Poll: Staying, rolling Hunter or rerolling something else?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Poll: Are you staying Hunter, rolling one or rolling away from the class come Legion?

Greetings, Hunters!

Now that beta has advanced and the prepatch is on the horizon I'm interested in what players of their respective classes think about what's happening to them.

Have fun voting! I'm opening a poll like this in every class forum to get the bigger picture and plan to condense the info for future reference.

Deleted
    So I went for "I'm rerolling to another class".
    Reasoning is... umm... well:
    It's either I go BM hunter <since MM is unplayable and horrible and I hate it so hard, and I've been hunter since WotLK?> or another class.
    I liked the idea behind Survival too, since I played frostfire ridge and there was this guy who rode viverns and had a spear, you know, savage tribal warrior from some harsh land fighting in melee with a sharp spear alongside his pet, but as it turns out - the way Blizzard did this spec is beyond my words, sometimes it's so rngfest that I just don't enjoy it. It was their time to shine and they fked up.
    BM hunter looks interesting with all those buffs - but the artifact is SO UGLY and the spec kinda boring.
    MM NO WAY THE WAY IT IS NAO.

So I think I'm gonna reroll.
    Rogue? Maybe, but hate roll the dice on outlaws.
    Feral? No way in raiding environment with their current problems.
    Mage? My friend is going Mage.
    Wrl? Well, I have wrl but meh I don't feel them, especially demo when all I do is like stand and wait till my stoopid pets do dmg, I feel like a slave to them.
    Warrior - only fury playable right nao, arms has no surv.
    Shadow priest - that's the interesting one. You feel like a turret, but the whole void theme and insanity management is something that will be the difference between the pro SP and noob SP.
    Ret pala - just no. I'm shitting Ashbringers instead of poo already.
    DH - 2 many of them, kinda squishy in PVP and I like to go solo so...
    DK - IDK... I never felt them.
    So there it goes hehe :P Prolly rerolling.

Deleted
    the only class worth re rolling for is mage, they are next level dps, when a good quality mage is geared then you wont have a chance at beating him, mages are always on top of the dps so they are always a safe bet to pick, warlocks are also good and fun but there always a risk with them being nerfed big time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    the only class is worth re-rolling to is mage, they are next level dps, when a good quality mage is geared, you wont have a chance at beating him, mages are always on top of the dps so they are always a safe bet, locks are also decent there always a risk with them being nerfed.

a hunter is nowhere close to mages.
    well that was true until now, with so many changes I cannot possibly predict the outcome, but mages (especially fire) look strong.
    but rogues were always decent too :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    well that was true until now, with so many changes I cannot possibly predict the outcome, but mages (especially fire) look strong.
    but rogues were always decent too :P
    trust me lol, if mage doesnt have atleast 2 specs at the top then blizz will buff them in the next few patches, its always been the case with mage, they are the top dog in the dps business, you cant go wrong picking a mage, they will always be top 3 minimum.

rogues are also a very solid melee class, very good at loads of stuff while being competitive in dps.

it just depends if people like the mage or rogue playstyle, not many like it so loads are sticking to hunter.

Deleted
    I find it fascinating. The hunter forums are so very negative about everything - still, after like an hour of voting, stayers have more than double the numbers than rerollers. The satisfied enjoy in silence, it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    trust me lol, if mage doesnt have atleast 2 specs at the top then blizz will buff them in the next few patches, its always been the case with mage, they are the top dog in the dps business, you cant go wrong picking a mage, they will always be top 3 minimum.

rogues are also a very solid melee class, very good at loads of stuff while being competitive in dps.

it just depends if people like the mage or rogue playstyle, not many like it so loads are sticking to hunter.
    all classes with 3 dps specs are a safe pick for dps since they always have at least 1 spec at the top

Im staying hunter only if SV is as good as the best of the ranged specs, so I have some variety depending on the fights to go melee if I manage to get both artifacts maxed out.

Staying Hunter, can't wait to get maxed out artifacts for BM and MM. Starting with BM, simply because I love the class WITH pets and as ranged. Not raided with anything else since I started, not about to change now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been BM since Vanilla, not going to drop it now. I think it's still fun despite all the negativity it gets from different people...including guildies...but whatever. Survival is fun too. As far as MM, my toon somehow got bugged out and can't get the option to get the artifact quest so guess that will have to wait till live. Also have an ele shaman which is a blast and demo warlocks are fun too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    all classes with 3 dps specs are a safe pick for dps since they always have at least 1 spec at the top

Im staying hunter only if SV is as good as the best of the ranged specs, so I have some variety depending on the fights to go melee if I manage to get both artifacts maxed out.
    doesnt change the fact mate even if all classes have good specs, none of them will be better than mage, if your gonna re roll to something then atleast make sure its the top dog otherwise dont bother.

i been playing this game a long time to relise that mage will always be no1 dps class in the game, followed closely by rogue
    Last edited by mmoc90c34a72fa; 2016-06-13 at 05:26 PM.

I'll be staying hunter. While the new BM is fairly simplistic, I don't really find that a problem- it's relaxing, and I can devote more attention to raid and encounter mechanics. Since I'll still be a fully mobile ranged class, it's likely that I'll be doing most of the gruntwork on fights as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still on the fence, but leaning towards rerolling DH or Enhance, as I think those are currently the most "fun" specs in Legion. I want to like Hunter, I've tried multiple times to see if I could get MM or SV to "click" with me... but I can't. They feel clunky and foreign to me.

BM looked ok while I leveled to 110, but as soon as I got into dungeons at 110 it kinda dawned on me how awful that spec is for any fight longer than 30 seconds. The downtime, focus starvation, and just general lack of things to do are a real problem, one which has been brought up time and time again in feedback threads since early alpha and nothing has been done yet.

The crux of all of these issues are the Focus changes. It's Energy now, plain and simple. They removed the builder/spender gameplay style and replaced it with a Rogue-like passive regen system, which I despise. The biggest reason Hunter was so fast and fluid before is because you were always hitting something, either to build or spend Focus. That's no longer the case.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2016-06-13 at 09:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunter will always be an ALT, I don't know how anyone could ever main it...its so...so boring, even worse in Legion in my honest opinion. Every spec is a snore and I had high hopes for actually being able to be a ranger now...literally was the only reason I leveled my hunter to 100. But god damn, so many cool ideas and possibilities gone to waste.I'll still be playing my hunter actively gearing him the best I can without forgetting my main.
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm veeeeery on the fence.

I'm wanting to go DH(Like the other 90 million people), but chances are raid won't let me(Understandable!).
    But even if I can't go DH, I prolly won't stick to hunter. Just...not a fan of the changes. I thought I would be but....

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying and going with BM as always. Hope for the best.

Sticking with hunter, only because RL wants me to either stay hunter or go heals, and healing in any of the open spots we'll have makes me cringe.

I mained hunter in classic/tbc and switched to other stuff in wotlk+, will be going SV for legion, so I think none of the options apply? dunno

Maybe my opinion will change once I get to test out the other two specs, but I can't get the artifacts right now

I don't like how any of the specs have been changed (tried them all on beta), I don't like any of the artifact weapon skins, and the new tier armor looks like trash, but I'm too stubborn to switch mains at this point (and I have CMode weapon and armor to cover up those last two complaints).

Bottom line, I have too much time and effort in my hunter to switch to playing anything else (though Druid does look appealing) and I'll be staying as Hunter, probably going BM because I hate it the least. Back in 2004 I rolled a hunter because I wanted to be ranged DPS with a pet and now as a Hunter I really only have one spec option for that, and it's been so dumbed down I could probably play it with just my mouse bindings.

Sad days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by St4rC0 View Post
    I find it fascinating. The hunter forums are so very negative about everything - still, after like an hour of voting, stayers have more than double the numbers than rerollers. The satisfied enjoy in silence, it seems.
    Back before the World Wide Web debuted, a friend of mine used to say that the crucial survival skill for Usenet was a sufficiently refined sense of futility. Same deal.

Re-rolling away from. I cannot stand classes with 1.5sec GCDs so that's me off it instantly. It's unfortunate, it was the only ranged class I could play up until this point due to that fact. Even ignoring that, BM is just a clusterfuck of pets, MM feels awful and... SV is melee so eh.