Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Frostbite requires more juice than Unreal Engine 3. Not everyone has a computer that can handle the jump in tehcnology.
    Oh my mistake, I thought that person was talking about getting the previous trilogy. Which doesn't even make sense now that I think about it since it's not available on Xbone I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    Oh my mistake, I thought that person was talking about getting the previous trilogy. Which doesn't even make sense now that I think about it since it's not available on Xbone I suppose?
    Some of it is. Backwards compatibility.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frostbite requires more juice than Unreal Engine 3. Not everyone has a computer that can handle the jump in tehcnology.
    For the same price of a xbox one you could buy a PC that could run it, or buy the parts that could upgrade your existing one. Even more so if you buy the new Xbox one the are announcing at E3. Frostbite doesn't require a large jump in system requirements and DA:I already uses it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    For the same price of a xbox one you could buy a PC that could run it, or buy the parts that could upgrade your existing one. Even more so if you buy the new Xbox one the are announcing at E3. Frostbite doesn't require a large jump in system requirements and DA:I already uses it.
    Keep in mind that DA:I was made with last-gen consoles in mind, where as Andromeda is 'next-gen' (current gen, I guess) only. So I imagine it'll be a more advanced iteration of the engine to some degree.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Keep in mind that DA:I was made with last-gen consoles in mind, where as Andromeda is 'next-gen' (current gen, I guess) only. So I imagine it'll be a more advanced iteration of the engine to some degree.
    That, and for some people it's way easier to just buy a console without having to think about parts and stuff, than having to make decisions about what to put in a computer. Not everyone is technologically minded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find it silly to buy a PC that is up to par with a console. If you aren't going all out on a PC, you are wasting your money. You are better off getting an Xbox One for $300. Because a $300 PC is going to be pretty under powered. Might run new games, but it will likely have to be run on Low settings, or take the risk that 1 year from now, you can't run new games at all.

Meanwhile, an Xbox One or PS4, will run all games released for it with minimal issues.

- - - Updated - - -

That, and for some people it's way easier to just buy a console without having to think about parts and stuff, than having to make decisions about what to put in a computer. Not everyone is technologically minded.
    This is also a point that is either missed, or hand waved. But all in all, it is a very important thing to consider.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/yqkWpI7.png

So the big question is, is she just a random woman or will she be an actual character in the game?
    Also, what's up with Bioware giving everyone a weird nose as of late?
    Looks to me like she will be the main female character. If anything they will use her as the default character in trailers from now on just as they did with male Shepard in the previous trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sadly we are, why do you think they sent her into another galaxy to begin with?
    They stuck all the ugly people in the galaxy and put then on one ship and told them they had to go colonize another galaxy. By the end of the series we've created an empire of hideous people that are coming back to the Milky Way for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    Why not get it on PC?
    because i am not rich, and you have to be rich to get a pc that would play this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sorry, wut?
    not everyone has $700 or more to throw around on this shit.

wish it was less expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

wish it was less expensive.
    Agreed.

As I said before. An XB1 costs $300. With an XB1 or PS4, you are guaranteed that every game you buy will be compatible with your setup, and will run well. Buying a $300 PC is like throwing money in the garbage, unless you are really only using it for Facebook, and web browsing.

If you are to buy a PC, spending less than close to $1,000 or more is sorta pointless.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Has Bioware ever made an RPG where you didn't customize your character?
    Baldurs Gate and Jade Empire.

You know, back when they were good at RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Baldurs Gate and Jade Empire.

You know, back when they were good at RPGs.
    I know, opinions and all, but the first Mass Effect and DA: Origins say hello. And Mass Effect 2 was a masterpiece, IMO. Gameplay was very action-esque, but the character development, choices and dialogue (some of the most important parts of role-playing) were sublime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not getting into a “PC master race” discussion here, I believe people should play on whatever they feel more comfortable with, just saying that “only rich people can get a PC” is a seriously silly statement to do.
    I agree entirely. A friend of mine paid roughly $500 for her new PC and it runs Inquisition at 60 FPS on ultra. You don't need to be rich to build a good gaming PC, just smart with how you spend your budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent roughly 2k on my PC. It'll be useful for at least 15 years (from when I built it). Unless tech gets insanely more powerful in the next few years. I don't think I'll have to spend anything to keep it up to date.

It basically depends on how long this cycle will last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    The $561 puppy build that this site puts out should be able to run ME:A just fine. Of course if you only needed a PC for that game you can obviously wait as by the time it comes out stuff that is expensive now will likely be cheaper then. Microsoft's new Xbox One S is retailing for $399 (2tb), $349(1tb), $299 (500gb). While ME:A will run on a current xbox one I am sure it won't be the same as a newer One.

That doesn't even begin to touch on having to buy a console for the game. Is that the only one you would play? Probably now but it adds cost. Xbox live gold? Adds cost. Another controller for friends? Adds cost. Etc etc. It isn't that expensive to get a newer one, or upgrade (buying one or two parts can make a big difference) a PC. ME:A hasn't even had any system requirements announced yet but I doubt you will need more then a $500-$600 computer to play it.

But I doubt it really has to do with the cost because you stated you would buy a xbox one in order to play ME:A. So if you'll drop $299 to $399 just for one game then upgrading your PC isn't to expensive.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    The $561 puppy build that this site puts out should be able to run ME:A just fine. Of course if you only needed a PC for that game you can obviously wait as by the time it comes out stuff that is expensive now will likely be cheaper then. Microsoft's new Xbox One S is retailing for $399 (2tb), $349(1tb), $299 (500gb). While ME:A will run on a current xbox one I am sure it won't be the same as a newer One.
    PS4 'Neo' is the one that is gaining a huge power increase. XB1-S will have 4k video output, but its gaming specs remain largely (if not entirely) the same.

Edit: they just announced a SECOND new Xbox, codenamed 'Scorpio' which will be much more powerful. 2 new versions of the same console in the same E3 conference? Are they high?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-06-13 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, opinions and all, but the first Mass Effect and DA: Origins say hello. And Mass Effect 2 was a masterpiece, IMO. Gameplay was very action-esque, but the character development, choices and dialogue (some of the most important parts of role-playing) were sublime.
    Indeed I am very much looking forward to getting back into Mass Effect. Ignoring the ending of three, I have always felt Mass Effect had a much much stronger story than Dragon Age.

Its more focused. Instead of writing a story that can fit a human rogue, or a dwarf warrior, or an Elven mage, or a Qunari whatever, etc., the story they write fits one thing. A human from the Systems Alliance. Makes a much stronger narrative. Compared to Inquisition, where its like "Ewww you're an Elven Mage, two things absolutely hated in this universe!?" "Now that I have gotten that one comment about you being an elf and a mage out of the way, let's continue this conversation as if you were a human noble!" Just made it weak, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Indeed I am very much looking forward to getting back into Mass Effect. Ignoring the ending of three, I have always felt Mass Effect had a much much stronger story than Dragon Age.

Its more focused. Instead of writing a story that can fit a human rogue, or a dwarf warrior, or an Elven mage, or a Qunari whatever, etc., the story they write fits one thing. A human from the Systems Alliance. Makes a much stronger narrative. Compared to Inquisition, where its like "Ewww you're an Elven Mage, two things absolutely hated in this universe!?" "Now that I have gotten that one comment about you being an elf and a mage out of the way, let's continue this conversation as if you were a human noble!" Just made it weak, in my opinion.
    Origins had a much more robust separation for its intros than that, but yeah I get your drift.

I am also pretty excited for Andromeda. I'm just an absurdly huge fan of the original 3 games (ending notwithstanding) and those characters. While they will be sorely missed in ME:A, I'm hopeful that we get some great new ones.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 'Neo' is the one that is gaining a huge power increase. XB1-S will have 4k video output, but its gaming specs remain largely (if not entirely) the same.

Edit: they just announced a SECOND new Xbox, codenamed 'Scorpio' which will be much more powerful. 2 new versions of the same console in the same E3 conference? Are they high?
    Yeah, that shit is too confusing. It seemed to me like the Xbone S would be the same as Xbone Scorpio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.