Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Cosmetics matter more than content and gameplay. Your avatar is a representation of you in game. Trust me, if transmog wasn't a thing, and you were told how to look and couldn't change anything and were locked to one weapon people would be plenty more upset over that.
    Tell that to the druids, and the 2h frost dks, or the survival hunters, or the 2h enhance shaman.
    I get what you're saying, but don't think that your spec is being singled out under the "gameplay first" paradigm. As for my context, I don't see this as a transmog issue at all. It's the removal of a sub spec.

Who cares, SMF sucks and looks ass in comparison to TG.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTang View Post
    Who cares, SMF sucks and looks ass in comparison to TG.
    Who cares, TG sucks and looks ass in comparison to SMF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Tell that to the druids, and the 2h frost dks, or the survival hunters, or the 2h enhance shaman.
    I get what you're saying, but don't think that your spec is being singled out under the "gameplay first" paradigm. As for my context, I don't see this as a transmog issue at all. It's the removal of a sub spec.
    Druids have been bitching about cosmetics for the past 6+ years.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    This game is as influenced by its player base as it is by the devs, we wouldn't have flying in the game, demon hunters or a vast majority of other things if it wasnt for fan involvement demanding things.

So, just flutter off with your lacking logic.
    I am totally aware of that. What you're not totally aware of because you're blinded by your own desires for this game is that your issue is so minimal (and already covered by the devs) that, unless you manage to pull a player riot like the flying broken promise, you will not see your wishes granted. Also, good luck fighting for a feature (AND NOT A BROKEN PROMISE) you and (to my opinion) very few players are disappointed at.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post

ele shamans get fist weapon and shield.. which again.. is what I see the majority using today.
    You and I both know this is 110% not true.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetics matter more than content and gameplay. Your avatar is a representation of you in game. Trust me, if transmog wasn't a thing, and you were told how to look and couldn't change anything and were locked to one weapon people would be plenty more upset over that.
    Your comment shows what a big joke you are. People have been playing WoW before transmog ever happened. And the subs were much larger back then. One would get the feeling that you joined WoW only after transmog and because of it. Unsub then, so that you show with your wallet that you don't condone this dev choice and stop your (imho) shitty silly crusade of a non issue.

Deleted
    Warriors who have been SMF the entirety or near entirety of wow are forced into Titans Grip so even though all of their transmogs revolve around 1handers they now are fucked into a state of "Well, fuck you"

The same applies to: Holy Paladins, Elemental Shamans, Shadow Priests, Monks, DK's (less of an argument here) the point is, numerous classes were screwed over because of this artifact system and nothing has been said about these people.
    Holy Paladins are a bad example, they got one of the cooler Artifacts and finally can transmogg two handed Weapons and, with the tome the get on their belt, can finally all go to the iconic Warhammer+Tome Style of WC3. Better than the current situation, were you are stuck with some offhand-stuff if you have bad luck.

I think Shadow Priest and probably Demonology Warlocks are the more fucked ones. I wish Casterclasses would finally get some animations to cast with their weapons. Why the hell should a Mage or a priest should wield a staff if he don't even use it to enhance his spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Your comment shows what a big joke you are. People have been playing WoW before transmog ever happened. And the subs were much larger back then. One would get the feeling that you joined WoW only after transmog and because of it. Unsub then, so that you show with your wallet that you don't condone this dev choice and stop your (imho) shitty silly crusade of a non issue.
    And people have been playing to have a physical representation of their character in game much longer than that "I don't want to equip it because it'll mess up the look of my gear" was a very common thing said by 90% of the wow population in vanilla, bc and it wasnt until Wrath that it started dying down.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account

Druids have been bitching about cosmetics for the past 6+ years.
    That's the point. Your argument should be directed to why SMF is gone; that needs to be addressed first so you set a foundation for a 1h-2h transmog idea. Otherwise what sort of traction should you expect? You're asking for transmog restrictions to be lifted "just because."
    Last edited by SoulSoBreezy; 2016-06-12 at 05:23 PM. Reason: words

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    And people have been playing to have a physical representation of their character in game much longer than that "I don't want to equip it because it'll mess up the look of my gear" was a very common thing said by 90% of the wow population in vanilla, bc and it wasnt until Wrath that it started dying down.
    Man, i rolled my main on a RP server 11+ years ago. People who wanted to look something while they played, they gathered their sets and wore them. IF they did dungeons/raided/did quests/played the game in general, they switched to their "battle gear". You want your favorite 1h swords? Wear them all you like, but when you go to play the game, suck it up and wield the artifacts. Because the gameplay is tied to them. You're trying to raise an issue with what weapons your character wields while playing. You won't get what you want, because the whole Legion GAMEPLAY is on the artifacts themselves. They will not change the mog rules for the extreme minority of SMF furies. You're not enough and your voices aren't loud enough to be heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    That's the point. Your argument should be directed to why SMF is gone; that needs to be addressed first so you set a foundation for a 1h-2h transmog idea. Otherwise what sort of traction should you expect? You're asking for transmog restrictions to be lifted "just because."
    Other subspecs have gone. Gladiator, Fistweaver. SMF existed just to give people choice over their weapons, depending on their drop luck etc. For Legion it doesn't "exist". DesMephisto has to wear his 1handers when NOT fighting. Because when he fights, he depends on his artifacts, according to gameplay and lore. When he values his appearance (when fighting) more than the actual gameplay, well, i doubt his reasons will be even considered by any dev, even if asked. I'd suggest you spam the dev twitters with your "arguments", instead of trying to convince people of your crusade, which is laughable imho.

Also, what you ask will cost us one raid tier fo sho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Holy Paladins are a bad example, they got one of the cooler Artifacts and finally can transmogg two handed Weapons and, with the tome the get on their belt, can finally all go to the iconic Warhammer+Tome Style of WC3. Better than the current situation, were you are stuck with some offhand-stuff if you have bad luck.

I think Shadow Priest and probably Demonology Warlocks are the more fucked ones. I wish Casterclasses would finally get some animations to cast with their weapons. Why the hell should a Mage or a priest should wield a staff if he don't even use it to enhance his spells?
    I wish, but read above, raid tier etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post

Other subspecs have gone. Gladiator, Fistweaver. SMF existed just to give people choice over their weapons, depending on their drop luck etc. For Legion it doesn't "exist". DesMephisto has to wear his 1handers when NOT fighting. Because when he fights, he depends on his artifacts, according to gameplay and lore. When he values his appearance (when fighting) more than the actual gameplay, well, i doubt his reasons will be even considered by any dev, even if asked. I'd suggest you spam the dev twitters with your "arguments", instead of trying to convince people of your crusade, which is laughable imho.

Also, what you ask will cost us one raid tier fo sho.
    I don't agree with the OP either, I just think the approach could be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck using daggers, fist and other stuff really sucks.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    My thread with 120+ upvotes on general discussion would beg otherwise and that was just for Fury Warriors and 1handers.
    so 120 out of how many million people who have played the game? I mean honestly it's transmog, people actually care about transmog? I don't use transmog like ever I have my DK in the old LK gear but that's probably because he was the character I tried it out on. I don't care how cool you look if you can't play for shit.

Well you know what, buddy? They made Survival Hunters use a spear instead of a gun now, and a whole fucking huge fraction of the playerbase's vocal minority (see: the people you are rallying with on the forums, which I'm sure you know represent exactly that, a minority) went ballistic over it.

Take a look at the expansion releasing in a couple months; survival hunters still use spears, and that's a whole hell of a bigger issue than fury warriors swapping weapon sizes, which is really all it boils down to now anyway.

They took out DW Unholy back in Wrath too, and 2H Frost is dead in Legion - people complained, lots - do you see any 2H Frost or DW Unholy? Nope.

And whether you like it or not, the majority of the people playing fury play Titan's Grip, and that's how it's been since they introduced it - it's essentially a hallmark thing about warriors now - hell, it's one of the things that makes WoW's warrior pretty unique compared to other MMOs. Sorry you're not happy about it - I'm not particularly thrilled that if I want to play my death knight and use a big sword I have to be a babysitter - but I have no other choice, and I'm not going to let weapon-type take me away from my DK that I've been playing since 2008 when I hung up my warrior.

So, yes, you absolutely get to complain about this all you want, but you might want to do two things:

1. Tone down the hostility, your opinion is as meaningless as the other guy's in the first page if we're going by your logic, so accept that there're differing opinions from yours.

2. Swallow your pride and accept that with Legion coming out in two and a half months or so, they're probably not going to just go completely revert a huge design decision - the subjects of
    a. transmog rules relaxation and restrictions and;
    b. specs generally using one type of weapon based on their artifact

have been beaten into the ground ever since the announcement that many specs were changing.

Hell man, this is a pretty damn minor change compared to things like survival hunters going melee or combat rogues becoming pirates.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Text.
    You are mostly right, but Blizzard made a huge mistake, and I believe that the majority of players will start complaining when the game comes out because they couldn't even try the beta, as it happened in Wod with the garrisons. It seemed like an incredible idea, but "everyone" ended up hating it.
    All I wanted was a rogue with fist weapons. I earned rank 10 in Brawler's Guild just to purchase the fist weapon heirloom for my rogue. I leveled my rogue from 1 to 100 with fist weapons and even "burned my brain" doing lots of pvp (something I HATE) just to get decent ilvl fist weapon. And now I will have to use a pair of swords. It sucks, they ruined the concept of my character. I can't even change my spec to play with the kind of weapon I want as hunters can do. I'm stuck with daggers or swords (althoug I can mog them to axes) and nothing more. It's so sad.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

They haven't answered the outrage of players who don't want to be forced into a specific weapon type. There are a huge amount of threads on the forums all with 100+ upvotes that go ignored by blizzard.
    They already made it clear: "You think you want different weapon types but you really don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole complain is about unlocking restrictions, not transmog restrictions. The last thing to do is mixing the two, best way for it to be ignored.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thread with 120+ upvotes on general discussion would beg otherwise and that was just for Fury Warriors and 1handers.

- - - Updated - - -

How a multitude of classes are locked into a "Go fuck yourself" state with weapon types despite their own desire and preference to weapon style.
    What is the issue here? Aren't you able to transmog the weapon if you dont like it?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What is the issue here? Aren't you able to transmog the weapon if you dont like it?
    Weapon Type =/= Weapon.

If i would play a class like Priest or Shaman i would be upset. Locked into one weapon type (Daggers, Fists, Staffs etc.) is pants. Especially if you collected hundreds of weapons you can't use now.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Weapon Type =/= Weapon.

If i would play a class like Priest or Shaman i would be upset. Locked into one weapon type (Daggers, Fists, Staffs etc.) is pants. Especially if you collected hundreds of weapons you can't use now.
    Really? That's incredibly strange for them to do so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    so 120 out of how many million people who have played the game? I mean honestly it's transmog, people actually care about transmog? I don't use transmog like ever I have my DK in the old LK gear but that's probably because he was the character I tried it out on. I don't care how cool you look if you can't play for shit.
    yes, people care about transmog. I don't want to stare at a toon that looks like a hobo for 4 hours a night in raids
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore