Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft Movie Questions!

Sorry that I do not know much of the Warcraft lore, I only read the first book about 10 years ago and never continued the series. These questions are coming up from the movie, so im sorry if it comes off as annoying.

First off what is the black box? Alodi? I can not seem to find anything through google. What importance is the object or person's role, and what exactly are they?

How is Gul'dan affected by the fel? I know this is like the first war amd after durotan came back from being exiled, and before the rising of the scourge. I just haven't played the warcraft games and I honestly did not know much of this lore. Is Gul'dan not crazy and can control the fel since he is a warlock?

What was Med'divh's first plan and why did he summon the Orcs?
    And final question, what is the Orc's homeworld called? Where were the other Draenie?

And for fun, what characters did you guys notice that weren't mentioned? I know I saw Grommash a few times with that sexy Gorehowl...

Thanks MMO community for reading my post!
    Last edited by zesilo; 2016-06-13 at 02:51 AM.

1. As far as I know, Alodi is a new character that is being introduced in Legion.

2. Gul'dan is working with/for the Burning Legion. He was granted his powers probably by Kil'Jaeden, (a very powerful demon).

3. I'm not 100% on this, but I think Medivh brought the orcs to Azeroth because Sargeras was controlling him. Sargeras needed Gul'dan to free him from his prison under the sea. He used the orc army to get Gul'dan there.

4. The orc's home planet is called Draenor.

Other characters: Pretty much all the other cheiftans. I LOVED seeing Grom in the background. He looked wicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alodi is inside the box. She is a "Guardian" from before the Kirin Tor started making Guardians of Azeroth. In the game-verse, Alodi was the first Guardian of Tirisfal and was a half-elf dude.

Medivh visited Draenor and fathered Garona. He presumably taught Gul'dan how to use fel.

You see the Draenei at the beginning inside the cages. Gul'dan kills them to power the portal to Azeroth.

In the original lore(gameverse, lets call it that?), Medivh summons the Horde through a portal he builds in the Black Morass. The summoning of the Horde causes the entire place to be turned into what is now known as the Blasted Lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Alodi is inside the box. She is a "Guardian" from before the Kirin Tor started making Guardians of Azeroth. In the game-verse, Alodi was the first Guardian of Tirisfal and was a half-elf dude.

Medivh visited Draenor and fathered Garona. He presumably taught Gul'dan how to use fel.

You see the Draenei at the beginning inside the cages. Gul'dan kills them to power the portal to Azeroth.
    I thought the woman in the box was Aegwynn (imprisoned there by Medivh to remove her from the equation), but I just looked it up on IMDB and yeah, it seems like its actually Alodi as performed by an uncredited Glenn Close. This is a pretty weird change, all in all, but I guess as its really background expository stuff it doesn't matter overmuch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Medivh isn't the father of Garona...Come on. Your signature even mentions Med'an. Garona even mentions she isn't part human, referencing her draenei father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Medivh isn't the father of Garona...Come on. Your signature even mentions Med'an. Garona even mentions she isn't part human, referencing her draenei father.
    You're talking about the wrong universe canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He is right, actually. In the movie universe, Medivh is now the father of Garona. They changed it from the game lore. The movie is a separate thing altogether by not following the story 100%.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatsmcgee View Post
    Sargeras needed Gul'dan to free him from his prison under the sea.

XD "Sargeras needed Gul'dan to free him from his prison under the sea" amazing the imagination of people in here xDDDDDDDDD it was NOT this, Sargeras IS inside Medivh; when Medivhs mommy fought the avatar of Sargy in Northerend and defeated him , the Fallen Titan sent a part of his "soul" (if you can call it that) into Medivh's mommy, which in turn passed onto her son. That's why we see Medivh transform into a demon on the movie, it's supposedly to represent how Sargeras is inside of him.

And NO, Sargeras is not traped under the sea, only Little Mermaid and N'zoth live there. Sargeras "lives" in the Twisting Nether and wants to enter Azeroth but can't; on the universe of Warcraft, you can't directly enter a planet like we do in RL, you need to be either summoned or crash into the planet on a dimension ship like what hapened with the draenei (it's hinted on the WoW Chronicles that the Titans were huge creatures, bigger than the planets and they couldn't phisicaly enter the world, they only created servants to help them). Sargeras wants to be summoned here, and wanted Guldan to visit his tomb (where medivhs mommy laid the body of the avatar of sargeras to rest) for what knows why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    He is right, actually. In the movie universe, Medivh is now the father of Garona. They changed it from the game lore. The movie is a separate thing altogether by not following the story 100%.

what? LOOOOL where did you came up with that ??
    Last edited by vitor210; 2016-06-13 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Blizzard said the Warcraft cinematic universe is a separate canon from the game universe. Is this really such a hard concept for people when we are blasted with superhero movies and tv shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Treatsmcgee View Post
    1. As far as I know, Alodi is a new character that is being introduced in Legion.

2. Gul'dan is working with/for the Burning Legion. He was granted his powers probably by Kil'Jaeden, (a very powerful demon).

3. I'm not 100% on this, but I think Medivh brought the orcs to Azeroth because Sargeras was controlling him. Sargeras needed Gul'dan to free him from his prison under the sea. He used the orc army to get Gul'dan there.

4. The orc's home planet is called Draenor.

Other characters: Pretty much all the other cheiftans. I LOVED seeing Grom in the background. He looked wicked.
    Alodi was first introduced in the comics. He was the first Guardian of Tirisfal.

Also they pronounced his (her in the movie) name wrong. It's A-low-dee dammit, not Al-oh-dye.

- - - Updated - - -

The official novelisation of the movie. It's been all over the internet for half a week now.

10+ Year Old Account
    And NO, Sargeras is not traped under the sea, only Little Mermaid and N'zoth live there. Sargeras "lives" in the Twisting Nether and wants to enter Azeroth but can't; on the universe of Warcraft, you can't directly enter a planet like we do in RL, you need to be either summoned or crash into the planet on a dimension ship like what hapened with the draenei (it's hinted on the WoW Chronicles that the Titans were huge creatures, bigger than the planets and they couldn't phisicaly enter the world, they only created servants to help them). Sargeras wants to be summoned here, and wanted Guldan to visit his tomb (where medivhs mommy laid the body of the avatar of sargeras to rest) for what knows why
    Sargeras and the Legion travel around the Great Dark Beyond in the Burning Crusade. Sargeras wants to be summoned to Azeroth because it would take him too long to get here traveling the normal way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie told me so. Twice in fact after watching it two times in the cinema. Every puzzle piece comes together if you pay attention to the details talked about during the film. Also, it is an alternate universe where Dalaran is flying in WarCraft: Orcs and Humans. Certain liberties have been taken to condense the story into a feature film. It is not that hard to understand.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Alodi was first introduced in the comics. He was the first Guardian of Tirisfal.

Also they pronounced his (her in the movie) name wrong. It's A-low-dee dammit, not Al-oh-dye.

- - - Updated - - -

The official novelisation of the movie. It's been all over the internet for half a week now.
    yh just did a small search and found an image of the novelization with that passage saying Garona is Medivh's daughter. Damn I prefer the original "orc raped draenei" story, this feels kinda cheap

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras and the Legion travel around the Great Dark Beyond in the Burning Crusade. Sargeras wants to be summoned to Azeroth because it would take him too long to get here traveling the normal way.
    Oh sht you're right !!! Sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was A-low-dee, but I don't know if it's ever said aloud.

Considering they're different characters, makes sense they'd be pronounced differently.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The movie told me so. Twice in fact after watching it two times in the cinema. Every puzzle piece comes together if you pay attention to the details talked about during the film. Also, it is an alternate universe where Dalaran is flying in WarCraft: Orcs and Humans. Certain liberties have been taken to condense the story into a feature film. It is not that hard to understand.

it's not the fact that is "hard" to understand mate. It's just with so many different "nuances" to the original story, now coupled with Medivh beying Garona's father it feels kinda cheap you know? Like it's just another farytale story. Warcraft always had amazing stories, sometimes grim ones too; changing that feels like to literaly "cater the casuals" watching the movies that never played the franchise

I always thought it was A-low-dee, but I don't know if it's ever said aloud.

Considering they're different characters, makes sense they'd be pronounced differently.
    His name is said by Khadgar and Meryl in Legion, but I don't know if the latter is VA'd yet. Khadgar's line isn't, as it's right before Dalaran gets blinked to the Broken Isles, but I haven't seen the Mage order hall since early alpha.

So, it's just a matter of time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    it's not the fact that is "hard" to understand mate. It's just with so many different "nuances" to the original story, now coupled with Medivh beying Garona's father it feels kinda cheap you know? Like it's just another farytale story. Warcraft always had amazing stories, sometimes grim ones too; changing that feels like to literaly "cater the casuals" watching the movies that never played the franchise
    .... Marvel did this, DC did this, Harry Potter did this, Narnia, LoTR so on and so on.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    His name is said by Khadgar and Meryl in Legion, but I don't know if the latter is VA'd yet. Khadgar's line isn't, as it's right before Dalaran gets blinked to the Broken Isles, but I haven't seen the Mage order hall since early alpha.

So, it's just a matter of time.
    Alodi shows up in the Mage Order Hall quests, and his name does get mentioned in a few associated VO's. There's a bit of inconsistency in the pronunciation, but it's usually a variant on "All-low-dee" or similar.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    When was that mentioned? I literally saw this movie this morning, didn't even leave for potty breaks or to get more popcorn.

And I have my own question: When Medivh gave some sort of story about "Meeting a proud race," and "a woman who loved him," Who the hell was he talking about? I know ALL the Medivh lore, and I don't recall anything of that sort happening in his past.