Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You basically said numbers don't mean anything here, earlier, though. That's the reason I responded the way I did.
    null problemo, I went a little philosophical there in response to another poster who was a numbers guy

I just do not want to think about numbers too much but yeah obviously I want Warcraft to do well

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    This is what people on this forum cant seem to grasp. But they want to talk about what good taste the chinese have in movies.
    Only place where it didn't do well was USA, maybe muricas just have bad taste in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Numbers indeed speak for themselves:

Warcraft: $286,100,000
    The Conjuring 2: $90,350,000
    comparing something that has been out for weeks to something that just released. u b smart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Focusing so much on the orcs really hurt what it could have been I think. People were already burned out of orcs before this movie. Maybe not when it was being put together but by now it was just to much. Should of done some kind of elven-human-dwarf-undead story to get people invested first.
    orcs were the best tbh. me want more smash!

comparing something that has been out for weeks to something that just released. u b smart
    So what was the point of your numbers then if they don't mean anything?

Deleted
    trolling with FACTS...

okay
    If you conveniently forget to mention other facts that would oppose your argument, then yeah, you're trolling.

Deleted
    This is what people on this forum cant seem to grasp. But they want to talk about what good taste the chinese have in movies.
    China - ~$156M OW
    Rest of the world (excluding North America) - ~$120M (OW in some markets, second week in others)

Yes, there is someone on this forum that can't seem to grasp indeed.

Numbers indeed speak for themselves:

Warcraft: $286,100,000
    The Conjuring 2: $90,350,000
    Conjuring holds a budget of roughly 40M so it does surprisingly well overseas and it got more releases than I thought it would

conjuring 2 beat warcraft by 16 million with 120 million less invested

warcraft was not a good investment for the studio

the numbers speak for themselves
    deadpool made a huge profit with less than half the budget of most superhero movies.

is gotg a failure?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    How did batman make only a hair above double its production cost and get a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Oh shut up you troll DDDDD
    let him gloat, the Warcraft movie is good enough and it would be even better with the extra 40 minutes from Duncan

so I am content for now.

because both just released together in US.

oh and that foreign box office is pennys on the dollar. foreign bo doesnt make sequels possible. not sure why i have to explain all this to such a smart person like yourself

Ooooh shots fired!

Deleted

oh and that foreign box office is pennys on the dollar. foreign bo doesnt make sequels possible. not sure why i have to explain all this to such a smart person like yourself
    Yeah, 'cause the reason Pacific Rim is getting a sequel is because of the phenomenal domestic BO...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    No, it's because cinema critics do their job and actually rank movies based on their cinematographic quality (whom wow is devoid). It s perfectly ok to like bad movies, but objectively, on a cinematographic standpoint, the wow movie is terrible.
    Yes, implying that orcs are stupid because they don't use t-shirts is very objectively (not joking, a reviewer said this).

I do understand the points of the 4-5/10, 2-3/5 reviews, but the lower than 3/10 were purely click-bait written by hipsters that were beaten in school by computer nerds (or at least they sound like that).

- - - Updated - - -

oh and that foreign box office is pennys on the dollar.
    I got it, you are a time traveller that just came from the 80s and didn't had the time to learn about the 2010s.

10+ Year Old Account

You're on point there matey, but how about Pacific Rim? That crap gets a sequel. So it's not always about local bo. On the other side of things, Warcraft was ok. It should've been stellar though. The pacing and human actors were the biggest problem I think excluding Khadgar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Then why different critics often have polarized positions? Even in regards of Warcraft, there are critics who destroyed this movie, others who actually praised it.

Don't be naive and somehow forget that critics are human beings and, like you and me, deeply affected by their own opinions and personal tastes.
    While there way be some odd reviews, generally, when a movie is poorly rated by critics, there are some very legitimate reasons. And the warcraft movie isn't an exception (as I said I didn't expect it to be so bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Yeah, 'cause the reason Pacific Rim is getting a sequel is because of the phenomenal domestic BO...
    so this is a comparison of shitty movies now? which one will win? lmao

i guess if warcraft gets a sequel you can say it was just as shitty as pacific rim

well thats SOMETHING to look forward to at least

Deleted

i guess if warcraft gets a sequel you can say it was just as shitty as pacific rim

if pacific rim is shitty i wanna bathe in some shit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552