10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post

So the big question is, is she just a random woman or will she be an actual character in the game?
    Also, what's up with Bioware giving everyone a weird nose as of late?
    They said that you wake up in the ship, so that's the protagonist. AKA you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at a point I want to know more, but I also don't want to know more. I just want to go out and discover things in the game. Like when I avoided anything that said Force Awakens in order to have the best experience of not knowing anything at all going into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They said that you wake up in the ship, so that's the protagonist. AKA you.
    Sure hope we aren't stuck with that ugly face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Has Bioware ever made an RPG where you didn't customize your character?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly we are, why do you think they sent her into another galaxy to begin with?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I find her beautiful, but each to their own. Bioware said that you can play as male or female.

i really need to get caught up on mass effect, because this looks pretty cool.

though, i think i'd need to buy an xbone to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I find her beautiful, but each to their own. Bioware said that you can play as male or female.
    She looks like that single 50-something aunt who can't find a man because she's crazy and nowhere near hot enough for anyone to tolerate it. Bioware seems to be deliberately designing characters that look as ugly as possible lately. Inquisition in particular was rife with them. They also frequently have perpetually disgustingly oily faces for some reason, just like the chick in that picture does.

In any case, the true tragedy is that the face customizer will no doubt be tuned to make any face you try to create hideously ugly as well, just like in inquisition. I always end up running chicks with full facial tattoos or guys with as much facial hair as possible because of it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    She looks like that single 50-something aunt who can't find a man because she's crazy and nowhere near hot enough for anyone to tolerate it. Bioware seems to be deliberately designing characters that look as ugly as possible lately. Inquisition in particular was rife with them. They also frequently have perpetually disgustingly oily faces for some reason, just like the chick in that picture does.
    Interesting. To me she looks like a nice and "perfect wife material" med/law/physics/biology student who is nice, caring, mild-mannered and protective Like I said, each to their own. We seem to have different life experience
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-13 at 12:32 PM.

Will agree that Bioware has taken a turn for more 'realistic read uglier' characters of late. I think some of the hottest characters in Inq were never in your party lol.

I think she looks fine, fairly realistic and human.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Interesting. To me she looks like a nice and "perfect wife material" med/law/physics/biology student who is nice, caring, mild-mannered and protective Like I said, each to their own. We seem to have different life experience
    Well, she looks fine in the context of a real person.

But she's not a real person; she's a video game character. I don't want to look at normal people's faces in my idealized fantasy, at least not among the main characters (or be locked into normal-looking people with the face customizer unless I want to spend literally hours on it). Y'know, I mean, I think my face is fine as well (and you can slap it on that generic background soldier who dies if you want), but it definitely isn't how I'd want to look if I could use a magical face redesigner to give myself the ideal male face... though I'm not exactly sure what that'd be. Anyway, as I was saying, I think bioware is doing this deliberately - designing ugly characters - to make them seem "realistic", and it kind of annoys me. In reality people don't want realism in their games, they want... I don't know, what'd be the proper term? "Idealism"? Sounds wrong to me, but I guess that's what I'll call it.

People want to look at beautiful as possible, and they want to look at as beautiful things as possible. But sadly, in reality, we're stuck with what we've got, and just have to deal with it. We don't have to deal with it in video games though, so it's just annoying that bioware keeps shoving it in our faces anyway. Of course, it's their product and they can do whatever they want with it... but the same applies to me when I produce my opinion that I think what they're doing is stupid. Luckily for them, they have such massive brand power that they can easily get away with taking this unnecessary loss for the sake of whatever message they're trying to push, but... yeah, it still annoys me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i really need to get caught up on mass effect, because this looks pretty cool.

though, i think i'd need to buy an xbone to play it.
    Why not get it on PC?

She'd look so much better, dare I even say attractive, if it wasn't for her potato of a nose.
    I could be wrong but I think the oily skin might be a bi-product of the engine. More or less everyone had that greasy look in DA:I.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like another beautiful game but I suspect I'll still be forced to play a human. Not buying it.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, she looks fine in the context of a real person.

But she's not a real person; she's a video game character. I don't want to look at normal people's faces in my idealized fantasy, at least not among the main characters (or be locked into normal-looking people with the face customizer unless I want to spend literally hours on it). Y'know, I mean, I think my face is fine as well (and you can slap it on that generic background soldier who dies if you want), but it definitely isn't how I'd want to look if I could use a magical face redesigner to give myself the ideal male face... though I'm not exactly sure what that'd be. Anyway, as I was saying, I think bioware is doing this deliberately - designing ugly characters - to make them seem "realistic", and it kind of annoys me. In reality people don't want realism in their games, they want... I don't know, what'd be the proper term? "Idealism"? Sounds wrong to me, but I guess that's what I'll call it.

People want to look at beautiful as possible, and they want to look at as beautiful things as possible. But sadly, in reality, we're stuck with what we've got, and just have to deal with it. We don't have to deal with it in video games though, so it's just annoying that bioware keeps shoving it in our faces anyway. Of course, it's their product and they can do whatever they want with it... but the same applies to me when I produce my opinion that I think what they're doing is stupid. Luckily for them, they have such massive brand power that they can easily get away with taking this unnecessary loss for the sake of whatever message they're trying to push, but... yeah, it still annoys me.
    All that whining is pointless. You'll be able to customize your character - you know, like pretty much every game they've developed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Looks like another beautiful game but I suspect I'll still be forced to play a human. Not buying it.
    I was hoping for more races as well, but it was confirmed over a year ago that the player character remains human. We as players represent humanity in the Mass Effect universe, per Bioware.

Having said that, its likely we'll have the other races at our disposal in MP.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    All that whining is pointless. You'll be able to customize your character - you know, like pretty much every game they've developed.
    Character customizations can sometimes be a real pain in the ass. Like whenever I attempt to create a good looking character, no matter that knob I turn, my character always ends up looking like fucking Michael Jackson. That's why I always use the default faces provided they don't look like complete assholes.
    So if this really is the new "FemShep", I'll probably never play as her.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    Why not get it on PC?
    Frostbite requires more juice than Unreal Engine 3. Not everyone has a computer that can handle the jump in tehcnology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Already confirmed a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Character customizations can sometimes be a real pain in the ass. Like whenever I attempt to create a good looking character, no matter that knob I turn, my character always ends up looking like fucking Michael Jackson. That's why I always use the default faces provided they don't look like complete assholes.
    So if this really is the new "FemShep", I'll probably never play as her.
    My inquisition character came out gorgeous, so I can't complain.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Has Bioware ever made an RPG where you didn't customize your character?
    Imo, it's pretty likely they'll go with the same system Inquisition used, and keep improving on that. Not too terribly worried about being unable to create unique faces.