Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    I think u r weird.
    That's ok the feeling is mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    The fact a friend of mine (non-fan) loved the movie and even loved King Llane made me think a thing...

Many people now are used to think at the characters of a film more like as written things on a screenplay more than actual real people doing their actions in their magic world.

We hear/read many times things like "weak character", "well-written character", etc...
    I think my friend enjoyed the film because he let himself enter this world (that was new for him) instead of watching the film with a journalist eye that tries to label every thing he sees (I link a scene from "Birdman" at the end of this post that explain this thing).
    When there was something non-told in the movie, he took it as a mystery yet to solve (by making theories or maybe to be seen in sequels) instead of taking them as "plot-holes".
    When Callan dies he partecipated at Lothar's pain, instead of saying "But Callan's character wasn't written well".
    He loved even King Llane because he thought as him as a REAL person in that world, and as such King Llane is one of the most honorable and great person you could find: he often makes wise decision despite of his young age, he wants the good of his people, he sincerely tries diplomatic solutions, and he sacrifices himself to save his world , and that's a thing only very brave and honorable men do. Who wouldn't want to have a King like Llane?

When Durotan died I felt the world lost something. Orgrim lost something...

Saddest thing is that even as a nerd fan of the franchise I can't give it an 8 anymore. It's a 6.5 xD

I get why people that don't know the franchise might rate it higher and that's alright. The movie is doing very well at the box office, and at the end this is all that matters.

I'm sure that the extended edition will be much, much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    How can you seriously say that after seeing the costumes ? They look like bad blizzcon cosplays. The armor and helmet of king llane especially.

Yes, yes it was.

In case you didn't understand it, Kylo Ren was meant to be a character which feels out of place. It s your typical teenager who think he is more than what he actually is. In that regard, Adam Driver might be one of the best actor of the movie for his performance.

No offense but that warcraft movie is actually much more understandable to children that zootopia. On a complexity level, if you were to rank the two movies, the later would be higher (and that's my point).
    They look exactly like the armors from the game. They are colorful and exaggerated on purpose. BTW I didn't like Llane's helmet too, but everything else was just fine.

No, acting wasn't terrible. Travis Fimmel did a great job and the Orcs were amazing. Paula Patton and Ben Schnetzer were much better than expected. Ben Foster was ok. Only Dominic Cooper delivered a weak performance, which kinda surprised me because he's a much better actor in other movies and TV shows. However, he was still better than some famous actors like Robert Pattinson in Twilight or basically everyone in teenager TV shows like Supergirl, Flash or Arrow.

Adam Driver did a terrible job in Star Wars, sorry. I totally understand his character (basically a spoiled brat who thinks he's going to rule the Universe but actually he's just a teenage coward), but he didn't portray it well. He looked badass until he took his mask off, then everyone in the cinema went like "what the fuck?". Most of my friends think he's one of the worst villains in the history of cinema and don't even want to go to see Episode 8 because he's on it. Whether you admit it or not, Gul'dan was a much, much better villain than him.

How do you know how a kid is going to understand two different movies? One of the major complaint from adult people who saw Warcraft without knowing the lore was not understanding the story well enough. So do you really think that a kid is going to find Zootopia harder to understand?

... wait, maybe you are a kid yourself, understood Warcraft just fine because you knew the lore already, but had trouble keeping up with Zootopia. That would explain everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Can we stop arguing about what is wrong or right? Let us talk sequel suggestions!
    Dragon Aspects, Tauren, Trolls, maybe little of Lordaeron and its Paladins, Silverhand, Uther Lightbringer, Some of the Scourge, Night Elves....with a little Gnomes, Goblins and Genn Greymane cameo

I hope for an almost 3 hour film
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-13 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    That's ok the feeling is mutual.
    It's okay, weird people should stick together.

I think u r cool now. *bearhug*

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So you want a movie that costs $250M+ to make. Smart.
    I know I do, I don't usually base my desires off how much a movie will cost to someone that is not me. I look forward to my own entertainment.

Will the cost prohibit future movies? It may, not my problem.

By the way, I guess that number was just shat out of your anal cavity. Or do you actually have credentials to prove this expertise in movie budgeting?
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2016-06-13 at 11:21 AM.

By the way. I am the only one who thinks that asian elf looked very odd?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    The elf wasn't asian. Asia does not exist in Azeroth.

The epicanthic fold was quite prominent though, and did strike as odd as a High Elf feature.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    It is something new but I think I can get used to it, the glowing eyes are more annoying

Weird, I thought it was the 4th currently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...on_video_games

And Tomb Raider and Angry birds aren't #1 and #2. Hell, Tomb Raider is already in the rear view for Warcraft.
    Tomb Raider is at 131 mil domestic box office according to Mojo, Warcraft 25 million. TR did 47 million opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Tomb Raider is at 131 mil domestic box office according to Mojo, Warcraft 25 million.
    That's because America enjoys fapping at the glorious sight of Angelina's boobage.

I guess Garona lacks chest, this would explain tons.

Tomb Raider is at 131 mil domestic box office according to Mojo, Warcraft 25 million. TR did 47 million opening.
    ...and Warcraft grossed tons of money more than Tomb Raider in China, for that matter.
    The fact is that the US is not the entire world, and Warcraft is going to be the highest-grossing videogame-based movie of all time in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That's because America enjoys fapping at the glorious sight of Angelina's boobage.

I guess Garona lacks chest, this would explain tons.
    Actually, Paula Patton has nothing to envy to Angelina Jolie, as far as chests are concerned

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Paula Patton has nothing to envy to Angelina Jolie, as far as chests are concerned
    Oh man, now I'll have to go into an Google search rampage to find fitting breast comparison pictures of Angelina Jolie and Paula Patton...

Fuck mate... Why did you do this to me?

(I love you)

...and Warcraft grossed tons of money more than Tomb Raider in China, for that matter.
    The fact is that the US is not the entire world, and Warcraft is going to be the highest-grossing videogame-based movie of all time in the world
    I am commenting on US box office. Which is considered by the film industry to be the gold standard.

China is nice and all. But the trades and industry assume US domestic the default, everything else lesser.

How one may personally feel about that isn't going to change the minds of Warner Bros., Disney, Variety, Empire, The New Yorker, etc. I'm sorry.

You're welcome, mate

I am commenting on US box office. Which is considered by the film industry to be the gold standard.

China is nice and all. But the trades and industry assume US domestic the default, everything else lesser.

Hoe you may personally fell about that isn't going to change the minds of Warner Bros., Disney, Variety, Empire, The New Yorker, etc. I'm sorry.
    Yes, I agree with that. That's why I hope China really becomes the #1 market in the world. So people, industries, etc, may start thinking in a new way

Which is not accurate. These films gross more than just money from domestic markets.
    Irrelevant. The industry hold US BO as the gold standard. Most commentary assumes such by default, including Box Office Mojo and the like.

Yeah, she just has Angelina's acting abilities to be envious of.
    Although Paula was surprisingly very good as Garona.

Then why didn't you only speak about the domestic box office? Hell, you didn't even mention what it had made at the domestic box office, you simply brought in the worldwide total. Are you sure you're not just moving the goal posts now?
    I went based BOM's numbers, which assume US by default at the top of each page. If I was too short, I'm typing on the train to work and meant to be brief. Apologies.