Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How about we all calm down until those numbers are official tomorrow?
    This behave is comprehensible imo.

I'm really hyped at the idea of maybe getting a sequel, and would be so sad if we never get one.
    I liked really much the movie, and hoping for a big franchise Marvel-like since so many years.
    I think almost everyone here is in the same boat, so don't expect us to be "calm". ^^

Deleted
    How about we all calm down until those numbers are official tomorrow?
    Talking about data and stuff is what calms me.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Right. Numbers are not exciting. I mean, we can barely go a full page without bringing them up or talk of a sequel without also talking numbers.

People love numbers more than they realize especially so when talking movies. Some just like to dismiss them.
    Depending on what the angle is here.

People do not love numbers if they are not directly associated with their favorite toy, their favorite IP Warcraft, their favorite game.

Many here still do not understand that Warcraft is seriously going to make money, it won't make Fast and Furious or Avatar kind of money but it will

many have said that before....

If you announce a sequel and a trilogy tomorrow I can guarantee there will be less posting about numbers.

Numbers are numbers unless they mean something to the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I'm seeing that the Audience Score for Warcraft is 83%. That's out of 39,000+ users, compared to the 27% of 127 critics that rated it as fresh.
    Fixed that for you

Please refute his post with evidence from the film and without using known Warcraft lore from other sources.
    Blackhand was quite different in WoD, which took place in the same time?

i just saw the movie in 3d with two other people.

i felt it was perfect for everything it had to juggle.

i appreciate that they didnt hold my hand with things.

drinking demon blood, who gul'dan got his powers, medivh being possesed by sargeras.

all of that can be told in flashbacks in future movies. we all know that thrall is going to get told this shit in warcraft 3, and that medivh will come back and explain his possession to the people of lordaeron. they dont have to tell us now, hardcore fans already know the story, and they left enough subtle hints that anyone whos smart could figure out there was something weird going on.

all of the easter eggs were great. my favorite was the summoning stone in the background right before the first orc attack.

daniel wu as gul'dan was probably the best part. he was awesome. and i was surprised when he took off his robes and wasnt weak. makes me wonder, did they design gul'dans new model based off the film, or did the plans for legion inspire the movie.

i feel like they also set up some lore stuff with the void a bit.

i think this is the version of warcrafts story we probably wouldve gotten had they sat down and planned it out from the beginning, instead of making a warhammer clone and thinking of a story later.

one change that stood out to me.. is medivh garonas father? are they setting garona up to be me'dan? i didnt see her get freaky with nobody and i doubt her and anduin are gonna hook up after she killed llane.

in the game its highly implied that khadgar is in some way the guardian while me'dan is gone and in this movie they kept talking about khadgar being the guardian in the future, and with no me'dan i feel like the role me'dan was originally meant to play before backlash caused them to put a hold on it to rework the character is going to be put onto garona. also i wonder if khadgar is going to grow old at any point or if they'll either recast, or simply keep khadgar young whenever the wow movies come around.

also alodi being a human woman kind of complicates things as the first guardian in warcraft was a high elf. if she predates the kirin tor why is she human? i feel like that might not be explained. or theyre gonna tie in the guardians to the army of light and the void lords. maybe alodi isnt even a human at all and that was just the form she took to talk to khadgar. who knows.

i was upset that they cut the troll raid from the movie as people who had saw the troll footage said it was really cool. cant wait for the directors cut, im hoping maybe to see a goblin too although i cant remember how world spanning goblins were or werent during the first war.

i was okay with stormwind not burning in this movie because llanes death was really good. still had the feeling of the humans losing without it seeming completely hopeless for those who might not know that stormwind is only one human kingdom. (i know they showed the map but a normal goer might think each place belongs to different races)

it does make me wonder if stormwind will burn in the sequel. i could see it burning at the very beginning as the civilians escape and then the rest of the movie is alleria and turalyon and co fighting the orcs as azeroth finally unites.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    altered time when Garrosh showed them the new technology and they became the IRON Horde

The movie is doing alright for the distributor, not for Blizzard. For their market to surpass the domestic they have to reach 4x the box office of domestic. Isn't happening any time soon on $5 movie tickets pal.
    blizzard already made their money when they sold the rights to make the movie. any money they get off the ticket sales is just a bonus to them.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    That was the Iron Horde Blackhand.

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post

People do not love numbers if they are not directly associated with their favorite toy, their favorite IP Warcraft, their favorite game.

Many here still do not understand that Warcraft is seriously going to make money, it won't make Fast and Furious or Avatar kind of money but it will

If you announce a sequel and a trilogy tomorrow I can guarantee there will be less posting about numbers.

No shit. That's why numbers are important because they speak directly to what we're interested in.

Sadly, they China numbers are the least interesting as we talk numbers because they were guaranteed to be high. This movie needs high numbers in other places if we're to talk sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    They corrected the 24.4m estimate to 27m. Good to see an upward trend.
    Source for this?

Maybe we should all calm our tits and wait until tomorrow for the official box office numbers?

15+ Year Old Account

And based on current numbers, Warcraft isn't seriously making money. It's in fact lost money, and after today, if it hasn't even broken even yet, it's officially a bust.

I don't see a Warcraft II coming in that scenario unless there's a contractual obligation with Blizzard that Legendary can't break without taking a massive hit, or Blizzard fits portion of the next movie's bill. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment about how the movie actually is (I've been busy, I haven't seen TMNT II yet, either), but if it ends up being a swing and a miss, I wouldn't hold out for anything further.

Side note, someone send me a PM and tell me if I need to wait through the credits on this movie or not. =D
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard already made their money when they sold the rights to make the movie. any money they get off the ticket sales is just a bonus to them.
    + tons of promo for the game franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Source for this?
    nvm missread the date, but the article is formulated kinda wierd http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4195&p=.htm

I can only say that adding a minor Chinese character won't do anything
    you're wrong. ALOT of chinese people went to age of ultron because of claudia kim who is a very popular model in china. and she was only in the movie for a brief amount of time as the nurse.

chinese people are extremely nationalist (in part because their government forces them too) claudia kim may not have made a majority of the money for ultron in china but i would say at the very least a sizable chunk of it came from her fans going to see the movie (not to mention all of the benefits they got from the chinese government simply for her having a cameo, essentially money for nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    nvm missread the date, but the article is formulated kinda wierd http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4195&p=.htm
    lol that's okay, don't worry.

Anyway, let's hope the actuals tomorrow will be higher.

If at the end of all of this we manage to get a sequel, that would be one of the biggest victories for us. Because it was a really damn tough fight lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

Side note, someone send me a PM and tell me if I need to wait through the credits on this movie or not. =D
    Nope, but you should stay at least till the start of the "classic" generic because the soundtrack will bring some memories - for WoW players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would still be a tough fight because it was never going to be a success domestically. It just wasn't going to be happen. To really know the future of said franchise, you'd have to wait weeks to know how it did in it's overall release run.

Deleted
    I know its passed the budget, but how much does the movie need to make until its considered a success (ie when they start making profits)??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    And based on current numbers, Warcraft isn't seriously making money. It's in fact lost money, and after today, if it hasn't even broken even yet, it's officially a bust.
    How is it a bust if we are still on the opening weekend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCreed86 View Post
    I know its passed the budget, but how much does the movie need to make until its considered a success (ie when they start making profits)??
    Hollywood magicians say twice the bugdet+P&A in the full run.