Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Give that post another look
    Out of raids is also

In Dungeons, while doing world quests, while leveling... all of these fall under "out of raids". Hence why I specified that as long as he is doing some sort of content, he shouldn't. I don't view "running around in town" as content but I could have possibly worded that better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on... Don't try argue the semantics. It's was pretty obvious from context that they meant while not doing anything combat related. Clearly this person isn't going to level, join a dungeon, or do world quests without the weapon equipped.

Deleted
    The flame orbs would be awesome to have for out of combat duties if they act like cooking fires.

Anyone do math/paths on the direction we should be using AP on our weapon assuming you do it the most efficient way by leveling a 2nd weapon at the same time? (For instance, the 19th point in the artifact weapon costs the same as putting 11 points in an off spec weapon)

Would be useful since assuming there are some fights you want to switch specs for, that would be the way to do it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Anyone do math/paths on the direction we should be using AP on our weapon assuming you do it the most efficient way by leveling a 2nd weapon at the same time? (For instance, the 19th point in the artifact weapon costs the same as putting 11 points in an off spec weapon)

Would be useful since assuming there are some fights you want to switch specs for, that would be the way to do it)
    The first 19 levels in Felo'melorn atm seems kinda straight forward to me.

Going ASAP for Pheonix Reborn through the Fireball and Dragons Breath talent and then go for Cauterizing Blink, Pyro damage and Fireball casttime into Pyretic Incantation. After that you'll probably go up to the last big trait but you might want to snag some of the aoe talents. Or you could probably go for 11 point in the Arcane weapon at that point if you expect to play both.

Still wishing that the final big trait will get changed since 2 talents that just increase IB damage is silly...
    Last edited by mmoc587a92a9e4; 2016-06-12 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Welps that's the mistakes you make when theorycrafting in the mdidle of the night...

Ignite ticks don't scale with haste.

Deleted
    They appear based on your Phoenixbolt charges, so chances are you often won't see all of them at once unless wandering around town.
    They could appear when entering combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    The flame orbs would be awesome to have for out of combat duties if they act like cooking fires.
    Fire mages should always need no fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Come on... Don't try argue the semantics. It's was pretty obvious from context that they meant while not doing anything combat related. Clearly this person isn't going to level, join a dungeon, or do world quests without the weapon equipped.
    If he wanted to know if he can unequip it in town he could have asked just that. I have merely answered his question the way he asked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    They could appear when entering combat.
    I disagree. I like to have them around even when doing nothing. I understand the wish of other players to be able to hide them, but there are also people like me who like them the way they are.

I don't hate them. I just wish they didnt look like tennis balls that caught on fire.
    Does anyone remember our old flame orb spell?

Mini version of that would be better imo

Those really would not look good shrunk to that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

Cauterizing blink up to pyretic incantation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by encaitor View Post
    The first 19 levels in Felo'melorn atm seems kinda straight forward to me.

Going ASAP for Pheonix Reborn through the Fireball and Dragons Breath talent and then go for Cauterizing Blink, Pyro damage and Fireball casttime into Pyretic Incantation. After that you'll probably go up to the last big trait but you might want to snag some of the aoe talents. Or you could probably go for 11 point in the Arcane weapon at that point if you expect to play both.

Still wishing that the final big trait will get changed since 2 talents that just increase IB damage is silly...
    The path from Cauterizing blink to pyretic incantation are more beneficial than the path to Phoenix Reborn.

Those really would not look good shrunk to that size.
    How would it look any different?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    How would it look any different?
    It would be smaller, squeezing the minimal animation into less visible area. It would pretty much just look like a red fog ball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Ignite ticks don't scale with haste.
    They kinda do, because more haste is more spells to generate bigger ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    They kinda do, because more haste is more spells to generate bigger ignite.
    What you are saying, while not being untrue, is unprecise. "Scaling" refers to a stat directly impacting how much damage or how many ticks you can get via every single application of an effect.

Therefore, Ignite does not scale with Haste since a 100k ignite generated by a hit with 20% haste does exactly the same damage as a 100k generated by a hit done with 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    What you are saying, while not being untrue, is unprecise. "Scaling" refers to a stat directly impacting how much damage or how many ticks you can get via every single application of an effect.

Therefore, Ignite does not scale with Haste since a 100k ignite generated by a hit with 20% haste does exactly the same damage as a 100k generated by a hit done with 30%.
    But you get more fireballs/Pyroblasts generating more ignite damage. So it scales with haste, it just doesn't double dip into haste, which is a good thing. If it didn't scale with haste you kinda get the previous ignite which munched up to 30% of the damage as it didn't add every damage to the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    But you get more fireballs/Pyroblasts generating more ignite damage. So it scales with haste, it just doesn't double dip into haste, which is a good thing. If it didn't scale with haste you kinda get the previous ignite which munched up to 30% of the damage as it didn't add every damage to the counter.
    Legion ignite is very similar to Warlords ignite, save the way it spreads and the duration over 9 sec rather than 5.
    So https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=4&t=1516 should still be relevant.
    Not saying who is right or wrong, but the AT link is correct

Todays beta build. YAY Living bomb is now a 4 sec duration.....oh but the spell power... oh man.

Fireball Pyroblast and Inferno blast get yet another spell power increase, The core rotation is certainly going to be strong but I fear at this rate talents that to offer something outside of the core rotation will suffer.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2016-06-15 at 12:23 AM.

Well you were saying Living Bomb took too long to spread... now the fuse timer more closely resembles the one from HotS :P

I feel like im going to end up hard casting Pyroblast at this rate. (maybe im overreacting)

Once you get 50%+ crit (easy with a few mythic dungeon pieces) fire was already quite strong. Pretty sure with these latest changes we are squarely in OP teritorry now. I expect a few downward adjustments before release -_-