Why didn't any of the gays put up a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know these "automatic guns" (in relation to your definition) and "assault rifles" are exactly the same as handguns, right? One squeeze, one bullet.
    Look... if they knew fuck-all about firearms, they probably wouldn't be anti-gun wingnuts in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know these "automatic guns" (in relation to your definition) and "assault rifles" are exactly the same as handguns, right? One squeeze, one bullet.
    Trust me, I've tried to express this several times in this thread and it just gets washed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    That's true but this wasn't exactly a religious act or cultural act, even if he was devoted to the islamic. His family said he wasn't a very religious person and being in the US, he's probably seen his fair share of homosexuals and women who were scantily clad. He was just a very hateful person yet there's more to it. I don't want to have to blame his culture or religion or compare it.
    A lot of US citizens don't believe same sex things are right but none of them are going up shooting people.

It's psychotic.
    You do know that this sort of thing happens commonplace in multiple middle eastern nations, where gays are killed because they are gay by radical Islam, right? This is exactly the kind of thing that ISIS stands for, and the fact that the shooter claimed his allegiance to ISIS should be telling enough. Granted, we can't just take everyone's word of 'allegiance' because sometimes people really are just mad and try to dirty the name of certain groups by doing terrible things in their name, though the group itself would never condone such a thing. That isn't the case here however. This is exactly the kind of thing that radical Islam does.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    What did Americans expect was going to happen when you have a guy like Trump on the national stage telling people to hate transgenders and gays (because they want to sneak into bathrooms and rape kids)?
    The shooter was a registered democrat, so more likely, he was influenced by Obama and Killary.

I truely wish people would not twist this into arguments for this party or another party. I live in Orlando and lost a good friend today and have another that is in critical condition. Cant we drop the arguments and have a moment for those lost today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I heard the gun used was from fast and furious. Obama did this.
    Really? I suspected as much.

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Guys, so if you identify a problem and seek to address said problem so you, your family and country are safe, you will be told you have hatred towards others by progressive liberals.

Please, Please, Please, keep posting Celista. It is only driving more people to vote for Trump when they read your posts.
    When you blame most of the US's violence on Islam it is ill-informed at best and at worst closed-minded and hateful. Enjoy your vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's only terrorism if a muslim does it. Anyone else doing such a thing just has a psychiatric illness.
    The action itself isn't what makes something either an act of terror or an act of insanity, it is the details surrounding what actually happened. Officials know that this was pre-meditated and that the shooter was prepared, and that he was motivated against LGBT people in specific and pledged allegiance to the radical Islam group ISIS. That isn't the same thing as going into a mall and shooting people after getting laid off from work.

What happened was terrible, and whether or not you want to call it a 'terror attack' (which it was one) we do know that it was a result of Islamic radicalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    When you blame most of the US's violence on Islam it is ill-informed at best and at worst closed-minded and hateful. Enjoy your vacation
    No, most of the US's violence isn't a result of radical Islam, but the #1 terror group in the entire world right now is far and away Islam by a very large margin. Of course, this isn't about violence as it is and has been, its about avoiding violence that could be. This shooting is a result of an ideology, which is radical Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavor View Post
    I truely wish people would not twist this into arguments for this party or another party. I live in Orlando and lost a good friend today and have another that is in critical condition. Cant we drop the arguments and have a moment for those lost today...
    It is a terrible thing that happened, and many have mourned already a great deal. But did you really come to these forums expecting to see a thread full of mourning and not hot debate?
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-13 at 02:02 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Flavor View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss, and offer my sincerest hopes for the speedy recovery of your friend in critical condition.

However as this is a forum for debating current events, and the related issues, if I was directly effected by this event, I probably would seek a more comforting site to visit, at least for the time being.

Best wishes.

It's only terrorism if a muslim does it. Anyone else doing such a thing just has a psychiatric illness.
    Are you trying to make a joke?

Obama's democrat party has failed everyone on the war against Islamic terror because every time there's an attack, his supporters start railing about how bad the republicans are. That's why we need to get the democratic party out of there to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Obama's democrat party has failed everyone on the war against Islamic terror because every time there's an attack, his supporters start railing about how bad the republicans are. That's why we need to get the democratic party out of there to fix this.
    This is absolutely nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. It's stupid as hell and telling of the vast majority of people in this thread that they would devolve this massacre into a debate.

This IS an indication of ISIS influence in America. We need to be vigilant because this is super scary how it's making it's way across the ocean. This IS NOT a reflection of Islam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Are you trying to make a joke?
    No. But I realize it's way out of context especially the given circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

This IS an indication of ISIS influence in America. We need to be vigilant because this is super scary how it's making it's way across the ocean. This IS NOT a reflection of Islam.
    But ISIS IS a reflection of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Trust me, I've tried to express this several times in this thread and it just gets washed away.
    It is because they have absolutely no idea that all the term "semi automatic" means, is that as one bullet is fired, another is automatically loaded in the chamber, as opposed to having to reload manually, after every shot.

They actually falsely believe that "semi automatic" means you can just put your gun on full auto, and bullets will come pouring out, without having to pull the trigger, inbetween every bullet, each and every time.

They also don't actually read any of the posts in which this has been explained to them, over and over, again and again, and they never will because they are not capable of understanding anything that doesn't fit their narrative of what they want to believe.

Oh come on people, NO ONE just go inside a gay bar and shoot people if not for some stupid ideology. He hated gays, he shot and killed gays, PERIOD. You have to be unbelievably naive to think he went in there only due to some psychotic urge.. and the fact it was full of homossexuals was all some sort of coincidence.

Something can't be more full of idiotic ideologies than this.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    But ISIS IS a reflection of Islam.
    ISIS is a reflection of Islam the same way the KKK is a reflection of Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    ISIS is a reflection of Islam the same way the KKK is a reflection of Christianity.
    Well that's actually true ina lot of ways. Mostly Bad ways.

Mmmmm-muh tolerance.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-13 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    That statement has no basis in reality. Where in the Bible does it say that Christians should hate black people?