Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the thing that a lot of servers are more or less dead for one of the factions? People tend to want to play the one faction and balanced servers are deadish. Frostmane (EU) as an example is stone cold dead as far as the horde goes but quite alive for the alliance. A lot of other servers are probably like that.

my realm seems pretty dead lately....Alliance Kael'thas/Ghostlands....hell the raiding guild ahead of mine got their archi kill and quit raiding lol

The trade chat on KJ looks fine, there are still some people bantering and selling carries. Although, I do miss the trivia bots and other silly chance games that tend to happen when there are more players online.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aggramar/Fizzcrank US- Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Wait till Legion, it will be the Salvation of World of Warcraft. Legion will go in the history books as the synonym of Salvation.
    Even if for some amazing and magical reason that were true. It would bolster the lower population servers. It would just add to the servers that are already with higher populations.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Nah Aegwynn-EU is pretty alive... but then again, it's fucking Aegwynn, where half of the german speaking world plays
    You forgot about Blackrock-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    MoonGuard US - Not dead

Area 52 US- Not dead

I have been on my fair share of dying servers in the past though. Aegwynn, Mannoroth, Magtheridon, all dead now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The redead from Zelda are more alive than my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha'Tar-Moonglade-Steamwheedle EU, dead, dead, dead.

Deleted
    Twisting Nether EU (Horde side) is always pretty busy if you visit Warspear, so the realm is far from dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topkekmate View Post
    I play on Outland-EU (Alliance) which is the highest pop realm in EU and it feels dead.. i can't even imagine medium and low pop servers..
    what about your realm?
    You're thinking of Draenor and Argent Dawn as the highest pop EU servers.

I play on medium-population Dath'Remar. There are usually other players around, even in the middle of the night. Not crowded, but certainly not dead.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    But... it just doesn't work. They were undergeared for a reason. Their gear got better, but their motivation was still not there. Whenever we hit a wall, they would eventually give up.

You need a good pool of players to draw from as a Mythic guild, players that are relatively motivated to clear content.
    Did they give up because they weren't motivated, or did they give up because they determined they had hit their skill caps and couldn't reach a level that was needed? I realize it may be hard to distinguish between these cases, and bullheaded determination may substitute for skill to some (small?) extent. But if someone determines they really don't have what it takes that can destroy their motivation. Lack of motivation then is a symptom, not a cause.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    The starting zones on EU servers seem preety alive at the moment. I was quite surprised when i made a few twinks with a friend of mine (a returning player).

Nop, and the starting areas are already having issues with too many people doing the same quests on some areas.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

7+ Year Old Account
    i went on earthen ring eu and i was the only member on in the guild, the last person hadn't been on for 2 years D:

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Wait till Legion, it will be the Salvation of World of Warcraft. Legion will go in the history books as the synonym of Salvation.
    Salivation!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    How do you measure if a server is dead?

I play on Nordrassil-EU, and apart from vanilla WoW it has never been the most active server. Sure it feels quiet now, but i think that is mainly due to most highlevel people sitting in their garrison and it being end-of-expansion and summer.
    It doesn't even matter that much nowadays because 24 hours per day i can find stuff to do on the premade groupfinder or openraid, thanks to crossrealm stuff.

Trade chat would disagree with you. If peeps were in their Garrisons... they would be spamming Trade with the regular nonsense. They aren't because you log in for 30 mins to do your "chores" to gather the goldz then log out to play something else... like Overwatch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topkekmate View Post
    I play on Outland-EU (Alliance) which is the highest pop realm in EU and it feels dead.. i can't even imagine medium and low pop servers..
    what about your realm?
    Yes its true. In your garrison there's only you Dead indeed.

Mal'ganis US is very dead, it was high pop through all of WoD even had some queues. Hoping legion brings people back. Now its low to medium at max.