Thread: 7.0 PTR Inc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

7.0 PTR Inc

With Pre-patch coming Mid July , assuming the leak is accurate ( July 19) ... We should see the PTR come up live this week (Between June 14-21)

As someone without beta access, all I can say is... I hope you're right.

>click bait title
    >no source for title

Why would they have PTR for it when they have dedicated beta servers for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Because you don't throw a pre patch PTR on the beta servers, that's how you get limited amount of testers.

To test the actual pre-patch instead of beta and everything else. They've done it every expansion to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Because you don't throw a pre patch PTR on the beta servers, that's how you get limited amount of testers.
    They are currently doing just that, there is a specific server for testing the pre-patch on beta servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    To test the actual pre-patch instead of beta and everything else. They've done it every expansion to date.
    They're already doing that. They set up 2(I think) beta servers specifically to test the pre-patch and nothing else.

Maybe they want a limited amount of testers.

Fucking clickbait I knew it

Quote Originally Posted by Xixxor View Post
    They are currently doing just that, there is a specific server for testing the pre-patch on beta servers.
    It was literally a 24 hour server, its not going back up. They have a PTR test for the pre-expansion dating all the way back to the Cata event.

Deleted
    I could've sworn it was for the pre patch EVENT no?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Difference between testing a particular event and an entire build that lasts for a month + prior to a launch of an expansion. We've had PTR for pre-patch's since i could remember and i don't see why Legion, which is going to have one of the largest pre-patches ever, is not going to have a PTR.

They ALWAYS thrown prepatch on PTR. Amount of changes, the wardrobe system, you actually need character/account data to import to see everything is where it should be. (tired)

clickbait, reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I could've sworn it was for the pre patch EVENT no?
    Which is pretty much the only special thing from the pre-patch. That was the last missing thing for testing on the beta, as far as pre-patch stuff goes, and wasn't enabled until the servers were enabled (which, the event was on the other servers too, they just wanted people to test it on level 100 chars only).

Everything else offered in the pre-patch (Broken Shore, Demon Hunter intro, Doomsayers in major cities, Dreadlord whispers in major cities, etc) is, and has been part of the beta realms for a while. Those are all things that will simply be released early for those that want to do it that way, otherwise it's part of the Broken Isles intro when Legion goes live.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread title reminds me of:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Thread title reminds me of:

I counter with:

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    >click bait title
    >no source for title
    Can confirm, fell for title expecting at least some quality analysis of Beta states.

We have exactly 0 proof that rumor is true. Honestly given that the pre-patch is apparently a few weeks before the event, I'd argue the 19th is too late even.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I counter with:

That I can't counter. I surrender to your god tier clickbait.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta people tend not to stop at 100 and test things like "Can I survive Tanaan for two months?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)