Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Mein Kampf legal now and Orwells 1984 gets banned...
    Please tell me you are joking

I bet most of them won't even read it till the end. And I understand them, it's a very boring book.

Deleted
    Go on long enough telling people are racist and dismissing their claims on that basis and people will get more extreme. No sane person wants to just sit by and watch their nation deteriorate due to influences from a f*cked up foreign culture. People tried to do it nicely at the very beginning, it didn't work and here we are. "Oh you don't like the high influx of immigrants and the fact that large group of them keeps disappearing from the immigration centers and officials can't say where they went? Racist!".

I don't care what color your skin is, I care about what kind of culture you come from and what kind of ideals it has carved into your brain and how you behave. So far I've heard a lot of complaints from immigrants about my country's food and the cold atmosphere and alleged blind racism. If you don't like the sanctuary one of the safest nations on this planet offers, you can leave.

Less rapists and social bums for us to deal with.

Deleted
    This is nonsense.

The ban on the book from various european countries has been lifted. Obviously theres some curiosity and the book got republished.
    Just get out with your doomsday theories.

Deleted
    are you serious? is the washington post serious? are you a book burner? have you read it? I read it in my teens at school as part of religious education as did everyone in my year, maybe you should coz you've just generalized 500 million ppl in the EU, get it?

When you let in millions of unchecked people from a different religion/culture, don't get surprised.

Not surprised in the slightest seeing as people are sick of the refugee crisis, and now getting resentful over it. This has happened throughout history. As for the book itself, from what I understand, it's pretty terrible on a number of levels.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Please tell me you are joking
    Nope after the NSA scandal they banned 1984 and merkel told us live in TV its to protect the children...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nope after the NSA scandal they banned 1984 and merkel told us live in TV its to protect the children...
    1984 by Orwell is not banned in Germany. I ordered a paperback version about a few months ago. Here are some retailers that sell it.

http://www.thalia.de/shop/home/artik...ID1778730.html

https://www.weltbild.de/artikel/buch...acixoCGhTw_wcB

http://www.buecher.de/shop/science-f...d_id/05292550/

https://www.amazon.de/1984-George-Orwell/dp/3548234100

Deleted
    Some shit newspaper in Italy was giving copies of it FOR FREE.
    It's all part of the game. We've had this before in the '70s. Radicalize the extremes till they become dangerous and people move back to the centre.
    Hopefully THIS TIME people won't fall for it.

I guess people like reading shitty books.

I'm not gonna speculate why it's popular now.

I will say that id like to read it. It's history. It would be interesting to know the mans state of mind. No reason to ban it outright. Also, the super strict ultra sensitive laws of Europe that restricts speech makes reading something considered taboo all the more enticing. For me, if you swing too far one direction, I'm naturally gonna pull in the opposite direction. If Europe when ultra conservative, I'd probably start reading some feminist frequency or some shit.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the banning of the book.

Who wouldn't want to go into the mind of one of the most destructive villain the world has ever known?

It's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I never understood the banning of the book.

Who wouldn't want to go into the mind of one of the most destructive villain the world has ever known?

It's fascinating.
    My friend is fascinated with him. It's quite weird. I get it though.

Hitler was evil yeah, but he was apparently charismatic as fuck. He convinced a lot of people to do some horrid things and his rise to power is something that is uncommon. I sure as hell couldn't convince a nation to elect me ruler and commit genicide. I probably couldn't even be a supervisor in ISIS even if I preached the stoning of gays and burning of America.

They'd be like "I like what you're saying, but I don't think your the right face for us ". Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I know but some satireblogs spammed the internet 2013 with that and still most ppl think its banned.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    My friend is fascinated with him. It's quite weird. I get it though.

Hitler was evil yeah, but he was apparently charismatic as fuck. He convinced a lot of people to do some horrid things and his rise to power is something that is uncommon. I sure as hell couldn't convince a nation to elect me ruler and commit genicide. I probably couldn't even be a supervisor in ISIS even if I preached the stoning of gays and burning of America.

They'd be like "I like what you're saying, but I don't think your the right face for us ". Lol.
    Well, it's not like Hitler said "elect me and i'm going to commit genocide". He said "elect me and i'll make Germany great again. No more poverty. No more starving. No more getting bullied by the rest of Europe, etc."

Once Hitler got into power, he went through with making standards of living better for most Germans. By the time many Germans realized Hitler's other ambitions, there wasn't much many of them could do about it. What are they going to do, speak up? That'd just have Nazi authorities banging at your door, taking you into the night, and never being heard from again.

It's why I don't fault the German people for wwII or the holocaust. If you ask me, the fault lies solely on the diplomats at Versallis placing unrealistic standards on Germany following WWI, which lead to the hyperinflation crisis. John Maynard Keynes and many other sensible economists spoke out against the treaty, but they were ignored.

15+ Year Old Account
    was curious what a First Edition copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler himself might be worth today

you could essentially trade it for a brand new 2016 Mercedes-Benz SLK 300

a copy sold at auction last year for $44,000

http://www.newsweek.com/first-editio...s-43750-317449

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    If I remember correctly. Hitler in his Will left all his property to the 3rd Reich and encase it does not exist to the German State that follows it. Not sure if I can explain how but Bavaria became the owner of Hitler's Estate in 1945.(Probably because that is were he became a Citizen, back then Germany was not so United and German Lands each still had their own passports, if I remember my History classes right.)

Sorry, I cannot explain it better, I really got no knowledge law on the matter of Wills and Estates.
    Bavaria inherited after Hitler because officially he was registered as living in Munich, Bavaria. (He mostly lived in Munich in the 1920s.) A German court in 1948 decided that all his inheritance should go to the Bavarian state because of a law that was used to confiscate the property of Nazi leaders. He had a sister, who sued for part of the inheritance, but in the end didn't get anything.

By the way, Hitler became a German citizen only in 1932. He was an Austrian citizen until 1925 (?), and than stateless.

Yeah I get that. That's what I was meaning. He was a great politician and very influential. My point was that I couldn't even get a part time management gig in ISIS even if I beat the army, but Hitler rose pretty high and basically nearly conquered erope.

I don't blame Germans for hitler. From my understanding most of them were pretty moderate. It would basically be like if Obama started up a gestapo sometime in '14 when we elected him because of hope and change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Well, it's not like Hitler said "elect me and i'm going to commit genocide". He said "elect me and i'll make Germany great again.".
    I see what you did there.