7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    aparantly not. From what his wife says he was not particulary religious, and his father is saying it was pure homophobia....
    It's no coincidence that he pledged allegiance to the Islamic State.

aparantly not. From what his wife says he was not particulary religious, and his father is saying it was pure homophobia....
    Which would have spouted from religion in some way, no matter where it came from, even if they say it isn't the seeds were planted somewhere somehow by religion. People need to stop defending religion, it is the only thing that could have twisted a person like that. If he thinks homosexuality is wrong it comes from religious roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    “He was the most quiet guy; he never talked to anyone,”
    As someone with problems socializing, this pisses me off. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furyfire View Post
    Obama is a disgrace.
    What did he do now?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    This is a terrible tragedy.. I really feel it for the men who lost their lives. No use praying for their souls, but I do pray their families comforted and the killer brought to justice.
    Oh shut the fuck up.

You people, you just HAD to lump in your religious disapproval into a thread dedicated to the largest mass shooting in US history. Nobody cares who you approve or disapprove of. This is not the appropriate place to whine about it, at all.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furyfire View Post
    Obama is a disgrace.
    Yeah, it's totally his fault. Thanks Obama
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Which would have spouted from religion in some way, no matter where it came from, even if they say it isn't the seeds were planted somewhere somehow by religion. People need to stop defending religion, it is the only thing that could have twisted a person like that. If he thinks homosexuality is wrong it comes from religious roots.
    I'm atheist, I really dislike religion, but if you think people cant be irrational, hatefilled, insane, and bigoted without religion, you are sadly mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's no coincidence that he pledged allegiance to the Islamic State.
    so? does not mean he has any connections...

I can go out and kill people and claim I am christian....should we then demonise all Christians for it. How about I go out and kill people and claim its in America's name....demonise all Americans.....

This man was clearly insane.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No group is oppressed in the US 21st century.
    That is such B.S. I'm just going to chalk it up to trolling.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This is just an anti-LGBT thing, whether it was motivated by Islam or not.
    He chose to shoot up a gay bar. After getting mad about gay people. It was explicitly an attack on LGBT people and nobody else.

Whether he was killing gays in the name of Islam or just in the name of himself, it was still an anti-gay hate crime. It was not an attack on straight americans, he specifically went to a place where he would only find gay people.
    You have seen the posts from the guy I was responding to, right?

This guy targeted gays specifically - did I say otherwise?

My point was that he wasn't reflecting some nebulous "Southern/conservative/Trump supporter view" of not wanting transgender people to use the restroom they identify with. It's safe to say he wasn't a Trump supporter, don't you think?

So you can call this an anti-gay hate crime.
    AND/OR
    You can call this radical Islam.

...but you can't call this Trumpism, conservatism, Southern values, American values, Christian extremism, right-wing extremism, or Republican rhetoric made concrete reality.

The man wasn't a Trump supporter, doesn't seem to have been conservative, was Islamic not Christian, was left-wing/Democrat (registered Democrat) not right-wing/Republican, and unless someone's seem some pictures of him with a Conservative flag or at KKK rallies, it's pretty obvious he isn't a "Southerner" or white supremacist or KKK member.

The guy I was responding to wasn't saying this was anti-gay and me saying it wasn't.

He was saying this was run of the mill, normal American/conservative/Republican/Trump/Christian/Southern/<insert whatever other group he hates>, entirely normal, regular, every day points of view that encouraged and supported him. As if Trump and Cruz would have gleefully joined hands with their KKK supporters in "the South" and shot the place up themselves if this guy wouldn't have beaten them to it.

THAT was what I was responding to.

I'm atheist, I really dislike religion, but if you think people cant be irrational, hatefilled, insane, and bigoted without religion, you are sadly mistaken.
    I know they can, but not to that extent. It could be severe personality disorder, but religion tends to allow people to do things without guilt.

Total bullshit, it's not always religion, that makes people homophobic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, it's totally his fault. Thanks Obama
    I heard the gun used was from fast and furious. Obama did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wthrmn View Post
    You pick the outsiders of the country. Those are who you base the entire "Conservative" portion on? So can we say that all "Liberals" want cradle to the grave governmental assistance?

Radical Muslims are the majority. Even today, a radical Imam came out saying " Gays must be killed out of compassion." The fuck kind of logic is that?
    Are you talking about the radical Iman at that Orlando Mosque who said that gays must be killed out of compassion, shortly before The shootings?

or is this yet another Iman?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    That is such B.S. I'm just going to chalk it up to trolling.
    Our entire system explicitly doesn't allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    The shooter's apartment building is a 10-15 minute walk from where I live (Fort Pierce). If I'm not mistaken they're still waiting to get in. Helicopters over the house all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No. I think ISIS just took the opportunity to say it was them. Omar Mateen was a home-grown asshole, but I don't know how much influence ISIS really had over him. I think it's more likely he was inspired by them, but didn't receive instruction or training from them.
    This is ISIS favorite kind of "recruit" inspired through social media. Doesn't require placement is foreign lands they are born here. Self radicalized. Although I did read he supposedly had taken a religious pilgrimage to Saudia Arabia recently, so who knows what happened then.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You give religion too much credit. There are for more things than religion that could "twist" a person.

In this case, it probably was his religion and Islamic extremism, you may be correct. But I contest your idea that ONLY religion can do this. There are far worse things than religion that twist the minds of mortals, and that twist them far more. Religion is simply more generic and widespread.

This topic is quite sad really. Being apart of the LGBT community myself I heard this news relatively early on.
    I think it was kind of ridiculous how the media and attention were posting where some people were hiding in the club. Like one popular Drag Queen, Roxxxy Andrews, her drag child, Axel Andrews was hiding in an AC unit.

They also had some drag queens performing that night, namely Kenya Michaels. Who is relatively popular in the LGBT drag community.

It's just really really sad. All those lives lost for some selfish persons hatred.

What did Americans expect was going to happen when you have a guy like Trump on the national stage telling people to hate transgenders and gays (because they want to sneak into bathrooms and rape kids)?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    What did Americans expect was going to happen when you have a guy like Trump on the national stage telling people to hate transgenders and gays (because they want to sneak into bathrooms and rape kids)?
    Thanks Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmids View Post
    Wow, those are some scary quotes, is that what the 1. am. is about? Bet all those are Trump voters :-(
    I'm gay and I'd vote Trump if only to shut Hillary. I'm a Bernie supporter, but I'll take Trump over Hillary any day. And obviously, I'm sure you can see where you logic is flawed. These people are bigot, plain and simple. There are left-wing bigots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    This topic is quite sad really. Being apart of the LGBT community myself I heard this news relatively early on.
    I think it was kind of ridiculous how the media and attention were posting where some people were hiding in the club. Like one popular Drag Queen, Roxxxy Andrews, her drag child, Axel Andrews was hiding in an AC unit.

They also had some drag queens performing that night, namely Kenya Michaels. Who is relatively popular in the LGBT drag community.

It's just really really sad. All those lives lost for some selfish persons hatred.
    I'll never understand how we can let these people get where they are. His father had a very strong historic with terrorist groups and an open supporter of Taliban. Not only that, but the killer had been interviewed twice by the FBI. Yet this happened.

It's an absolutely disgusting act.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..