Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I'd also like to add that the brutal regimes in place prior to (or in parallel with) the recent US interventions racked up impressive body counts of their own. So let's not pretend that the option is '150,000 civilian deaths' or '0 civilian deaths'. For example, 100,000 civilians were killed by Assad's forced in Syria alone since 2011.

How many have the Taliban killed? How many have Al-Qaeda killed? These were not peaceful regimes. These were murderous regimes. And unlike US drone strikes, they killed with intent.

Yes, the US should never have become involved in the Middle East. But suggesting that this nightclub massacre was justified because we've droned some civilians by accident is disgustingly inhuman.
    The United States is the reason the Taliban was able to control Afghanistan in the first place. We funded and supported the Mujahideen. It was fine then, they were the "good" terrorists. The U.S. government also helped Saddam Hussein commit genocide... he was our dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    This is why I find it so hilarious when people look at events like the shooting and go "OMFG WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE MUZSLIMS THEY"RE CRAZY!"

Really? Are you even remotely aware of how we've been ravaging the Middle East for decades now? Doesnt justify the gunmen, but damn it maybe if we left those people alone and stopped demonizing them and treating them like animals we ouldnt have stuff like tis happen.
    Find me one 25 year span when the Middle East was a peaceful region... just one.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Now can anyone please tell me who the real evil is in this conflict?
    Your questioning if isis is evil?? You're comparing collateral damage to people who are decapitated, incinerated, or dissolved in acid for show? You're sympathizing with those who killed the teenaged girls who tried to escape after being recruited and raped daily? You're comparing the US, that target evil, to evil that target innocents with subway bombings, hold coffee houses hostage, and telling people to get out of their houses and decapitate neighbours?

You sound like a terrorist sympathizer and your propaganda shouldn't be allowed here or anywhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care more about those 50 people that died then the thousands that have died to do drones, call me a hypocrite or what ever, I simply don't care what happens in the middle east anymore.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I think it is abhorrent to use this recent tragedy as a tool to try to gain political points. The bodies aren't even cold in the ground, and yet here we are. Very classy.

One thing that the OP seems to neglect with that infographic, is nowhere does it suggest that the United States is responsible for all of those dead, but rather those are all of those who have died since the "U.S. led war-on terror" started regardless of the side that caused the death. Whether we should have gone there or not is debatable, but be sure that a large amount of those caskets were made by the opposition. Also, some of those listed in the civilian category may also have been insurgents, but not those confirmed as such. Real, innocent casualties may not be known.

What this infographic really shows us is the horrible cost of war. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives and that is horrible and regrettable. Using that as an agenda to hand-wave a mass killing - the largest mass shooting in our history - is despicable.

You don't think villains would surround themselves with meat shields?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I think it is abhorrent to use this recent tragedy as a tool to try to gain political points. The bodies aren't even cold in the ground, and yet here we are. Very classy.

One thing that the OP seems to neglect with that infographic, is nowhere does it suggest that the United States is responsible for all of those dead, but rather those are all of those who have died since the "U.S. led war-on terror" started regardless of the side that caused the death. Whether we should have gone there or not is debatable, but be sure that a large amount of those caskets were made by the opposition. Also, some of those listed in the civilian category may also have been insurgents, but not those confirmed as such. Real, innocent casualties may not be known.

What this infographic really shows us is the horrible cost of war. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives and that is horrible and regrettable. Using that as an agenda to hand-wave a mass killing - the largest mass shooting in our history - is despicable.
    Exactly, the OP has no clue what the hell he is talking about and comparing apples to oranges. I don't see citizens bombing nightclubs over there int he name of the US.

#casualtiesofwar. I guess to me they are the enemy so It does not really matter how many so called innocent people have died. But after talking with some friends that are Iraq vets, they have no idea who is friendly over there, kids have guns and hand grenades and are just as likely if not more to kill you than an adult.

Yep blame the western imperialism because Islam has always been peaceful. Go read up on the Islamic conquests of India and other parts of the world which has killed more people than all the world wars and crusades combined. And yet this subject was never taught in schools, is it because it may actually reveal some truth about that ideology? or is it because all the universities and colleges are controlled by pseudo liberals who want to make a certain minority feel good about themselves by hiding the truth. just like what you are trying to do here.
    Last edited by Elian; 2016-06-13 at 12:53 PM.

Murder is murder, in both cases its "evil" as you may put it.
    One hurts Americans, the other saves american soldiers, even though both are bad, its understandable why the first is more hated in states.

"War on terror", people still buy that shit?

Now can anyone please tell me who the real evil is in this conflict?
    You are. Definitely you.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I care more about those 50 people that died then the thousands that have died to do drones, call me a hypocrite or what ever, I simply don't care what happens in the middle east anymore.
    One group are soldiers who have declared war against the US.

The other group were peaceful civilians who had only the vaguest notion the other side existed.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One group are soldiers who have declared war against the US.

The other group were peaceful civilians who had only the vaguest notion the other side existed.
    Yep, this.. also religious fanatics who use civilians as shields.

Why would we send drones just to fly around and kill random civilians, it's not like the terrorists need more reasons to fear or hate us?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yep, this.. also religious fanatics who use civilians as shields.

Why would we send drones just to fly around and kill random civilians, it's not like the terrorists need more reasons to fear or hate us?
    Thank you for bringing this up.

Sorry, not sure I quite understand where you're going with this. Are you saying their actions are justified because of that? Because if so, you probably should off yourself. Any sort of murder should not be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shooter was a US citizen who is a Muslim and was simply using the laws available to enforce his religion's laws.

Drones are being used to Bring Freedom and Liberate Hapless Citizens from Tyrants*

*Knock it sunshine, and we'll liberate the shit out of you too. Freedomize your country into the ground. And Democritize you so hard you'll see Jeebus telling you "Boy you dun fucked up.".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    "War on terror", people still buy that shit?
    Miltary needs money, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The only candidate calling for an end to needless and endless conflicts in the Middle East is Donald Trump. Hillary is the candidate of the neo-conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The only candidate calling for an end to needless and endless conflicts in the Middle East is Donald Trump. Hillary is the candidate of the neo-conservative.
    He also wants to drain the middle east dry of oil. I don't think those two plans go so well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, Nanook, can't disagree with you.
    My general stance to this attack has been a 'meeh' since I first heard of it.
    "Meeh" when I thought it was a madman with a gun, because the gunlaws aren't going to change.
    And "meeh" when I heard it was a terroristic organisation the US is in war with, because when you keep bombing innocent people these ISIS-idiots will always find new recruits to brainwash.
    No one slaughters as many civilians as isis and the other groups, so pretty funny they deside to join a group with more blood on thier hands.