Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Gotta love how in WoD, they made a big deal about saying "we want you to play alts because you like that class, not to serve your main" and now they're saying you need alts to collect all these battle pets. Those don't quite gel together. Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    He wont at launch no...read abit better.
    Maybe you should learn to read. The post was edited to say at release after these comments. You'd know that if you were to read the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    The art team does deserve a raise, yes. Because they always do an A+ job when it comes to the aesthetics of the game.
    They were not responsible for the content of the expansion. The content designers should have their salary cut and given to the art team.

They probably weren't present for WoD and have instead been working on Legion.
    From what I've been seeing on the Alpha/Beta. Legion will be packed with content.
    If that were true then Legion would have more dungeons and raids and content than any other expansion. It doesn't. It's actually one of the lowest. This "biggest team ever" is a lie or filled with incompetent fucks that can't produce as much as the wrath team did. And that team according to them had 1/5th the people.

Never get tired of seeing the excuses from Blizzard.

The development team has grown, but the larger team was able to produce more content rather than produce content faster.
    As seen by the huge amounts of content in WoD.

Kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    I'm just unsure where Deadspin gets their 500 million from. I've never heard of a move before spending more than twice their budget on marketing - and frankly, in MA at least - this really doesn't seem overmarketed!
    Sigh...It was told around 1 billion times, here the +1: The reason why movie gross split into 2 parts (domestic and worldwide) because the first what is matter..from the second, the studio might see 30% if he is lucky..So if the movie cost $160 and 30% what from internationally coming back..roughly $480 million from international gross to reach the $160 as income...Almost $500 million...Right now the Warcraft movie is not even close to be profitable (however, I think 95% chance for 2. and 3. part..Movie about the Green Jesus?..Metzen himself should pay for them if no one else want to...)

And who, might I ask, was the one who freed Garrosh from prison in the first place? Wrathion.

So you should know your lore and learn some grammar while you're at it.
    Wasn't it Kairoz, that helped him go back in time? The one you killed in the Legendary Questline?

And why does everyone cry for content as if they need to provide you with 10+h/d for years because you paid em a few bucks? There was a lot to do for someone who plays around 10-20 hours a week. The leveling was really cool. The dungeons were great. I mean yeah wrath had a lot of content, but also a lot of that content was bad or boring, but noone wants to see that. I also had the most fun in BC and Wrath, not because it was better, but because it was still pretty new to me. For me WoD had 2 major issues: the garrison and needing lfr for gear progression while it should be optional so that everyone can see their raid content, but don't have to do it.
    Still I enjoyed WoD a lot. Yeah it got boring and I stopped a year ago to start again in august, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it too. Just don't go for the game with the expectation, that they provide as much content as you need to satisfy 10 hour sessions of gaming everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Losullus View Post
    Wasn't it Kairoz, that helped him go back in time? The one you killed in the Legendary Questline?
    Wrathion was in league with Kairoz.

(Copied from Wrathion's entry on WoWpedia).
    "Wrathion, alongside his bodyguards, Right and Left, attended the trial of Garrosh Hellscream, frequently corresponding with Anduin Wrynn during intermissions. He came to acknowledge the prince of Stormwind as a personal friend, though told him that his kind heart and desire to see good in the world would be his undoing. He sat as far from Alexstrasza as he could.

Eventually, Wrathion revealed himself to be working with Kairozdormu and the Infinite dragonflight to free Garrosh and send him back in time to the Draenor of thirty-five years ago. After incapacitating the Chu brothers so he could lock up Chromie for investigating Kairoz, Wrathion was confronted by Anduin, who attempted to deter his friend from freeing the captured warchief. Proclaiming that as the last of the Black Dragonflight, the protection of Azeroth now falls to him, Wrathion knocked Anduin out and took his leave. Despite his actions, Wrathion believed this would be best for Azeroth in the coming conflict with the Legion, and maintained hope that Anduin would eventually understand his motives and even stand with him as a brother when the time comes."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Never get tired of seeing the excuses from Blizzard.
    Well I'm certainly tired of seeing whiners find any miniscule excuse to complain.
    Go play a different game if you're so sick of Blizzard. Or better yet, get a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neta View Post
    Concerns me there's a few months of content, then you get to hit the same things with your new fancy animations, for 14 months.

Still, gotta remain positive eh?
    Melee definitely needed the new animations though. They've had the same boring attack animations since Vanilla.

Wrathion isn't in Legion? What a disappointment. I figured he would end up being the bad guy. Really never trusted him, he seemed to be playing a duplicitous game. I was looking forward to his reveal as to whether he is bad as I think or surprises me by being on the good side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would it need to make 500 mil to break even?

Its already made back its budget and has turned into a profit at 301+ mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ship Expansion
    The team has talked about doing a ship-oriented expansion internally several times.
    You could get a boat, upgrade it, sail around to places.
    Does Blizzard never learn from their mistakes? Can they truly be this stupid? Having everyone sailing around on their own boats... that's JUST LIKE GARRISONS. It has the exact same effect of segregating players into their own little bubbles!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Why the hell would it need to make 500 mil to break even?

Its already made back its budget and has turned into a profit at 301+ mil.
    What's it like living in a make believe land where marketing is free? How do they choose what commercials to air on the super bowl? I bet they do something like cotton candy gets thrown up in the air and the companies that catch the most get the slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Does Blizzard never learn from their mistakes? Can they truly be this stupid? Having everyone sailing around on their own boats... that's JUST LIKE GARRISONS. It has the exact same effect of segregating players into their own little bubbles!
    Guild ships would be cool.

I'm surprised more people haven't objected to this:
    The lack of content in Warlords was in part due to the team thinking that Legion would be ready sooner.
    So, you charged customers $10 more for an expansion that you knew didn't have as much content because you were relying on another expansion that you hoped would be ready sooner so you could charge your customers again?

Quote Originally Posted by Neta View Post
    Always said WoD content suffered due to the amount of time it probably took to perfect the characters, and now ...

Concerns me there's a few months of content, then you get to hit the same things with your new fancy animations, for 14 months.

Still, gotta remain positive eh?
    Not only are they dealing with a new class with all the animations and spells, they have to deal with ALL the other 11 classes plus all the characters,NPCS and even monsters in the past 6 expansions in 10 years worth of game + they are updating the gear again, The expansion is just gonna be as big as WOD probably even smaller move the third tier raid to the next expansion they will say, or probably Raid tier 2 is a onyxia type battle!!

I bet they are miles behind bro. They need to shut down expansions not relevant to the storyline and remove dungeons and raids to that does likewise, not even 235 team members we be able to handle this as content doesn't grow linearly they grow exponentially cause your definitely gonna miss a few characters that are game breaking.

Why not make the old legacy raid as a bonus with a Legendary cosmetic that can be applied to all weapons like Rags hammer or Nef's sword or something along those lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't objected to this:

So, you charged customers $10 more for an expansion that you knew didn't have as much content because you were relying on another expansion that you hoped would be ready sooner so you could charge your customers again?
    Nah it's more like Blizzard doesn't know what the fuck they are doing and think the Diablo III team can handle the game which is 10 times the size of Diablo III.

I wish they just made these things account-wide and see our ships etc, it isn't segregating players in little bubbles it's more like here is a loot treasure chest spend 2 hours across 7 characters to claim it. They can give us something they can give us a place to log out but don't give us everything. Having the same 25 followers doing the same 500 gold missions and then have to put in a 2 million dollar mount as an award is not the way to go. WE just don't need to leave our garrisons cause they give everything bar the 30 minute venture to Nagrand to loot hides and pelts.

A completed garrison event would be seeing your alts in there and the followers are account-wide or server wide only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Maybe you should learn to read. The post was edited to say at release after these comments. You'd know that if you were to read the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

If that were true then Legion would have more dungeons and raids and content than any other expansion. It doesn't. It's actually one of the lowest. This "biggest team ever" is a lie or filled with incompetent fucks that can't produce as much as the wrath team did. And that team according to them had 1/5th the people.
    Not only doesn't it have more raids and dungeons, it has the least amount of zones of any expansion, unless you include the DH starting zone, than fine, it's tied with the least amount of zones ever. No new BG's, a whopping 1 new arena.

However what you are 100% completely and undeniably wrong on is incompetency. They are not incompetent. 100% definitely have the ability to make more content, or same content much faster. The problem, is they spend a good chunk of their times PLAYING other video games, instead of making this one.

...Sailing expansion? No thanks.

"The lack of content in Warlords was in part due to the team thinking that Legion would be ready sooner" - Wtf? How does that even add up? Why did they make WoD then?

Deleted
    145Million in China and 25 million in USA .Soon breaking news from blizzard "we are moving to China " .
    Cheap labor and alot more loyal fans then in the U.S . ;-)
    Especially now that they figured out you can produce more with more people .
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2016-06-12 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    What's it like living in a make believe land where marketing is free? How do they choose what commercials to air on the super bowl? I bet they do something like cotton candy gets thrown up in the air and the companies that catch the most get the slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Guild ships would be cool.
    All I say to a ship expansion is this. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    287 million so far. definitely not a flop.
    He quoted the first weekend you potato.

- - - Updated - - -

500 Million to break even? Hah what a joke. They used random actors, probably paid them like 500$ each , no way the whole movie cost 500 million

Quote Originally Posted by Click911 View Post
    500 Million to break even? Hah what a joke. They used random actors, probably paid them like 500$ each , no way the whole movie cost 500 million
    Just because you don't read about them in your tabloids doesn't mean they're random actors.

15+ Year Old Account
    And who, might I ask, was the one who freed Garrosh from prison in the first place? Wrathion.

So you should know your lore and learn some grammar while you're at it.
    Well this is new, according to the gameplay storyline it was just kairoz. All Wrath wanted was a dead Garrosh, he even flips out in rage at the end of legendary cloak quest line for not killing Garrosh. Its even worse that we have to read a novel to know the real story..

That aint no grammar mistake, just a typo. Relax.