Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Number Squish is needed

Incredibly high numbers look retarded, i cant explain myself why no squish for Legion. It might seem a nonsense to worry about it but i know a lo of people that is not coming back because of this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    One is coming in the expansion after Legion, this has already been stated.

From the front page interview summaries:

Another stat squish is coming in the expansion after Legion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanMS View Post
    Incredibly high numbers look retarded, i cant explain myself why no squish for Legion. It might seem a nonsense to worry about it but i know a lo of people that is not coming back because of this issue.
    No one is not coming back because of big numbers. This thread is really going places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No one is not coming back because of big numbers. This thread is really going places.
    That was kind of my initial reaction, but sadly I have seen a lot of people who complained about it toward the end of Mists. Mind you, I don't know anyone who QUIT over it, but definitely there was a group of people who thought the stats/damage were getting out of control.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

This. So /thread? At least nothing to discuss till we know more about how they will do it this time.

While I doubt it's any massive number, yes there are people who aren't coming back because they consider the numbers ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    amag i hit 100k instead of 1k better leave game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The retarded thing to do is be so concerned with numbers that you'd forsake the game over it... Relative power > all. It's no more retarded to hit for 1 million than it is to hit for 1k, as long as 1 million doesn't cause performance issues client side.

Deleted
    Seeing how Titanforged is a thing, they pretty much HAVE to squish (which they already are planning on). If you were complaining about inflation - lets hope you will survive Legion I guess. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The retarded thing to do is be so concerned with numbers that you'd forsake the game over it... Relative power > all. It's no more retarded to hit for 1 million than it is to hit for 1k, as long as 1 million doesn't cause performance issues client side.
    I can imagine it causing issues for things like CombatLogging but further than that I don't really see how bigger numbers are a huge negative.

Deleted
    There is always something to complain about.. Isn't there..

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll fix it next expansion.
    I wonder how they will deal with old content numbers though, because it feels completely broken to right click hit for 3M on old content and hit for 20k on current content.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanMS View Post
    but i know a lo of people that is not coming back because of this issue.
    I think you just took the cake from the crowd "I know a lot of people not coming back because of no flying" and "I know a lot of people not coming back because Blizzard doesn't open legacy servers".

That's some next gen excuses from people who would probably not come back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think you just took the cake from the crowd "I know a lot of people not coming back because of no flying" and "I know a lot of people not coming back because Blizzard doesn't open legacy servers".

That's some next gen excuses from people who would probably not come back anyway.
    I've decided I'm not going to play Legion because of the updated bunny models. I think the old bunny model held nostalgia and value beyond what anything new can ever have. I know several other players that won't be returning in Legion because of Blizzard's moronic decision to remove more elements of Classic from the game.

Hah. :3

Squish self was stupid but needed due technical issues.
    Those issues are fixed no squish is needed.

If you find big numbers hard to read then get a UI that cut it to K,M or what ever comes after milion and there are plenty ariund or blizzard needs to add this by default.

Squish actualy almoste made me quit. because after it everything felt weak, weird and felt off. After years of increase powers and numbers in damage and healing you suddenly hit like a wheeping girl or mend wounds with a wet tissue. Just felt wrong. but I accepted it because due technical issues it was nessery and those issues got fixed with legion.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2016-06-13 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    While I doubt it's any massive number, yes there are people who aren't coming back because they consider the numbers ridiculous.
    There is no difference between doing 10 damage to a boss with 100 HP and 100,000 damage to a boss with 1,000,000 HP. (Easy numbers used on purpose)

You can not like the big numbers, but that IS NOT THE SOLE reason they are quitting.

According to the Legion Summit, Blizzard wanted to apply another stat squish in Legion but was unable to. At the latest they want to apply it in the expansion after Legion. I hope it will come mid to late Legion instead, but I am not counting on it.

Deleted
    There is no difference between doing 10 damage to a boss with 100 HP and 100,000 damage to a boss with 1,000,000 HP. (Easy numbers used on purpose)

You can not like the big numbers, but that IS NOT THE SOLE reason they are quitting.
    It would be no issue if the scaling was linear. But it isn't. Just look how monstrous the curves look (google it, quiet some nice statistic curves there). Current expansion makes you 10x as strong as all content before - you can differentiate even deeper, the worth of one tier, one item... That's not a good design for long even if I can understand their intent to make the player feel their new pieces of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Also, don't forget they said they wanted one for Legion but "Didn't have the time."

It's well past time that they look at the reason behind the squish having to happen every expansion now. Sure, this time it's every other expansion, but that's only because they couldn't manage their time to actually get it in for Legion. For the next expansion, they need to squish everything down to a reasonable 150 or so ilvls. Then, when they're working on the next expansion, they need to set a firm cap in place, say 50 ilvls, and go from there. If they're going to have three raid tiers, then tier 3 mythics need to be the highest. They then work backwards from there; Tier 2 Mythics would be equal to Tier 3 Heroics and so on. When there are different paths to raids, there needs to be different gear levels. The hyperinflation doesn't need to be a thing, they just have to be smart about it, which they clearly aren't.

Hell, the easiest thing to do would be to make our damage scale with our gear, not increase outright. If you're a naked person, you should do the same damage at level 1 as you do at 110. That way, gear matters.

Give me the better part of a week, access to Blizzard's information, and I'm sure I could hammer out something ideal that would actually make sense in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Also, don't forget they said they wanted one for Legion but "Didn't have the time."
    I think what Chilton actually said was that they didn't plan on a squish for Legion, but seeing in testing how high player health was getting, they now wish that they had planned a squish but aren't able to implement one at this point.