Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't dispute that. but obviously creating a whole new class just for Tauren would be a waste of development. Best to just call them Paladins and let them slide.
    That is why their storytelling went weaker and weaker as they are taking the shortcut to everything. You are right. Its a corporational mindset that they follow.

It would've been great had they added more classes. An entire expansion could revolve around an Alliance v Horde conflict, where they'd implement new classes such as Ranger, Dark Ranger, Sunwalker and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    That sounds awful.

The new pantheon being a collection of the biggest mary sues in Warcraft story and Illidan. No, just no.

Why? Velen was never peacekeeper toward the Legion and his renewed will to fight them means he'll be pushing for the factions to stop being retards more than ever.
    He's always have been wary of the legion because of his old friends. May you want it or not, Velen still has ties with his old brethren. They were his kin, after all.

But with his son's betrayal, he's losing it. Eredar or not, they're going down, and he'll make sure they do.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    He's always have been wary of the legion because of his old friends. May you want it or not, Velen still has ties with his old brethren. They were his kin, after all.

But with his son's betrayal, he's losing it. Eredar or not, they're going down, and he'll make sure they do.
    Alliance leaders(mostly human ones) and their sons ain't doing too well in Warcraft in general. Galen and Thoras, Liam and Genn, Arthas and Terenas, Derek and Daelin and now this. One always dies through a tragedy or kills the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Alliance leaders(mostly human ones) and their sons ain't doing too well in Warcraft in general. Galen and Thoras, Liam and Genn, Arthas and Terenas, Derek and Daelin and now this. One always dies through a tragedy or kills the other.
    He's not actually dead. His soul is in the Twisting Nether. Demons - including eredar - never truly dies... unless killed into the Nether themselves.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Blizzard's writers love father/son issues for some reason.

He's not actually dead. His soul is in the Twisting Nether. Demons - including eredar - never truly dies... unless killed into the Nether themselves.
    Unless it was meant as final punishment for Velen, his son did say he would face oblivion, it is quite likely his soul will be destroyed the moment it enters the nether.

But that doesn't change the fact that his son deserved his death for the countless worlds he burned, while being a part of the legion. It doesn't matter if Velen is his daddy or not.It is quite likely his kill count would let Arthas look like a saint

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Because Blizzard killed off the ruling families of all the other human kingdoms. There was no one to seal the betrothal either as all the kings are either killed or raised into the undead.

Now that I think of it, Calia is the ideal choice for him due to being a priest, while also being the princess/queen of Lordaeron. Another possibility is Tess Greymane. Theres literally no one else to marry him, unless he is into some dwarven action with Moira.
    Why would that have any impact on Anduin's betrothal? Varian was betrothal to Tiffin, who was from a noble family of Stormwind, so every kingdom dying off, would have no impact on Anduin's future wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Why would that have any impact on Anduin's betrothal? Varian was betrothal to Tiffin, who was from a noble family of Stormwind, so every kingdom dying off, would have no impact on Anduin's future wife.
    To be fair stormwind was considered a peasant Kingdom at the time, not even receiving support during a gnoll invasion, nowadays things might be different. But there are no real suitable candidates left they are all too old and not much longer in childbearing age anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To be fair stormwind was considered a peasant Kingdom at the time, not even receiving support during a gnoll invasion, nowadays things might be different. But there are no real suitable candidates left they are all too old and not much longer in childbearing age anyway.
    There is no rule that says Anduin should marry someone from another royal house or even from a noble house. If royal houses would only marry between each other they would die out rather quickly due to inbreeding

Blizzard just has to create a character. They did it for Thrall, they can do it for Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    And before this, the lore of Paladins has always been knights wielding the light with unshakable faith that it blesses them in combat. What separates priests from Paladins is that Paladins become vessels of their faith. Tauren are vessels of their faith. Blood Elves aren't. They don't praise the power of the light, they have no churches of the light, they don't follow the teachings of the light. They just stole the power. They're the wild cards of paladin lore, not Tauren.
    they attoned for that in the quel delar quests, and they use the reignited sunwell as a conduit for their magic now. which is alot more interesting than finally realizing the sun exists
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Anduin will unify Azeroth's race into one faction. There is no more reason for Hord and Alliance to fight each other after Legion.
    No new lands full of resources, the last official conflict (beside Jaine Proudmoore) was between Sylvannas and Genn Greymane and I suppose that something will happen to the Banshee Queen that will let Genn to take Gilneas back. And there is an obvious threat bigger than factions' conflict that will require all races focus.

I bet that next expansion will be more Trolls/Humans focused but i'll post my theory on that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    He could marry a Stormwind noble, yes, but for the sake of more interests, bethrothals are made between equally powerful houses.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is all this talk of creating a love for Anduin?! One already exists! His name is Wrathion.

I know, but it fits the son vs father pattern.

That is why their storytelling went weaker and weaker as they are taking the shortcut to everything. You are right. Its a corporational mindset that they follow.

It would've been great had they added more classes. An entire expansion could revolve around an Alliance v Horde conflict, where they'd implement new classes such as Ranger, Dark Ranger, Sunwalker and so on.
    While Blizzard does tend to take the lazy way out, I think in this case it doesn't really apply. Creating a bunch of new classes that would be specific to a single race would be a gameplay nightmare for them. It's not about cutting corners, it's just a massive undertaking. Let's just think about the Sunwalkers. They would need to create 3 specializations, create new spells, new animations, new talents, new glyphs, new armor, add class trainers in every city for convenience's sake, add 3 more artifacts, an other class hall, another class campaign, more class quests... They'd have to find some gimmick to make them unique, and on top of that it would be even more difficult to balance classes.

It's a lot of work for something that most players would ultimately call lazy, because it would inevitably be too similar to Paladins. They could definitely change some spells' names and visuals to give more racial flavors (like how Blood Elves used to have Seal of Blood rather than Seal of the Martyr in BC), but making separate classes for each race would not be a smart way to go about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    im so hyped for the new stories, im gutted varian is dead but i cant wait to see anduins new swanky story

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    While Blizzard does tend to take the lazy way out, I think in this case it doesn't really apply. Creating a bunch of new classes that would be specific to a single race would be a gameplay nightmare for them. It's not about cutting corners, it's just a massive undertaking. Let's just think about the Sunwalkers. They would need to create 3 specializations, create new spells, new animations, new talents, new glyphs, new armor, add class trainers in every city for convenience's sake, add 3 more artifacts, an other class hall, another class campaign, more class quests... They'd have to find some gimmick to make them unique, and on top of that it would be even more difficult to balance classes.

It's a lot of work for something that most players would ultimately call lazy, because it would inevitably be too similar to Paladins. They could definitely change some spells' names and visuals to give more racial flavors (like how Blood Elves used to have Seal of Blood rather than Seal of the Martyr in BC), but making separate classes for each race would not be a smart way to go about it.
    The Dark Ranger would be the Horde parallel of the Alliance Ranger and vice versa, a new class for the undead and humans. They'd have to develop and script one class' mechanics and just copy it into the other one, while only renaming the talents and specs. Basically one class, just named differently for different races, with different names for the same specs and talents.

The same applies for Tauren Paladin; they could be called Sunwalkers, they could have 3 spec which would work almost identical as the 3 Paladin ones, with the same talents, but both the specs and the talents would simply be renamed to reflect upon that race.

Basically, I envisoned it the way you mention it in your post's second paragraph. As you put it; give it some racial flavour.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-13 at 12:21 AM.

am I the only one here who thinks that Anduin is goin to become a Paladin and will have Turalyon as his new mentor?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    No there isn't. Pretty sure that's some theory you just made up now.
    There 3 prophesies about end of world in Legion. One about Magni's returns, one about some ancient city and third one about "The wolf cub inherit bloody pack". The wolf cub is definitely Anduin and bloody pack is Genn's worgens.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    We have yet to see a body soooooo I still dont believe Varian is dead. Give us warriors his weapons for fucks sake.
    His weapon one of the main reasons while i still believe his not dead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I don't want Anduin to find a wife (or Wrathion - seriously this "ship" is getting out of hand) nor do I want him to become a paladin.

Why do we always must have big, muscular characters that lift massive weapons? It's interesting having a 'spiritual' character, like Anduin. He's quiet unique and I hope Blizzard give him good lore.
    Because Stormwind needs warrior king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    What is all this talk of creating a love for Anduin?! One already exists! His name is Wrathion.
    That might be what you call it where you are from, but where I'm, from, which is a planet called Earth, we call it being friends!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do you know that for sure?
    Do you know how many Noble houses there is and how many daughers of Anduin's age there is?
    No, for all we know, there is sone. But we don't kno, I'm not saying for sure he will marry one, but I hope he get's one eventually.
    Hopefully his story will touch upon this!