Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if pacific rim is shitty i wanna bathe in some shit
    Next post, he/she will say it was a shitty movie based on the RT score and I'll laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    On the other side of things, Warcraft was ok.
    i mean ok is fine and dandy. but you dont break even at 500 million with an ok movie. thats just gross mismanagement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    While there way be some odd reviews, generally, when a movie is poorly rated by critics, there are some very legitimate reasons. And the warcraft movie isn't an exception (as I said I didn't expect it to be so bad).
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/boondock_saints/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sev...seven%20pounds

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/law...ding%20citizen

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/but...he%20butterfly

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/equ...?search=equili

I could go on.

This isn't the first time where there is a huge disparity between the critics and the audience.

Deleted
    Watched it. Would have been fine if it wasn't called Warcraft.

It, naturally, defecated on the Warcraft Lore as i expected it to. Also lol, buff fistfighter Gul'dan. GGWP. If that's not Mythic Phase 4 for him in Legion i'm going to flood the WoW forums about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    While there way be some odd reviews, generally, when a movie is poorly rated by critics, there are some very legitimate reasons. And the warcraft movie isn't an exception (as I said I didn't expect it to be so bad).
    The only reason you're saying this is because it resonates beautifully with your own opinion of the movie, which is more or less what a lot of people do here: they have a set opinion about something and defend the side of the spectrum in line with said opinion. I prefer to avoid this by not pushing my own opinion of the movie and simply looking around me and what different people say/think of this movie. The result is that this movie is hilariously polarizing. There are Warcraft fans who either love or hate this, among the general audience there's poeple that liked it a lot and others not at all and there are critics that are either harsh, cautiously optimistic, somewhere in the middle or outright praising this for what it attempted to achieve.

Believe what you want to believe, but there's clearly more than our individual opinions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    i mean ok is fine and dandy. but you dont break even at 500 million with an ok movie. thats just gross mismanagement.
    So, you are indeed a time traveller from the 80s and already been in 2017. Who won, Trump or Hillary?

- - - Updated - - -

I love Equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    This is more good looking than any of the others. It's like saying Avatar wasn't worth seeing only because it was good-looking. Well, guess what, this is equally ground-breaking.
    Avatar is just pretty CGI. The story is far less interesting and one-dimensional than Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Next post, he/she will say it was a shitty movie based on the RT score and I'll laugh out loud.
    no pacific rim scored much higher with critics probably because they could understand what the fuck it was they were watching

- - - Updated - - -

So, you are indeed a time traveller from the 80s and already been in 2017. Who won, Trump or Hillary?
    lol what are you even talking about with time travel?

Deleted
    Ooh, that's a great measure. Well spotted!

Think I could use that to pick up some hidden gems I haven't watched yet.

And, yes, while I played WoW a very long time ago, I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore lore fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought Warcraft was very good.

It is also rapidly becoming a global hit everywhere except in the US. They'll easily recoup that $160 million budget (in revenue terms they already have).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-12 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    lol what are you even talking about with time travel?
    This:

oh and that foreign box office is pennys on the dollar.
    That's some hardcore 80s thinking that only someone that lived inside a cave all this time or a time traveller would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Ooh, that's a great measure. Well spotted!

Thank I could use that to pick up some hidden gems I haven't watched yet.
    Boondock Saints is great. Seven Pounds will tear your heart into tiny little pieces and stomp on it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Give up, the people that agree with the Warcraft negatives critics will never understand that RT or "official" review means nothing for the movie.
    Point is that anyway a lot of people don't understand that "official" critics are just "normal people" that publish their review on the web, often thinking they're superior because they watch a lot of movie or that they "studied" cinema.

But the point is that cinema is an art, so that call for the feelings of the moviegoer. And trying to categorize a movie only by his technicals characteristics (like 75% of the "pro" are doing) and neglecting the way people could "feel" it is like considering that a paint could be judged by a mathematical equation.

Technically Warcraft is maybe far from perfect, maybe even "mediocre" (at worst) but that's not the only point to judge. And actually, critics don't see anything else than this, and clearly DIDN T want to see anything else than this.

Idk if I exprimed my thought well, that would be far better in french, but meh, I tried.

This:

That's some hardcore 80s thinking that only someone that lived inside a cave all this time or a time traveller would have.
    idk if you want to believe china doesnt take huge cut of bo from universal and call me a time traveler then have at it lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Boondock Saints is great. Seven Pounds will tear your heart into tiny little pieces and stomp on it.
    Thanks. I've seen it, think its great, just like the rest on that list. I just liked the potential of this rating difference idea!

I think Batman Begins is a good example. It cost about the same production and advertising cost and yet grossed far less. Still got a sequel (because potential and good reception).

By the time a Warcraft sequel arrives, China Box office will have grown +50%. That alone makes the sequel have a lot of potential.

Deleted
    idk if you want to believe china doesnt take huge cut of bo from universal and call me a time traveler then have at it lol
    Oh, then you don't know the numbers? Universal isn't the biggest investor, they only paid for 25-30% of the production plus the P&A (the atrocious marketing) outside China. The rest was all chinese investors, including Legendary's owner Wanda.

Let say 30% of production and 30M P&A, that's around 80M. Rule of thumb, 160M is what Uni needs to break even.

At the end of the day, it will be a mild profit for Universal.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-12 at 07:25 PM.

IGN's E3 show is sponsored by the movie, so there's that advertisement XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    IGN's E3 show is sponsored by the movie, so there's that advertisement XD
    Like I said, the atrocious marketing. The gaming market is the worst market to be targeted, considering how segmented it is.

Jesus Christ, I'm armchairing this stuff, but Universal marketing team must have the worst intern working for them with all these basic mistakes.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-12 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How did batman make only a hair above double its production cost and get a sequel?
    Batman Begins earned 200 out of its 375 million from the US, where they get the most out of every dollar in box office. Also, a trilogy was probably in the works from the very get-go.