Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This is an outrage, i DEMAND to be able to do everything in the first 4 weeks then in week 5 i feel entitled to bitch on the forums over lack of content

/s
    this has cost you three raid tiers and 2 content patches, but it shall be implemented, u may max it on day 1

This is from one scroll being consumed as of this latest build.

EDIT: Of course, it's bugged and doesn't give you any extra, but that's what it says.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-06-13 at 12:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post

This is from one scroll being consumed as of this latest build.
    it doesn't even mean 100%, it's actually 1% gain.

Deleted
    as of now (?), it takes 2 days per 'Artifact Research Notes', instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    it doesn't even mean 100%, it's actually 1% gain.
    I'm going to guess it's broken, since none of the artifact things I use give me any more than default.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yup it's just shit to keep us feeling like we have to stay subscribed. I hope it backfires on them in the end.
    To tell you the truth, I don't mind it. You gain power over a period of time. Not necessarily a bad thing
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I guess what i object to with this system and the legendary one is how blatantly obvious it is that it's designed to draw the content out excessively.

How I imagine systems like this should work is, you defeat an instance, it drops rewards that gradually make it easier to beat it, then you go on to the next one based off the gear from the previous one. These new systems they introduce don't work that way, and the only logical conclusion a player is left with is that they're being held back, often running easy outdated content for very slow rewards, just because Blizz doesn't have enough content to keep them interested and needs to drag everything out.
    That isn't so true. When it comes to the gear the base level of it with no socket, no warforge, no titanforge, or no t-stats is enough to easily and estentially progress your character just as it does today. Those additional things are there and provide another layer of reward for those that really do enjoy that content and spend a lot of time with it and not be at a total dead end and give a random lotto hit. If you have no desire to run those things or decide to move on to raiding or mythic plus 5 mans then you will eventually hit a point of diminishing returns on doing that other content. Things get drug out because people want things to do in the game. But these things also have to have some meaning or no one will really do them. It's why fill in the blue bar in the Jungle was widely done but fill in the blue bar daily from the garrison was widely scorned and left undone.

I for one want content drawn out. I want content to stay meaningful for as long as possible because I enjoy playing WoW when their is something to do and pursue. It fucking sucks when their is nothing left to do besides unsub. I at no point want them to design content around getting me to unsub as fast as possible. Just saying that sounds retarded to me. But it is what I am kinda getting from you. Feel free to retort but I am not sure how else I should take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    That isn't so true. When it comes to the gear the base level of it with no socket, no warforge, no titanforge, or no t-stats is enough to easily and estentially progress your character just as it does today. Those additional things are there and provide another layer of reward for those that really do enjoy that content and spend a lot of time with it and not be at a total dead end and give a random lotto hit. If you have no desire to run those things or decide to move on to raiding or mythic plus 5 mans then you will eventually hit a point of diminishing returns on doing that other content. Things get drug out because people want things to do in the game. But these things also have to have some meaning or no one will really do them. It's why fill in the blue bar in the Jungle was widely done but fill in the blue bar daily from the garrison was widely scorned and left undone.

I for one want content drawn out. I want content to stay meaningful for as long as possible because I enjoy playing WoW when their is something to do and pursue. It fucking sucks when their is nothing left to do besides unsub. I at no point want them to design content around getting me to unsub as fast as possible. Just saying that sounds retarded to me. But it is what I am kinda getting from you. Feel free to retort but I am not sure how else I should take it.
    Some people have opposite viewpoints. I like having BiS, and I like the feeling of accomplishment, that I have the absolute best gear in the game. Having infinite grind diminishes this feeling as I know that I will never have the best item possible, and makes me less likely to bother with it therefore. Gating it behing RNG exacerbates it as it takes away feeling of control and certainty. And having BiS takes months, and only 0.x% of people will ever reach that point anyways - I don't see anything wrong with having a hard cap. So if they are making the new system to cater to this very tiny minority of players who burn through everything very quickly or because of their inability to release content frequently then I would say the system is misguided.

This diablo-esque infinite grind system would surely make things take longer, for sure, but remember that many people will just quit the game instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Thing is the MAAAASIVE costs dont pop up until your trying to get the 0.5% increase, then its alot, and thats fine, for those who play alot, they deserve a small boost, it may eve ntake the whole expansion for somone to get the 20/20 for that, but who cares, it is such a minor increase each point wise that unless you have 2 people, one who has not farmed at all, and one who has been farming for 8 months, their wont be much difference

Golden dragons
    Committed= able to get it done before raid
    Others= Will probebly take a month and a half

Full artifacts
    Committed= able to get it done in maybe 2 months
    Others= maybe about 4 months

5/20 artifact dump
    Committed= 6 months
    others= 8 months

10/20
    10 months
    12 months

15/20
    14 months
    16 months

20/20
    18 months
    24 months

(guesses and more of examples) as it does seem they want us to have a slight progression pat out of leveling, these artifact traits that only give 0.5% per level will be a way to do that, but i doudt any team would require 20/20, they may say "hey work on it abit" but i doudt they would go "oh your only 16/20 yeah fuck off"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
    as of now (?), it takes 2 days per 'Artifact Research Notes', instead of 5.

This may be them testing, the alt catch up mechanism is supposed to be a reduction in the time required to obtain max artifact knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    This may be them testing, the alt catch up mechanism is supposed to be a reduction in the time required to obtain max artifact knowledge.
    That is exactly how it works... you have to research (via farmed order resources) like 5 levels of increase. Max level I believe at the moment is 300%... which means... an item that WOULD have given you only 25 AP will now give you 75.

BUT.... it will take a good while to research all 5 levels and farm the resources.

The "reduction of time" is actually giving you MORE AP for the time you spend... which effectively is the same thing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    So, what prevents you from collecting all of your artifact boost items during the week and when you get this scroll using it, and suddenly using all of your artifact boost items? It seems like you are being penalized if you don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, what prevents you from collecting all of your artifact boost items during the week and when you get this scroll using it, and suddenly using all of your artifact boost items? It seems like you are being penalized if you don't do that.
    Artifact power item value is set at the time of acquisition based on the level of Artifact Knowledge you had at that time, specifically to prevent hoarding of this nature. Artifact Knowledge also doesn't impact non-repeatable sources of artifact power (such as items from leveling up quests and so on) to prevent people from leaving those sources of artifact power idle until they have obtained the maximum knowledge rank.

I wish Blizzard put as much thought into ways to making the game fun and rewarding as they do gating...

Instead of thinking "if player plays 36 hours they would be able to gather X number of widgets"... Instead they think... how can we make getting X number of widgets take 3 months?

It's not necessary to worry over maxing your artifact so much. Most of the points will come quickly, off spec weapons will go even faster, and the rest will come as you do what you were going to be doing anyway.

Don't treat it like some kind of work related deadline with your job and pension on the chopping block.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup it's just shit to keep us feeling like we have to stay subscribed. I hope it backfires on them in the end.
    It's the reward for continuing to play your character once you've maxed out every other possible method of improving your character. In current WoW there's 0 way to improve your character once you've achieved the highest end game progression.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Some people have opposite viewpoints. I like having BiS, and I like the feeling of accomplishment, that I have the absolute best gear in the game. Having infinite grind diminishes this feeling as I know that I will never have the best item possible, and makes me less likely to bother with it therefore. Gating it behing RNG exacerbates it as it takes away feeling of control and certainty. And having BiS takes months, and only 0.x% of people will ever reach that point anyways - I don't see anything wrong with having a hard cap. So if they are making the new system to cater to this very tiny minority of players who burn through everything very quickly or because of their inability to release content frequently then I would say the system is misguided.

This diablo-esque infinite grind system would surely make things take longer, for sure, but remember that many people will just quit the game instead.
    If people quit the game because there is to much to do than I hope the door doesn't hit them on the ass on the way out. Only a child would for the most part like a game, enjoy its content, and likes to play with their friends but then would throw up there hands and quit because "my weapon will never cap out and can only become more and more powerful by doing just about anything in the game I desire to do". On the other foot if someone doesn't enjoy the game, doesn't enjoy its content, and doesn't have any friends than they are likely going to quit no matter if the weapon can max out or not. Don't get me wrong I like having BiS too. But guess what.. the odds of me getting that mythic, gem slot, warforged staff off the final boss of HFC is pretty damn unlikely. In fact, since we are only raiding for 2-3 more weeks to wrap up the mounts for the guild it is next to impossible. Being the GM I can 100% impossible it because I wouldn't reward it to myself as co-loot master. But I am not going to bitch out because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Thing is the MAAAASIVE costs dont pop up until your trying to get the 0.5% increase, then its alot, and thats fine, for those who play alot, they deserve a small boost, it may eve ntake the whole expansion for somone to get the 20/20 for that, but who cares, it is such a minor increase each point wise that unless you have 2 people, one who has not farmed at all, and one who has been farming for 8 months, their wont be much difference

Golden dragons
    Committed= able to get it done before raid
    Others= Will probebly take a month and a half

Full artifacts
    Committed= able to get it done in maybe 2 months
    Others= maybe about 4 months

5/20 artifact dump
    Committed= 6 months
    others= 8 months

10/20
    10 months
    12 months

15/20
    14 months
    16 months

20/20
    18 months
    24 months

(guesses and more of examples) as it does seem they want us to have a slight progression pat out of leveling, these artifact traits that only give 0.5% per level will be a way to do that, but i doudt any team would require 20/20, they may say "hey work on it abit" but i doudt they would go "oh your only 16/20 yeah fuck off"
    This makes perfect sense and it blows my mind others can't see it. the 20/20 part is there for the dedicated few and something to work on long time. I HIGHLY doubt any balancing is done with the anticipation that everyone will be 20/20. Its just a small bonus to work on after filling out the tree.

I'm sure the catch up mechanic will be fine and offspecs and alts will have no problem getting pretty much even with mains once the first month or so is past. Blizzard never punished those too far behind like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If people quit the game because there is to much to do than I hope the door doesn't hit them on the ass on the way out. Only a child would for the most part like a game, enjoy its content, and likes to play with their friends but then would throw up there hands and quit because "my weapon will never cap out and can only become more and more powerful by doing just about anything in the game I desire to do". On the other foot if someone doesn't enjoy the game, doesn't enjoy its content, and doesn't have any friends than they are likely going to quit no matter if the weapon can max out or not. Don't get me wrong I like having BiS too. But guess what.. the odds of me getting that mythic, gem slot, warforged staff off the final boss of HFC is pretty damn unlikely. In fact, since we are only raiding for 2-3 more weeks to wrap up the mounts for the guild it is next to impossible. Being the GM I can 100% impossible it because I wouldn't reward it to myself as co-loot master. But I am not going to bitch out because of it.
    I see no problem with having a maxed out gear for few months before the next set of gear rolls in. If I reach a spot where I can absolutely no longer can progress I can always play an alt or just smash old content with my uber gear. Having an infinite grind gated behind layers of RNG makes the game feel like unrewarding chore for me, henceforth I do not enjoy diablo and any game resembling it. Making gearing up isn't "more things to do", it is just repeating same content over and over again and at some point people naturally get sick of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I'm a bit concerned by their current AP item model, where a few quests, particularly in Suramar, offer *huge* AP gains, like 300 or even 900, but then once those are done your options are drastically worse. Completing a heroic dungeon awards a paltry 25, and most of the world quests giving 20 or 40, with rare quests only going as high as 80.

It would be nice if those items could randomly upgrade to more powerful versions sometimes.

On a separate topic, it would also be awesome if each AP gain you got also increased the AP on your off-spec items by 30% to 50% of the full amount. Right now it just looks like it's going to be absolutely brutal to level all three specs.