Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It was pretty much written to be a propaganda piece at the time, it's important to remember that.
    It wasn't, no one would publish a book that bad and with such horrendus form and grammar for reading. It was published to bring in money and save Hitler from going to prison for debt.
    People kept it on display to demonstrate they were "of the right sort", they didn't really read it, let alone got converted from reading it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    TThe ban on the book from various european countries has been lifted. Obviously theres some curiosity and the book got republished.
    Just get out with your doomsday theories.
    What ban? The copyright simply expired.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my knowledge it was never really banned. Displays of Nazi memorabilia are banned in Germany to my knowledge.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-06-13 at 03:33 PM.

Jesus.. is this topic still going?

A book is being read more after it was given out for free? Who would've thought.

That must mean that the EU is facist! Which must mean the US Rules!

/headdesk..

some people

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    To my knowledge it was never really banned. Displays of Nazi memorabilia are in Germany.
    Wrong, it was/is banned in Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    But it doesn't explain why some radical parties are giving out the book for free. There is no doubt that there are radical movements forming in EU, but is this a sign of these movements slowly crawling back to surface of the society?
    They aren't reading it either, they are just using the handling of the book as symbolic act.
    The book itself without its historical implications really isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

- - - Updated - - -

To my knowledge it was never really banned. Displays of Nazi memorabilia are in Germany.
    Yes, that is why you couldn't advertise it, so if someone wanted to buy an old copy they had to ask for it. But that is not the same as a ban.
    Generally Germany isn't in the habit of banning books anymore. Too much bad history with that idiocracy.

Deleted
    I never understood why it was banned here. Having read a bit of it I have to say - it is one of the worst written pieces of garbage. If you fear, that people would suddenly become Nazis over this you haven't been paying attention to the internet lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Isn't it outright banned in Germany?

Alongside Nazi memorabilia?
    Technically the answer is yes. Realistically however the standards and laws for enforcing those things have been in a steady decline

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Those weren't refugees and people got arrested there.
    But good try!

See, that is what happens if you allow immigrants /s
    The greatest thing Austria has ever done was convince the world Hitler was German and Mozart was Austrian.

In museums or authorized historical sites. Try hanging a Nazi flag from your flat and see how that goes in Germany

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    In museums or authorized historical sites. Try hanging a Nazi flag from your flat and see how that goes in Germany
    my grammar is horrid

I meant that displays are banned. Fixing my grammar now.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Smallfolk have always been bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence and doing what is best for society.
    "smallfolk" represent 99% of the earths population and run the gambit of intelligence

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame no one listens to their grandparents anymore, or else they would be familiar with the results.
    One of Hitler's promises was deporting all of the Jewish immigrants back to where they came from. When they found out they didn't have the money or the means to accomplish that... well we know how that turned out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some re-printing involved not too long a go. Maybe that could be the reason why it's getting more popular?

Anyway, it's a book written by one of the most infamous human beings in history. I don't think people read it because they are looking for confirmation for their beliefs, but because It's interesting to read what makes someone like him tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with reading Mein Kampf as long as you read it with a critical mind. Sometimes it's good to know how "the other side" thinks. I know a few people that are reading or have read it and they are not close to being nazi or even nationalistic. They are just interested in history or politics. It's not a magical book that will make anyone reading it a nazi.
    Exacly
    I will just read it because i`m curious to understand what that dude write so much in to that book and lead German ppl to commit such crimes(i understand comunism but never manage to understand Nazi)

Psst. The Uk/France declaration of war on Germany didn't follow existing international treaties on the subject.

Allied forces deliberately targeted German civilians (and killed about 600,000)

Some of the deaths in concentration camps came from allied bombs.

Soviet forces gang raped German women and ran over German citizens for lols.

The US firebombed Japanese cities before turning to the nuke.

There was no glory and valor.
    There were no good guys.

Winston Churchill's books are bathed in just as much blood as Mein Kampf.

If you want to guarantee the next Holocaust just keep biting the Allied propaganda shit biscuit about some righteous war between good and evil. What later became the allies tried to leech the people of Germany to death with the Treaty of Versailles.

Antisemitism was all over Europe at the time. Britain dragged it's feet about taking Jewish refugees.

So yeah. Adolf was just another asshole. I can assure you he has plenty of company in hell.

I didnt read the entire thread but the reason why the book is getting more popular is very simple: the copyright recently expired which means anyone can now print and sell it
    Previously the copyright holder just sat on it and refused to print the book, as a result you could only get illegal copies
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

my grammar is horrid

I meant that displays are banned. Fixing my grammar now.
    I don't see how your sentence could be misunderstood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    One of Hitler's promises was deporting all of the Jewish immigrants back to where they came from. When they found out they didn't have the money or the means to accomplish that... well we know how that turned out.
    Of course they didn't have the means, because those were no immigrants in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Exacly
    I will just read it because i`m curious to understand what that dude write so much in to that book and lead German ppl to commit such crimes(i understand comunism but never manage to understand Nazi)
    Yes, trying to understand it is the first step in making sure you never become one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I don't see how your sentence could be misunderstood.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they didn't have the means, because those were no immigrants in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, trying to understand it is the first step in making sure you never become one.
    Well i live in EX-Comunist country but i`m not Comunist