Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Like I said, the atrocious marketing. The gaming market is the worst market to be targeted, considering how segmented it is.

Jesus Christ, I'm armchairing this stuff, but Universal marketing team must have the worst intern working for them with all these basic mistakes.
    Buddy. Either most of us are morons and these guys are actually geniuses... Or a lot of major studios have morons working for them.

I'm not sure which it is. But I can't help but think that their choices as of late are so stupid that it's a miracle that these fools have jobs. Must be nepotism. No other way to explain some of the horrible scripts, cast choices, editing, advertising and marketing executive interference that goes on in most films.

If I ever make a movie, I won't work with anyone but Disney right now. Maybe a few others, but Disney is first on my building list. They seem to be the only big players who seem like their successes are not random flukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    no pacific rim scored much higher with critics probably because they could understand what the fuck it was they were watching
    Or maybe it's the fact that Warcraft already had an uphill battle to start with because of the game based movie bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Also lol, buff fistfighter Gul'dan. GGWP. If that's not Mythic Phase 4 for him in Legion i'm going to flood the WoW forums about it.
    The the fel made him stronger, larger, more muscular.

And of course he's going to use his fists. in a Mak'gora, magic is'nt permitted. Hence all the orc spectators calling him a cheater when they saw him use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Thanks. I've seen it, think its great, just like the rest on that list. I just liked the potential of this rating difference idea!
    Ohhh I misunderstood what you were saying.

I honestly enjoyed the movie. My mom liked it more than I did, and she knows less about Warcraft. xD But I think I had the same problem another poster did - I was so busy staring at everything ("zomg! There's Stormwind! ZOMG! Dalaran!" etc), that I missed a bit of the movie.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I just watched it and I liked it a lot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Or maybe it's the fact that Warcraft already had an uphill battle to start with because of the game based movie bias.

Pacific rim was a good story even without giant robots and kaiju. People went to see giant robots fight, and we got good characters with good development.

The same issues I hear about Warcraft I hear about batman and superman. So it's not a game bias. It's like you saying hating the new GB is sexist but ignoring that COD has a more dislike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Pacific rim was a good story even without giant robots and kaiju. People went to see giant robots fight, and we got good characters with good development.
    Lol.

(first : i liked pacific rim a lot)
    No, pacific rim has almost like 0 backstory, and 0 character developpement. That's exactly what it lack. There is a lot of "story" element that could've been great to see (like the link between pilots, this kind of shit) but we had like NOTHING about it in the movie.

That's just a cliché blockbuster of giant mecha fighting giant monster, ruining cities on their fight.

The movie is very enjoyable, fking beautiful and breathtaking, but no. The story isn't clearly the good point of this film. Almost the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post

The same issues I hear about Warcraft I hear about batman and superman. So it's not a game bias. It's like you saying hating the new GB is sexist but ignoring that COD has a more dislike.
    It's not like people are actually bashing the movie because of plot. Yes it's fast paced, but even that doesn't make it hard to absorb.
    Any person with braincells can keep up with the plot.

BvS had too many plot holes and things that would make it better by cutting things out.

Warcraft's flaw is that the times that lets you breathe and absorb the world you're surrounded in, was left on the cutting table by the studio, because of either "summer blockbuster" criteria, or they ran out of money to finish the rest of VFX.

Someone on Tumblr made this...

http://elf-lock.tumblr.com/post/1457...ct-you-so-many

”Your father’s spirit will protect you.”

so many years he carried that tusk with the express purpose of gifting it to his friend’s son, hoping he’d survived
    Man... if this is how it happens in the movie, I will cry
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-06-12 at 08:43 PM.

It's not like people are actually bashing the movie because of plot. Yes it's fast paced, but even that doesn't make it hard to absorb.
    Any person with braincells can keep up with the plot.

BvS had too many plot holes and things that would make it better by cutting things out.

Warcraft's flaw is that the times that lets you breathe and absorb the world you're surrounded in, was left on the cutting table by the studio, because of either "summer blockbuster" criteria, or they ran out of money to finish the rest of VFX.
    Supposedly the Director's Cut is 40 minutes longer.

Was decent, but the whole Llane's death scene/ Doomhammer vs Lothar duel felt like ... who the fuck wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    Supposedly the Director's Cut is 40 minutes longer.
    I know. Been preaching it all over the place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Someone on Tumblr made this...

http://elf-lock.tumblr.com/post/1457...ct-you-so-many

”Your father’s spirit will protect you.”

Man... if this is how it happens in the movie, I will cry
    OMG! Although I doubt Orgrim will ever have hair.

OMG! Although I doubt Orgrim will ever have hair.
    Yeah, he seems to be natural bald and not having his head shaved. But heck, who knows?

But this scene is still amazing!
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-06-12 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Was decent, but the whole Llane's death scene/ Doomhammer vs Lothar duel felt like ... who the fuck wrote that.
    I think the Llane/garona scene was better than it actually played out in the lore but i kind of agree on the duel, one of the worst parts of the movie, altough i loved the movie.

Yeah, he seems to be natural bald and not having his head shaved. But heck, who knows?

But this scene is still amazing!
    It's stated he shaves it in the durotan prequal, there also a reason for his spot on the head in there but i forgot what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    It's stated he shaves it in the durotan prequal, there also a reason for his spot on the head in there but i forgot what it was.
    Oh! That's interesting! Well then, its still possible for him to get long hair then!
    But why did he shave?

Oh! That's interesting! Well then, its still possible for him to get long hair then!
    But why did he shave?

"Ogrim's mother claimed her little warrior had been so eager to fight that he struck the midwife's hand with his head as he entered the world and the spirits left him with a bruise in the form of a reddish splotch on his otherwise brown skull. Ogrim was fond of this story and therefore always shaved his pate even in winter, which most Frostwolves thought foolish."
    Last edited by Thontor; 2016-06-12 at 09:16 PM.

I know. Been preaching it all over the place.
    You can preach it all you want but that extra 40 mins doesn't mean jack shit other than making an already average fantasy movie longer.

It definitely doesn't mean it would fix warcrafts problems and there were quite a few. You can hope it would and It might but that also doesn't mean much because what's on the cutting room floor might just have needed to be there. If this was the best jones was able to do, you can bet some other mistakes are also on the floor as well. It's not very likely its 40 mins of bliss footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It was Blackhand vs Lothar btw.

And I believe Duncan Jones has said that was an homage to Sergio Leone. You know, the duels in the spaghetti westerns

I thought it was pretty awesome. a great connection to what Lothar said earlier "they're stronger, be smarter"

Deleted
    The only reason you're saying this is because it resonates beautifully with your own opinion of the movie, which is more or less what a lot of people do here: they have a set opinion about something and defend the side of the spectrum in line with said opinion. I prefer to avoid this by not pushing my own opinion of the movie and simply looking around me and what different people say/think of this movie. The result is that this movie is hilariously polarizing. There are Warcraft fans who either love or hate this, among the general audience there's poeple that liked it a lot and others not at all and there are critics that are either harsh, cautiously optimistic, somewhere in the middle or outright praising this for what it attempted to achieve.

Believe what you want to believe, but there's clearly more than our individual opinions here.
    It's not only a matter of liking or disliking a movie, it's a matter of judging a piece of art with standards pertaining to the field of this work of art.

You can like a work of art which is regarded as poor in its field. But critics will judge the piece of art in regard to what is done in its field (it is what being a professional critics means).

And, as a movie, Warcraft is deeply flawed on almost all aspect (as I said, it is little more than a sloppy 1960s fantasy movie, in CGI). Which doesn't mean you can't like it. Sometimes even I like flawed movies/TV shows. But it doesn't mean they are not flawed.

To the cineast, there is little doubt that, as an example, on a cinematographic standpoint, the LoTR movies are way better than the warcraft movie. There are some very concrete reasons the LoTR movies are regarded as masterpieces, regardless of if you did like those movie or not.

The point isn't to make people who liked the movie feel bad, but to provide feedback to the producers, so they don't do something like that again. Or encourage producers if they produce a fine piece of art.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-06-12 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    It was Blackhand vs Lothar btw.

And I believe Duncan Jones has said that was an homage to Sergio Leone. You know, the duels in the spaghetti westerns

I thought it was pretty awesome. a great connection to what Lothar said earlier "they're stronger, be smarter"
    Yep, my bad... tired. Also, roids Gul'dan, lol