Poll: Will Blizzard talk about Legacy servers?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, with the recent news about their talks with the private server people, it's almost a given. Called it months ago, still stand by it, we'll have an announcement of either official or at the very least officially endorsed legacy servers at Blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Could be a huge announcement if they choose to do so. They usually do a big event for the anniversary. Maybe Legacy servers could be that
    Yeah not gonna happend. They have only just lately opened up for the idea. There is no way, that they have anything show-able at blizzcon, when it comes to the legacy servers.

- - - Updated - - -

People at the Q&A will talk about it, but there is no way, that any dev will talk about it unprovoked. The subject is still in the "lets see if we can do it" phase, so it would be suicide for them to talk open about atm. They have also just launched Legion, when Blizzcon opens, so there is proberly gonna be a lot of talk about Legion and its first patch.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

For everyone who said no ..... you're dumb.

This was a huge topic with many meetings of course they will talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    For everyone who said no ..... you're dumb.

This was a huge topic with many meetings of course they will talk about it
    Just think for a minute, will you?

Isn't there something rather large happening between now and then? Some kind of release of something?

Oh, right - the latest expansion.

Now, do you really think they're going to take the focus away from the new expansion that they want everyone to be playing, to announce a new version of the game that will allow people to stop playing that expansion and instead play something that was relevant years ago?

Of course not. If they ever make a big deal about it, it won't be at a Blizzcon that's the same year as an expansion release.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    Let me look in my crystal ball :
    hmmm there is about 50 % chance they talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Well, of course we'll take the word of a bunch of people who ran a private server over the word of people who actually own and run the entire game.

This is where that thinking thing comes in.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Just think for a minute, will you?

Isn't there something rather large happening between now and then? Some kind of release of something?

Oh, right - the latest expansion.

Now, do you really think they're going to take the focus away from the new expansion that they want everyone to be playing, to announce a new version of the game that will allow people to stop playing that expansion and instead play something that was relevant years ago?

Of course not. If they ever make a big deal about it, it won't be at a Blizzcon that's the same year as an expansion release.
    Oh because BlizzCon only talks about one topic??
    They already know Legion will die just like WOD they need a fall back aka legacy

Unless they have some set in stone plan for them with rock solid way to move forward with them I highly doubt it. Nostalrius can say whatever they like about how much Blizzard wants to do certain things, until Blizzard does something I wouldn't believe a drop of it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, of course we'll take the word of a bunch of people who ran a private server over the word of people who actually own and run the entire game.

This is where that thinking thing comes in.
    They did more for vanilla community then any other people posting topics on blizzard forums, Vanilla server plx.
    They actaully presented data, so why not take a look at it?

Deleted
    No they wont!

I honestly think this whole charade is to be continued when 7.3 is 6 months in

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that if they do, they will say something along the lines of "As we've said before, there will be NO legacy servers.".
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

If they don't mention it on their own then I don't see how they'll be able to avoid the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Hopefully not. I look forward to the Blizzcons for new and exciting stuff and don't want to watch a reenactment of Blizzcon 2004 that never was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful, the most they'll do is answer some Q&As that will just end up being "It's a decent idea but the tech challenges involved... etc etc". From their meeting with the Nostalrius crew we already know it's not something they're opposed to entirely but its not as easy for them to just flip a switch and would take resources. Def not something that would be ready to go within this year. If they do anything at all about Legacy servers it will be announced next Blizzcon. Right now it would just be too early to make any claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If someone asks about it they'll mention it in two sentences.
    you mean two words...........

"probably not"
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

It's not happening, it's not feasible, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond giving a 99% chance answer of "We're not doing/planning on doing Legacy Servers" when asked, I doubt it. I don't get the hype for them, I bet most people will get bored of it, thinking "holy shit, I now remember how horrid leveling was" ect, ect.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!