Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    What did Americans expect was going to happen when you have a guy like Trump on the national stage telling people to hate transgenders and gays (because they want to sneak into bathrooms and rape kids)?
    People like Trump probably exist because of people like you. In a sort of ironic twist really.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What did Americans expect was going to happen when you have a guy like Trump on the national stage telling people to hate transgenders and gays (because they want to sneak into bathrooms and rape kids)?
    Yes yes, tell us how a self-radicalized Islamic terrorist son of immigrants from Afghanistan registered as a Democrat and by accounts from his friends/family was unstable...

...was listening to Trump and, further, was encouraged to kill gays and transgenders when Trump went on a national stage and said "bathroom use should be a states rights issue, not the federal government, but I don't have a problem with transgender people"?

I mean, really?
    Politically, ideologically, this guy is like the exact opposite of Trump.

Funny, normally people talk about how Trump only appeals to white racists and hates Muslims, yet here we have a Muslim Democrat somehow...listening to Trump speeches...? o.O

Really...?

Look at all the people here twisting this into an anti-gun message and even a anti LGBT-opponent message. Here's the thing; neither of these groups condones what happened. Second amendment supporters don't support murder, and those who think we should have gender separate restrooms don't think that LGBT people should be murdered. Radical Islam though, which was what the gunner himself claimed he supported, does deliberately target LGBT people for death.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'll never understand how we can let these people get where they are. His father had a very strong historic with terrorist groups and an open supporter of Taliban. Not only that, but the killer had been interviewed twice by the FBI. Yet this happened.

It's an absolutely disgusting act.
    Did you see what his father said? The reason why his son did this.

"He saw two men kissing in miami", like how does that even infuriate somebody? I mean, any kind of public affection makes anybody uncomfortable but.. I can't even deal with this horsef--kery. I can't wrap my head around this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Did you see what his father said? The reason why his son did this.

"He saw two men kissing in miami", like how does that even infuriate somebody? I mean, any kind of public affection makes anybody uncomfortable but.. I can't even deal with this horsef--kery. I can't wrap my head around this whole thing.
    It's the same reason some followers of Islam become infuriated by women wearing clothing that reveals more than their eyes.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I applaud those 600+ members of the Orlando community and beyond for going to donate blood today to help the victims and potential future victims of other crimes and/or accidents.
    They were queuing all way down the street. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post

...was listening to Trump and, further, was encouraged to kill gays and transgenders when Trump went on a national stage
    So you don't think it's more than a coincidence that during a time when Republicans are fanning hate against transgenders, this guy goes out and shoots up a LGBT bar?

So you don't think it's more than a coincidence that during a time when Republicans are fanning hate against transgenders, this guy goes out and shoots up a LGBT bar?
    Are you suggesting that this guy who claimed to support ISIS shot a bunch of LGBT people because Donald Trump and other anti-radical Islam conservatives don't want men in women's restrooms?

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no evidence of that making sense or mattering. There is evidence of the Islamic State having some type of influence on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Are you suggesting that this guy who claimed to support ISIS shot a bunch of LGBT people because Donald Trump and other anti-radical Islam conservatives don't want men in women's restrooms?
    Today was a day of mourning. Tomorrow will be a day of finger pointing and tentative to further groups' agendas. I'm not sure which one disgust me the most yet.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Trump hasn't said a single thing opposing transgender or gay rights. Stop making shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Today was a day of mourning. Tomorrow will be a day of finger pointing and tentative to further groups' agendas. I'm not sure which one disgust me the most yet.
    It wont further anyone's agenda if everyone admits that radical Islam needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It's the same reason some followers of Islam become infuriated by women wearing clothing that reveals more than their eyes.
    That's true but this wasn't exactly a religious act or cultural act, even if he was devoted to the islamic. His family said he wasn't a very religious person and being in the US, he's probably seen his fair share of homosexuals and women who were scantily clad. He was just a very hateful person yet there's more to it. I don't want to have to blame his culture or religion or compare it.
    A lot of US citizens don't believe same sex things are right but none of them are going up shooting people.

It's psychotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Trump hasn't said a single thing opposing transgender or gay rights. Stop making shit up.
    he supports numerous groups, directly and indirectly who campaign against LGBT rights, quite strenuously.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    what i meant to say is, why dont we profile Muslims that try to purchase Ak-47s? i know that sounds racist but my question to you is, what does a Muslim need with an assault rifle? anyway, from my understanding its clear the FBI screwed up here, they had this guy on a watch list since 2013 yet couldnt do anything when he bought a few automatic guns?i get that hes a security guard but when does a security guard need a assault rifle? especially one on a terrorist watch list
    What does ANYONE need with an Ak-47? Nobody needs one. The only reason you'd have one is to commit mass murder or because you like to collect them, neither are a need. If I'm not mistaken, they're overkill for hunting most things, so there's not even that need. If you want to put Muslims on a list because "why do they need it", put EVERYONE on said list because no one needs them.

Was passing by someone watching the news a bit ago, he was on a watch list for "inflammatory comments following the Boston Massacre".. if that's the bar, let's hope no one can be associated with shit they say online, because there's all sorts of rights going to be taken away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    he supports numerous groups, directly and indirectly who campaign against LGBT rights, quite strenuously.

Do you know they can use any of his bathrooms in his buildings?, transgender that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Democrats support muslims, so I guess they want all jews and gays dead as well ?

Back to reality, Trump doesnt actually have a "stance" on LGBT, last time I heard him talk on the subject he said "It's up to the states"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It wont further anyone's agenda if everyone admits that radical Islam needs to be addressed.
    Radicalism - point - needs to be addressed. In all shades, form, shapes and color.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but some might find this interesting:

'Death is the sentence for homosexuals. Let's get rid of them now.' Orlando mosque preacher a couple of months back
    End me right now then if that's the case?
    What a nutjob. It's quite creepy how soft and calm he is when he says that kinda stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I'm talking about semi automatic guns, assault rifles, anything that can kill a mass of people quickly. Handguns will kill, but are less dangerous compared to the guns mentioned earlier
    You know these "automatic guns" (in relation to your definition) and "assault rifles" are exactly the same as handguns, right? One squeeze, one bullet.