Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It's really nice to see Donald Trump exploit this tragedy for personal gain. - - "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism."

Sad part is that there are actually people out there who might use this attack as a reason to vote for the man. Fear is a powerful motivator. And these people are afraid.
    U mean like the democrats r using this and Cali attacks to push their gun control agenda? Ignoring that we need to be more aggressive towards safety from terrorists.

Y don't u quote all of Trump's tweet instead of the part that serves ur purpose?

"Appreciate the congrats on being right about the radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness and vigilance. We must be smart!"

Quote Originally Posted by Therikan View Post
    And what exactly do you think is the basis for his homophobia, and for that matter all of ISIS ideals? I think you might be the one that needs to "get real."
    Lol, right. You're just wanting to create a problem where there is none while ignoring the parts that really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just this ignorant of biblical history? if its the latter, i suggest piping down since you obviously have no clue what you are saying here.
    I'm not being obtuse. Both holy texts are considered the direct, inspired word of God and infallible.

Judeo-Christianity is still not a real thing. That's not a real term. Judeo-Christian means relating to both Jews and Christians.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It really is.

And I did not say Catholicism is the only form of Christianity.
    so by this logic, all islamic folks are the same also?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Sorry, you lost me right there.

YOu are seriously claiming that getting married is not a right? That its ok to discriminate based on sexuality.....for fucks sake, what century do you come from?
    Dont use the current year argument... it triggers people.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Most security guards now make minimum wage, have zero training and are contracted through third parties who have no oversight to work at places like hospitals, insurance companies, apartment buildings, etc.

I used to work in the industry and I'm telling you, if you knew how unqualified these people are and what they are tasked with on a daily basis you would be shocked.
    You dont have to tell me. The TSA has a 95% failure rate and these are the people who are supposed to be securing our airways. Having said that, I would assume that all or most security personnel have to pass some sort of background check. Which he did to get the job and again to buy the weapons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Paris did not have "hundreds of millions of easily accessibly firearms". Easy access won't stop them.
    "Easy access" objectively makes access to firearms....easier. For both lawful and unlawful individuals. What are you arguing here?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is where the goalpost gets moved to "frequency" of attacks.
    I agree, American really does not get attacked by Islamic extremists all that often.

Politically, how do you think this will affect the Presidential race? I could see Trump gaining supporters, either by people feeling Democrats can't protect them, or for the pure hate of the cause behind the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    ...No, no it is not. Jesus was the living avatar of God. His word is literally the word of God. "Infallible" means the unerring word of God, as related by Jesus.
    First : You'd be hard-pressed to have a clear definition of "who jesus was" amongst christians.
    Second : You're not adressing the main difference. One is written freely by several disciples of Jesus, where they try to record his life and teaching.
    The other is a pure source. The angel gabriel show up, spout the "word of god" and muhamad just write what he's told to.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense.

"I did not say Catholicism is the only form of Christianity", so how on Earth do you get that I am saying all Muslims are the same from that?

All Catholics are Christians, not all Christians are Catholics - it is not a difficult concept.

You're putting words in people's mouths. You can't claim Catholicism isn't Christianity. That's the only point we're making. That doesn't mean all Christians are Catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I agree, American really does not get attacked by Islamic extremists all that often.
    Nope, but when we do it's bad. It would have been a lot worse though if a bunch of them had not been stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well form what I understand and am being told... security guards really are just random dudes you hire to watch stuff
    Pretty much, I've got a friend who does security for AT&T, he's what I would considered unskilled labor. I still think the investigation alone should have put him on watch lists at least, raise an alarm when he buys weapons and ammo.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

I'm not being obtuse. Both holy texts are considered the direct, inspired word of God and infallible.

Judeo-Christianity is still not a real thing. That's not a real term. Judeo-Christian means relating to both Jews and Christians.
    dude just no. im done. go do some research as they are directly related. may i suggest research on messianic Judaism vs orthodox jews. also look into acts of the christian bible. get a good context of the difference between and how it came about. im not gonna do homework to prove you wrong when i know you are.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is where the goalpost gets moved to "frequency" of attacks.
    It's not a goal post to state facts. US has higher gun crime and far far higher mass shootings than anywhere in europe as an example. No one ever said gun control stops shootings. It just reduces the likely hood of them happening.

You're putting words in people's mouths. You can't claim Catholicism isn't Christianity. That's the only point we're making. That doesn't mean all Christians are Catholics.
    yes, YOU CAN. they are separate plain and simple. have been for a VERY long time. once again do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    First : You'd be hard-pressed to have a clear definition of "who jesus was" amongst christians.
    Second : You're not adressing the main difference. One is written freely by several disciples of Jesus, where they try to record his life and teaching.
    The other is a pure source. The angel gabriel show up, spout the "word of god" and muhamad just write what he's told to.
    The divinity of Jesus is not questioned by any major Christian branch in modern times I'm aware of. That's one of the larger disagreements that was snuffed out at the Council of Nicaea.

The revelations from God are directly parallel, especially for all the stuff written by Paul who never met Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    It's not a goal post to state facts. US has higher gun crime and far far higher mass shootings than anywhere in europe as an example. No one ever said gun control stops shootings. It just reduces the likely hood of them happening.
    "Country of over 300 million has higher number of shootings than small European country!"
    K.

yes, YOU CAN. they are separate plain and simple. have been for a VERY long time. once again do your research.
    No, no you can't. Catholicism absolutely is a Christian group. It is the single largest Christian group in existence. There are zero surviving Christian groups that predate the Roman Catholic church.