in the bar drinking nothing are small.
    Yeah, and even a completely sober designated driver would have to deal with too many distractions. The crowd, the flashing lights, the ensuing panic...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Dude, I know what I'm saying. The US public fucking loves drama like this. They revel in the tragedy of others. Anything to make them have the righteous feeling of being a proper sympathetic citizen. Only to forget it two days later when someone tweets about cats again. No, sorry, the whole "we pray for their families" really is just bullshit and I'm not buying it anymore.

Where's the outcry? Where's the actual fucking outcry? Where is the people that created a fucking entire hippie movement because they believed in humanity, that sent people to the moon because they thought "why not?". Where are the people that actually showed humanity how to break through boundaries in development? They're all sitting in their couches watching with morbid fascination as people die on the curbs. And they will continue to do that next week. And the week after. And the week after.

I've been cautious before, I've understood, I've been patient. But heck, it's been a decade of these mass shootings and the rate is accelerating. It's time someone asked why nobody is actually, earnestly doing something against it? Instead, we have a shitton of well wishers and do-nothingers. And a whole bunch of people whose primary thought is "Oh god, they'll take my toys away!"

And nobody dares to do something. The country seems to be in a permanent state of being shell shocked from one desaster into the next. I wonder what will happen when the gentle giant finally snaps and just decides they don't actually have to take any of it anymore. Afghanistan could be a walk in the park in comparison.
    you act like people don't die anywhere else, that homeless only exist in the US. People die it's life deal with it. The fact is yes people die from guns but more die from other things and 99.9% of the people who own guns in the US will never use a gun to harm another person. Alcohol kills more than guns do and we saw what happened when they tried to ban that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    You're trying, and failing to re-identify the shooter's political affiliation because he's a homophobe. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You don't get to try and decide what this man is because your incapable of using your brain.
    I didn't decide nor even state what the man is or isn't. I am just saying that the people who judge him as a democrat are basing it on faulty logic, i.e. what he claims to be rather than his actions.

Note I didn't say he is or isn't a democrat. But carry on making personal attacks like "incapable of using your brain", real classy.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's the culture that's responsible. If you take guns away it'll have zero effect. There are already large groups of Americans who can't own guns legally, I'm thinking of felons but many felons still own guns.

You have to change people's opinions, change hearts and minds. You can't just take people's guns away, it won't work.
    Yes, you have to change the culture. But the 'felons own guns' argument isn't particularly compelling when guns are extremely easy for anyone to get.

Deleted
    When will you guys learn?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Except FBI invesitgators already said that the shooter might have connections to a certain religious group.

Care to guess which one it is?
    What are "connections" in your mind? Does declaring your allegiance to a group make you actually connected? Or just a crazy fuck who wants to be associated?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    We the people are highly fragmented, very untrained, and generally shit about standing up to the government.

We the people would be rounded up and slaughtered with our civilian equipment in mass quantities, if we even managed to get them out in time. You're not going to win with a rifle vs. a tank. Or a rifle vs. a drove. Or a rifle vs. a bomb.
    Ok for one, everyone thought the US would never beat England in 1776. Next, the Military are Patriots. Do you think the Military will kill the Citizens or join them. If anything like that would happen, which i do not want to ever happen. Texas would break off, south states would join Texas and Military and true Patriots would join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wonder if it's being done by the Islamic extremists or the right wing extremists that claim to oppose them. So hard to tell, what with their ideology being practically identical.

I assume drag shows? Is this really new ground we're breaking here?
    I vote religious inspired hated and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why would a lot of people go into a nightclub to be sober?
    To meet with our friends. I rarely drink, and my husband never does, which makes us function well as "designated drivers".

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because every single one of them was documented. You know they had 24/7 news and internet back then.
    OK Corral.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So you're saying politicians accepting multi million dollar donations from PACs and corporations still remain objective and fair after the fact? Source please.
    You claim the NRA has the power to make law enforcement not enforce laws on the books, that's an outright lie. They might have pull to make laws not m ake it into the books but that wasn't your claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    wait a minute

is there some divine being out there who is the arbiter of the law?

WHY DIDNT YOU ANSWER MY PRAYERS DURING THE BAR EXAM OH GREAT ONE
    Nothing will help with that level of deficiency, I'm afraid.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

So a muslim enters a gay bar and shoots and kills 50 people. I'm sure Obama is sitting down with a committee of liberals right now trying to figure out how to spin this to take away guns from white rural farmers.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-12 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because every single one of them was documented. You know they had 24/7 news and internet back then.
    the guns sucked back then

people didnt die from getting shot

if they died it was cuse of disease as a result of getting shot

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Ok for one, everyone thought the US would never beat England in 1776. Next, the Military are Patriots. Do you think the Military will kill the Citizens or join them. If anything like that would happen, which i do not want to ever happen. Texas would break off, south states would join Texas and Military and true Patriots would join them.
    French Army and French Navy says hello. Not to mention that Georges Washington lost most of his battles...with a regular army.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No, it does not keep us free.
    The governments, be it state and federal, keep us free. The men and women in uniforms.
    And no one has ever made an attempt to abolish it.
    It cannot be abolished, at least not that simple.
    It would require a super majority of Congress AND a super majority of the states.
    Ffs... at least learn how amendments are handled.
    2nd Amendment keeps us free from the Govt Suppressing us......

Of course the Military keeps us free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    To meet with our friends. I rarely drink, and my husband never does, which makes us function well as "designated drivers".
    And you're going to be the lone John Wayne who emerges from the drunken masses to save the day?