View Poll Results: Legion coming, what spec are you starting with?

Voters
137. This poll is closed
  • Frost

61 44.53%
  • Unholy

76 55.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    the fact that it's dw only is probably the only thing holding you back...which is dumb...it makes more sense to get rid of 2H as the balancing both specs was shit to begin with. Otherwise not much hast actually changed aside from wanting crit.
    I'm currently DW, not why I dislike it they changed quite a bit. For one removing presence shifting, frost just feels clunky right now. Plus the new spells they added just don't work. Unholy feels a bit more smooth but, unholy is definitely missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost unless I give my TG Fury Warrior a last minute reprieve. The last time I played a class with a pet in a raid was in TBC, I have no clue how to Unholy, and I like Frost Scythe too much to pass Frost up. And with Crit not being terrible for Frost, it doesn't suffer from de-syncing with Blood solo stat priority any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Unholy.

I have no interest in Frost or Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I'm currently DW, not why I dislike it they changed quite a bit. For one removing presence shifting, frost just feels clunky right now. Plus the new spells they added just don't work. Unholy feels a bit more smooth but, unholy is definitely missing something.
    The spec is basically the same as live....with the addition of bringing back Obliterate into the rotation....no spec has presence shifting so don't see what the deal is...Frost feel absolutely fine in beta...depending on talents it's basically GCD locked already...

Thus far I have always had the most fun with frost, so primary spec will be frost. The better question then is what to for the 2nd spec/artifact? I plan on making my DH a tank since I assume Havok DH's will be everywhere and thus since I will be tanking on one character, does it make sense to tank on my dk as well? Unholy looks solid so no complaints there, but I wonder how the feel and style of a blood dk is, at least in comparison to a dh tank?

The spec is basically the same as live....with the addition of bringing back Obliterate into the rotation....no spec has presence shifting so don't see what the deal is...Frost feel absolutely fine in beta...depending on talents it's basically GCD locked already...
    Spec is not the same, base stayed the same for the most part we have remorseless winter now. Also the talents got changed a lot. Pretty excited to see the final version of it.

Deleted
    If
    you're raiding mythic the legendaries won't matter. They will be fun for parsing reasons in heroic but they won;t be usable in Mythic to start IIRC.
    Based on the last interview they're ditching that idea and having 1 usable baseline, even in mythic, with 2 usable with order hall research. Not sure how i feel about it to be honest, more worried about the fact they have no plans to make any changes to the legendary ring at 110.

Shim's been frost and will continue to be so.

Stopped raiding with my DK anyway. My hunter's where it's at now.

Really loving how UH feels and plays right now on Beta, haven't really tested Frost out more than one dungeon with 750 (lowest ilvl) weapons, and no Artifact Powers. The spec was ok, but didn't really feel that different to what it is now, but again - only tested on run, with no idea what talents etc to pick.. There is for sure something that looks fun there as well.

But yeah, the poll seems to be closed, but my vote goes for UH.

- - - Updated - - -

Also pulling rather nice numbers as UH, both ST and AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I will probably invest all my artifact power into the unholy weapon to start...since unholy has naturally been the better spec for the last two and a half expansions. I will then upgrade the frost one as I see fit in case it's actually stronger

- - - Updated - - -

If you're raiding mythic the legendaries won't matter. They will be fun for parsing reasons in heroic but they won;t be usable in Mythic to start IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -
    Legendary items will be enabled at all times in raids and Mythic dungeons. The team wants you to be able to use the gear you get. Taken from 1 of the interviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I want to play Frost because the kid inside me who used to play WCII after school thinks getting to play as Arthas is too cool but I get that feeling unholy's going to win out again.
    Might go frost first tier then unholy when frost is inevitably scaled out.
    Warcraft III u mean, Arthas wasnt in WCII.

thats some serious damage from the archer...
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

I'm leaning more towards Unholy at the moment. I like the theme and as others have said.. Frost feels somewhat clunky right now. I wish they would have left all DK's at 2H

I will probably invest all my artifact power into the unholy weapon to start...since unholy has naturally been the better spec for the last two and a half expansions. I will then upgrade the frost one as I see fit in case it's actually stronger

- - - Updated - - -

If you're raiding mythic the legendaries won't matter. They will be fun for parsing reasons in heroic but they won;t be usable in Mythic to start IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

When was frost a better spec in WoD outside of the first few days of 6.2? Also...in 3.3.3 after the frost buffs they were very comparable in damage. All three specs were actually really well balanced. The only reason why frost wasn't as high as unholy/blood in dps was due to Shadowmourne.
    They reverted that. Legendaries will be usable in all raids.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Favella View Post
    From where you got this information ?

from beta testing.

I'm going Unholy at the start but based on my testing of Frost (started out leveling it Cus the Unholy artifact quest was bugged when I started), but I wouldn't mind going Frost as I have been having a lot of fun with it

I miss so much the days of Blood ArP DPS
    I'll be playing Unholy main and Blood for soloing old content.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I miss so much the days of Blood ArP DPS
    I'll be playing Unholy main and Blood for soloing old content.
    Same man, i fucking loved blood dps, frost and unholy are trash