Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's nice that SE is marking the jackasses in Duty Finder. They're the ones with a crown beside the name.
    Sadly I have noticed a lot of mentors don't use the mentor system for it's intended purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sadly I have noticed a lot of mentors don't use the mentor system for it's intended purpose.
    I do generally...Thoygh I will kick assholes or guys who are making a run unpleasant by repeatedly batching at everyone when screwing up themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    i went back to miqo'te for a bit, but I've become far too attached to my Au Ra. Just don't like the way my character looks as miqo'te anymore :\ (though I guess that's a good thing, no more fantasias!)
    Never give up on catgirls unless its bunnygirls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I've been playing with same hairstyle pretty much since release of expansion, I just can't change it.

I've never been strong in writing, RP'ing or characters having backstories.. but I feel like I could use one now. And I have some sort of already in my head, along with the jobs that support her backstory. Actually might start writing it one day, and possibly continue as her story advances.
    I've pretty much RPed a couple characters in WoW. My female tauren shaman I've randomly rped a few times and then carried her over to a new class when tauren were allowed to be paladins.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pshardt/simple
    to
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Muhoshi/simple
    all retired though as I have a draenei paladin now

I do some light rp on my catgirl here in FFXIV as well.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-06-13 at 10:04 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

actually ran out of time on my 2nd weeping city at the third boss

atleast i got my loot for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just random question, does anybody know how Guillotine of the Fury changes if I dye it white?

It's kinda large investment (12375 Wolf Marks), and it'd annoying if I'd be displeased with the coloring afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that SE is marking the jackasses in Duty Finder. They're the ones with a crown beside the name.
    I could have that crown too but I never bothered to get it.

I give you clear instructions on what to do if you ask, whether you are capable of following them is not my problem. I will kick you if you start to flame / hold the group back repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    im finally trying weeping city and i dont get it. what happened to free loot pinata raids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't know, but I want them back. This wiping stuff is boring AF.
    It's the first week. You'll have loot pinata raids in about 1-2 more weeks. I'm already seeing vast differences in runs, even though I've not completed the whole thing yet. People are still learning. The fights aren't really that different than the first weeks of Labyrinth, Syrcus, and World of Darkness. Last night was wipe once, clear the boss, wipe once, clear the boss, then Ozma kept jacking with one group and we didn't get past him. But honestly, even Ozma isn't that hard. The mechanics aren't too extreme and once people learn it (still a lot of "first time in here" groups), it'll smooth out.

Does nobody remember the Alliance A healers raising Alliance B healers to get Alliance B up during the first week of WoD? That eye boss was pretty rough the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    fuck this anima step i used 60 leves and got 1 amber thing
    If you're not using leves on anything else, I'd suggest doing the large scale ones at 10 allowances each. Only 9 to do so it doesn't feel so bad as doing them over and over and over and over for nothing. Chest = 5 vilekin a pop and supposedly more likely to spawn in the large scale ones (that may be superstition).

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm catching up and saw your other comment later.... I should just read everything I missed this weekend and not reply to anything til I'm on the last page XD

I did about 40 single leves and got 6. Did 5 large scale and got two chests for 10 vilekin. I'm just letting the leves recharge while doing Eso now. Have to catch up the umbrite to the sands I've gotten.

I've been debating getting a healer up just so I can get the crown and treat it properly.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-06-13 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ozma is easy if people adhere to simple positioning and hold their horses when they have the bomb.

Yeah, I find the time bomb kills groups the fastest. I've still died to it now and again trying to do something, realize it's on me, stop, hit escape (twice because accidentally pulled up the menu) and too late. XD

Dipped my toes into Wiping City last night for first time. Didn't get the clear; one shot the first boss, then had 2 wipes on second boss for differing reasons. 4 wipes on Ozma before we had run the timer down to around 15 mins remaining, with one of the 4 attempts being a sub-10% wipe. I personally goofed on several different mechanics, but not due to the same things repeatedly (once I waited too long before running for zombie pool on second boss, another was standing on the main platform area when Triangle laser of face fuckage was fired).

I like this raid, even having not cleared it yet. Aesthetically, mechanically, and even the difficulty. A month from now it'll be farm status. I really hope SE ignores the mountain of salt on Reddit and their own forums over the difficulty of this raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any necessity to nerf Mhach. No mechanic is overly punishing.

The community merely needs a few IDs to acclimate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

If I'm being honest, I don't think it's the challenge that puts me off. I can usually adapt remarkably fast. I'm often frustrated by the movement in this game. I'm so accustomed to being able to continue pressing attack buttons while moving out of "The Shit" in WoW, that when I do it in FF14 and my character turns toward the boss (totally f*ing my movement) I get irritated by how punishing the mechanics are. It's ingrained at this point. Almost 10 years of having to keep up dps while maneuvering away from lethal attacks has made it exceedingly difficult to adjust, even over a year later. I would loveto be able to turn off the animation lock so I can still hit bootshine, or twin snakes while strafing out of an aoe without it causing my character to turn towards the boss and consequently, cause my strafe to become a forward run INTO the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm so accustomed to being able to continue pressing attack buttons while moving out of "The Shit" in WoW, that when I do it in FF14 and my character turns toward the boss (totally f*ing my movement) I get irritated by how punishing the mechanics are. It's ingrained at this point. Almost 10 years of having to keep up dps while maneuvering away from lethal attacks has made it exceedingly difficult to adjust, even over a year later. I would loveto be able to turn off the animation lock so I can still hit bootshine, or twin snakes while strafing out of an aoe without it causing my character to turn towards the boss and consequently, cause my strafe to become a forward run INTO the boss.
    You do realize that you can turn the "turn towards target when using ability" off, yes?

I set it to off on day 3 because, being a healer that doesn't have facing requirements, it annoyed the shit out of me. Esp when casting instant actions while running away from sth.

The option you seek can be found in:
    Cog on the chat -> Controls -> target -> "Turn towards target when using ability" second from the top.

Only thing that will remain annoying is the general potatoness™ of the servers and the retarded UI delay of .5s.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-06-13 at 03:45 PM.

^

What he said. You can turn that off.

I thought I liked it, but (also a healer) eventually shut it off for the "turn away from boss" mechanics so that I wasn't spinning around while healing. Thought I might toggle it back and forth for DPS / Healing, but eventually just settled on liking it better off.

As an aside (somewhat): Some bosses like Angra Mainyu the first boss from WoD; I would heal the whole fight facing the other way. It was one less mechanic I had to worry about while healing or rezzing the people who didn't do mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well coming from WoW I was used to having to manually control where your character is looking in order to meet facial requirements.

Have to say that FF is much more restrictive in that regard when playing as DPS. Still, I'd never turn on an option that interferes this harshly.
    I am in control of my cat, not some mindless automated function.

Update or new post depending how fast me and others type:

Sohr Khai:
    Is it already common practice to pull the everything from lock gate to lock gate? I just couldn't heal the pull with all the buzzard looking things (my gear is a bit behind having not played much recently). It was such a long run around the corner and up the stairs to make the pull that I had already burnt all my Aetherflow just instant-healing on the run.

I was already grumpy about having to go help a friend move in an hour. When we wiped the same damn pull again, I just said something like "well, it was bound to work the second time" and left.

Just wondering if this pull is common practice now, though it was the first time I saw that buzzard pull not split up. I'll stay the F out until my gear catches up or something if that's the case.

Edit: Also, Nidhogg was the most fun I've had healing in a long time. Such a fun fight to heal. I guess the new raid sounds fun too, but I had too much to do this weekend to try it out. Maybe one day this week or next weekend.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2016-06-13 at 04:22 PM.

while running out of time was annoying, the raid is helping me get better at handling mechanics on my lesser played classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Just wondering if this pull is common practice now
    Pulling like that is generally common practice, although I never met a tank that attempted this twice after I told them "that was too much".

Personally I don't do it, because my tank only has 210 item level, so I doubt it would be healable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling like that is generally common practice,..
    I usually don't do large pulls unless I know the healer, and there's DPS's with high AoE capacities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I usually don't do large pulls unless I know the healer, and there's DPS's with high AoE capacities.
    Neither do I, but most random tanks seem to have the "you are only a good tank if you pull everything" mindset.

Unless there is serious AoE capability in your group, I found the difference in kill speed to be negligible. Esp when the healer is geared and mainly DPSes undisturbed on small pulls.