Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    No they dont.

Unless you want to argue that Omar took a wrong turn somewhere and mistook the gay club for an armed forces base. It is a possibility, they could all have been singing "In the navy".
    Yes... at the end of the day if civilians can't understand the INTENT behind actions, it's THEIR fault.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Yeah there will never be a gay bar in Tehran or anywhere else around there...EVER
    That's interesting. I knew that sounded weird because I remember my grandfather telling me how Iran was before the US destroyed it. I searched for maybe 3 seconds until Google auto-filled my search:

20th century Iran
    Under the rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last monarch of the Pahlavi Dynasty, homosexuality was tolerated, even to the point of allowing news coverage of a same-sex wedding. In the late 1970s, some Iranians even began to talk about starting up a gay rights organization, similar to the Gay Liberation movement. Until the revolution, there were some night clubs in which gay behavior was tolerated.

Not as liberal as say, 2016 US, but probably no different than 1970's US.

Anywho, that's not why I'm here.

I woke up to see the connection made between a terrorist and ISIS. Is there any actual evidence for this or is muslim terrorist=ISIS now?
    Last edited by qw4; 2016-06-13 at 11:19 AM.

And Islamic terrorists have killed far more of the Muslim population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qw4 View Post
    That's interesting. I knew that sounded weird because I remember my grandfather telling me how Iran was before the US destroyed it. I searched for maybe 3 seconds until Google auto-filled my search:

20th century Iran
    Under the rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last monarch of the Pahlavi Dynasty, homosexuality was tolerated, even to the point of allowing news coverage of a same-sex wedding. In the late 1970s, some Iranians even began to talk about starting up a gay rights organization, similar to the Gay Liberation movement. Until the revolution, there were some night clubs in which gay behavior was tolerated.

Not as liberal as say, 2016 US, but probably no different than 1970's US.

Anywho, that's not why I'm here.

I woke up to see the connection made between some dude labeled a terrorist and ISIS. Is there any actual evidence for this or is muslim terrorist=ISIS now?
    Stuff he apparently claimed and they claimed. No evidence as far as I know apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    People don't care much because they view the US as the good guys and the arabs as the bad guys.

The collateral damage of drone strikes is pretty unacceptable.
    Who are these "They" you speak of? I think that's just you, the murricans themselves that see yourselves as the good guys.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    To me this argument sounds a lot like "starving children in Africa" argument. Some people try to make everything look equidistant but the key differences are intention and accountability.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

ISIS and the taliban and others commonly hide out in buildings packed with civilians. thats the problem, our bombs are doing the killing but the terrorists are choosing who dies. Drone strikes are kinda win win for the bad guys
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    So, if we give all the robbers money, no more robbery, right?

Give rapists a blow-up doll, no more rape, right?

Give a fat guy a garden, he won't eat more cheeseburgers, right?

Have everyone register their guns with the government, no more shootings, right?

Dumbass.
    Oh no.

There might not be a United States to sit around for half a year analyzing whether or not to waste the lives of its citizens in another attempt to project its power in the region after one of its puppet rulers went rogue and embarrassed it in front of everyone while we get slaughtered. Nobody to support dictatorships and sell weapons and training to them. Nobody to be invading, bombing, mass-raping and deliberately attacking civilian populations.

Oh woe is us!

Who would think that could do any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    If we go back in history we can pin ISIS surgence to the US
    No you really need to trace it back further to the Soviet War in Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    ronald raegan arming and training the mujahideen, lead to alqaeda and the taliban, which lead to us destroying iraq and that lead to ISIS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    That's what he said. Please read up about who was arming extremists in Afghanistan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    We are the only thing standing in the way between good and evil in the world.
    Pffffffhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

So the accurate response, is to wage "holy war" on innocents in return?
    I also find it HIGHLY unlikely that they'd stop and start a peaceful existence if the West retreated and left them entirely to their own. IS seem pretty damned good at bringing terror to their own countrymen...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    ISIS and the taliban and others commonly hide out in buildings packed with civilians. thats the problem, our bombs are doing the killing but the terrorists are choosing who dies. Drone strikes are kinda win win for the bad guys
    Does anyone expect ISIS/Taliban/Al-Qaeda/etc to just stand out in the open and wait to be shot?

7+ Year Old Account
    People like you who uses tragedies like this to further they're agenda like this is sickening. You should be ashamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Does anyone expect ISIS/Taliban/Al-Qaeda/etc to just stand out in the open and wait to be shot?
    Only the ones trying to justify innocent civilian casualties.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All lives are worthwhile, but there is a pretty fundamental difference between a family harboring an ISIS attacker in their home and supporting him no differently than logistics or repair people on the back lines support our troops - which by definition doesn't make them innocent bystanders anymore, and actual innocents. When an F-16 flies it isn't just the pilot thats a combatant, there are ~20 troops on the backlines keeping it going, but they are troops. In many cases the people in the OPs count are just human shields by ISIS. That's quite a bit different than directly targeting unarmed innocent civilians intentionally. The US doesn't do that. Even in Iraq and Syria there are so many documented cases of mass murders by ISIS where they just line up 100 people and shoot them it's insane that the global powers haven't all done more collectively.

If the US did target civilians like ISIS does you would have to multiply the number in the OPs post by about 1,000 just as a starting point. For example just 2 or 3 bombing runs by a few B-52s on Fallujah would have left it looking like WW2 Stalingrad and saved hundreds of US troops lives at the cost of many thousands of Iraqis, but the US didn't do that and wouldn't even think about doing it. It's important to remember that distinction. It's also impossible to avoid completely in a war zone no matter how smart weapons are. Just me, but if I were living in a war zone, with ISIS living in my home or next door, I'd take me and my family someplace else safer before it came to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No crime whatever it is should be shoved aside but let's not be bone idle to say this crime is more important than this one.... no crime deserves a rating they all equally horrible! To say "well according to these figures more people lost lives here" doesn't mean shit, people loose lives everywhere.

My nan died last year to ill health, should I be saying her death doesn't matter because more people die from drones.... death isn't a competitive sport and whoever gets the most death score wins... typical rhetoric from the MMO-champion forums though I guess...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    if they had the sack thats what theyd do!

nah but youre right. It's scummy, but it's effective.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The Mid East has more of their own innocent blood on their hands than the US.
    dont you dare make sense. its obvious the op is trolling for a response, otherwise he wouldnt make such a ludicrous claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ronald raegan arming and training the mujahideen, lead to alqaeda and the taliban, which lead to us destroying iraq and that lead to ISIS.
    um what lol? dont make it out to just RR. every president in the last 35 ish years has their hands in the shit one way or the other.