Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Before such an idea comes to fruition, they need to introduce more lore characters of different races. If Hearthstone shows anything, WoW is heavily saturated with humans, orcs and elves. Where's the kickass Tauren and Gnomes?

inb4 Tauren DH because why not, they got their Uthers already

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    inb4 Tauren DH because why not, they got their Uthers already
    Tauren Paladins make more sense than blood elf Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Tauren Paladins don't make sense when they look like human Paladins because the two races are totally different, aestheticly and culturally. They should've made a special class for them with different looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    anduin better pick up a hammer and become a paladin by the end of this expansion or ill be upset
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Tauren Paladins don't make sense when they look like human Paladins because the two races are totally different, aestheticly and culturally. Tauren walking around in shiny armor makes no sense. They should've made a special class for them with different looks.
    Minor glyphs look promising to help with things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    anduin better pick up a hammer and become a paladin by the end of this expansion or ill be upset
    Noooo screw you Paladins you have enough lore figures. We had Velen and nobody else for like 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO, no they dont. they decided to look up at the sun after the cataclysm hit and said "huh, thats cool, im gonna worship it now"

the blood elves siphoned magic from a naaru as a necessary evil to redeem their people and help fight the legion

saying the tauren paladins make sense is fully acknowledging that a race of pretty smart people had been living under the sun for thousands of years, and never decided to worship it until very recently

but to each their own i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by "lightofdawn
    LMAO, no they dont. they decided to look up at the sun after the cataclysm hit and said "huh, thats cool, im gonna worship it now"

the blood elves siphoned magic from a naaru as a necessary evil to redeem their people and help fight the legion

saying the tauren paladins make sense is fully acknowledging that a race of pretty smart people had been living under the sun for thousands of years, and never decided to worship it until very recently

If they really wanted to implement it that badly, then they should have made a new class for it with specific racial traits attached to it, a different name to the class and certain specifics which reflect their culture. I am not saying they can't have a light-yielding class because their lore makes that possible(lol @the way you described it), but making it have no cultural, racial and religious portrait of the tauren was simply lazy at best. The class has to reflect a civilizational aspect too. Now we have Tauren running around as if they're Uther or Liadrin who are/were reflecting upon their civilizations' aesthetical characteristics. The origin of the Tauren "Paladin" is totally different and has a different connotation.

Humans were taught in magic by the elves and the elves could've easily been influenced by the religious views of the humans in order to attain the possibilty to yield the light. They were allies ever since Arathi helped them get rid of the trolls.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-12 at 08:28 PM.

Where's the kickass Tauren and Gnomes?
    Well, we've got human boy-loving (and potentially child stomping) Dezco, Baine "I think Garrosh betrayed my father even though it was my father who challenged his Warchief to a Mak'gora to the death over total bullshit" Bloodhoof and in Legion we see the return of the Taunka leader. Plus there are the Highmountain Tauren. Shame there were no renegade Yaungol that have joined the Tauren though. And asking a Gnome to be kickass is like asking a Tauren to fit into a shoebox. Asking something beyond their means. Gotta respect the racial limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Hopefully Anduin will end up finding some love, maybe we'll be introduced to a girl who'll comfort him and cheer him up, and he'll marry her and produce an new heir.
    I was always wondering why Anduin didn't seem to have been engaged from birth, like royalty would often do back in those days, his own father was even engaged from birth.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And lastly, blizzard said that anduin will have one of the most COMPELLING stories in WoW. Talk about an expansion about finding illidan and defeating the legion am I right?
    "Boldly said, but I remain unconvinced."

Blizzard said a lot of similar things about Warlords, and look what that got us? The only thing I'm currently convinced on is that Blizzard will snag defeat out of the jaws of victory with their bad decision making and game design philosophy. Just like they did with Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I was always wondering why Anduin didn't seem to have been engaged from birth, like royalty would often do back in those days, his own father was even engaged from birth.
    Because Blizzard killed off the ruling families of all the other human kingdoms. There was no one to seal the betrothal either as all the kings are either killed or raised into the undead.

Now that I think of it, Calia is the ideal choice for him due to being a priest, while also being the princess/queen of Lordaeron. Another possibility is Tess Greymane. Theres literally no one else to marry him, unless he is into some dwarven action with Moira.

Paladins have been warriors of philosophical views since forever. Blood Elves being able to "steal" the light? So why can't Orcs "steal" the light, or Goblins? That's a huge plothole if being a Paladin is as simple as stealing light.

Paladins have been warriors of philosophical views since forever. Blood Elves being able to "steal" the light? So why can't Orcs "steal" the light, or Goblins? That's a huge plothole if being a Paladin is as simple as stealing light.
    They've had contact and close civilizational ties with the humans for centuries after they've beaten the trolls together. The elves taught the humans how to yield magic and the humans could've easily taught the elves in the ways of the light. We are talking about a time period that stretches from the days of Arathor up untill the Third War. That is a very long timeframe within which they've attained the affinity for yielding light.

10+ Year Old Account
    im assuming it was the elves' massive affinity for magic, and the similarities between the light of the naaru and the sunwell that made it possible for them to harness it.

They've had contact and close civilizational ties with the humans for centuries after they've beaten the trolls together. The elves taught the humans how to yield magic and the humans could've easily taught the elves in the ways of the light. We are talking about a time period that stretches from the days of Arathor up untill the Third War. That is a very long timeframe within which they've attained the affinity for yielding light.
    Uther and Turalyon were the first human paladins though? I'm not talking priests, of course.

Uther and Turalyon were the first human paladins though? I'm not talking priests, of course.
    Yes, Uther created the Knights of the Silver Hand, but the practice of yielding light was present in human society for a long time before the First War. They just repurposed it from healing and defending into offense.

im assuming it was the elves' massive affinity for magic, and the similarities between the light of the naaru and the sunwell that made it possible for them to harness it.
    And before this, the lore of Paladins has always been knights wielding the light with unshakable faith that it blesses them in combat. What separates priests from Paladins is that Paladins become vessels of their faith. Tauren are vessels of their faith. Blood Elves aren't. They don't praise the power of the light, they have no churches of the light, they don't follow the teachings of the light. They just stole the power. They're the wild cards of paladin lore, not Tauren.

And before this, the lore of Paladins has always been knights wielding the light with unshakable faith that it blesses them in combat. What separates priests from Paladins is that Paladins become vessels of their faith. Tauren are vessels of their faith. Blood Elves aren't. They don't praise the power of the light, they have no churches of the light, they don't follow the teachings of the light. They just stole the power. They're the wild cards of paladin lore, not Tauren.
    The real issue is that Tauren "Paladin" should be named differently because the source of their belief is different, the timespan it covers is different and their entire civilization is different. They could call their class Sunwalkers or whatever comes to mind as appropriate. It feels like Blizzard was very lazy when implementing this. You either implement something that is a 100% percent meaningful or you don't pull the stunt off at all.

Paladin, up untill Cataclysm, were a civilizational symbol of the Alliance races, including the former Alliance race of the elves which joined Horde ranks.

The real issue is that Tauren "Paladin" should be named differently because the source of their belief is different, the timespan it covers is different and their entire civilization is different.

Paladin, up untill Cataclysm, were a civilizational symbol of the Alliance races, including the former Alliance race of the elves which joined Horde ranks.
    I don't dispute that. but obviously creating a whole new class just for Tauren would be a waste of development. Best to just call them Paladins and let them slide.