Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If WF guilds only cared about the skill of their players, not ilvl, they wouldn't do 6x split runs of Heroic/Normal to prepare for Mythic.
    They do those split runs with the people they know can do the content, it's not like they do that split run, then go 'Okay of this pool, we're taking the 20 most geared people'. They do that because it's an optimal way to gear out a large number.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormlance View Post
    Unless beta has +50s being more common then usual it isn't all that rare less so from mythic dungeons. The goal isn't to get it every slot but to get a high enough il. to upgrade your base ilv drop rates.

This system is going to have players with higher ilv then ever before across all content and I really hope blizzard takes this into account and offers faster patches or we will not be in a good spot.

Just as an example, NOONE else in this thread has reported a +75ilvl drop, except the OP. Most people report a +20-30. That can be used as a measure for the time being. I know it is not a compelling argument, but it's what the relevant data show us yet. And then there are the doomsayers who worry about the game ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    They do those split runs with the people they know can do the content, it's not like they do that split run, then go 'Okay of this pool, we're taking the 20 most geared people'. They do that because it's an optimal way to gear out a large number.
    EXACTLY. I am sure the WF guilds wouldn't take an LFR pleb like me having 20+ alts at lvl 100 and no work to waste my time on. But... but... i have the time AND the toons!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    And I haven't touched LFR in half a year, but feel free to continue to make baseless blanket statements about people who disagree with you.
    What baseless statements ? So you are in favor of huge player power swings based on rng and decently tuned encounters. Doesn't sound a bit odd even to you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    We LFR plebs take your precious mythic raiding spots
    Thanks for your concern but that's the last of my worries as even very overgeared mythic encounters will likely require you to be able to breath in and out while dodging the occasional fire which is well above what those players are capable off. The problem lies in posing less of a challenge when rng procs on items can easily change the balance from hard to trivial but you obviously wouldn't know after probably requiring the valor patch to clear normal or whatever.
    And if not eh well we had good times and I have a business to run anyways.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-13 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    What baseless statements ? So you are in favor of huge player power swings based on rng and decently tuned encounters. Doesn't sound a bit odd even to you ?

Thanks for your concern but that's the last of my worries as even very overgeared mythic encounters will likely require you to be able to breath in and out while dodging the occasional fire which is well above what those players are capable off. The problem lies in posing less of a challenge when rng procs on items can easily change the balance from hard to trivial but you obviously wouldn't know after probably requiring the valor patch to clear normal or whatever.
    You still haven't explained why it's a bad thing.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Another one of those failed education programs I presume. You don't care about decently tuned encounters - obviously it isn't a bad thing to you have fun in lfr.
    For others ilvl swings of that magnitude can make encounters pretty trivial which is bad to someone who doesn't particularly like faceroll content on lfr level.

With so many layers of RNG, there will be larger variances in the average raid item level level between guilds of similar ability (i.e. killing roughly the same number of bosses per week) at a single point in time during early mythic raiding.

This is in contrast to the traditional system where week by week the average raid item level across guilds of similar ability rise at the same rate, assuming they kill the same number of farm bosses per week, because the number and item level of drops are mostly constant (a small +6 warforged on a few pieces has a negligible effect overall).

So if one guild were to have players that spent significantly more time grinding or were extremely lucky in acquiring titanforged drops, they will have a better chance at downing the same boss as another guild that does not have time-rich players or were unlucky, even though they are similar in skill.

This upsets the "tightness" of encounter tuning and somewhat tarnishes the competitiveness during early mythic raiding.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

I am a mouth breather with an inhaling assistance device so no need to breath on my own. I also herd that fire is guud, it giefs baff. I still gunna get ur mithik spotz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    With so many layers of RNG, there will be larger variances in the average raid item level level between guilds of similar ability (i.e. killing roughly the same number of bosses per week) at a single point in time during early mythic raiding.

This is in contrast to the traditional system where week by week the average raid item level across guilds of similar ability rise at the same rate, assuming they kill the same number of farm bosses per week, because the number and item level of drops are mostly constant (a small +6 warforged on a few pieces has a negligible effect overall).

So if one guild were to have players that spent significantly more time grinding or were extremely lucky in acquiring titanforged drops, they will have a better chance at downing the same boss as another guild that does not have time-rich players or were unlucky, even though they are similar in skill.

This upsets the "tightness" of encounter tuning and somewhat tarnishes the competitiveness during early mythic raiding.
    And this is a legitimate question. SO WHAT? You're presuming too much. Everyone here trashing this change is presuming too much. Potentially? Yes. Realistically? Same or worse chances getting a warforged+socket+tertiary item in HFC. Or even dungeons, be it normal or heroic or mythic. The 3 combo items are so rare, almost to non existant. The time rich players will always have an advantage compared to time deprived ones. So scratch that comparison. It all comes down to chance, and the chance to over gear a raid with procced items is still small.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-06-13 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeh View Post
    So if one guild were to have players that spent significantly more time grinding or were extremely lucky in acquiring titanforged drops
    Doesn't even need to be that level. With tuning being done around the base even a 20 ilvl upgrade on a couple slots makes a huge enough difference to make encounters trivial like thousands of guilds have proven after 6.2.3.
    I am a mouth breather
    At least something we can agree on.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-13 at 07:24 PM.

Another one of those failed education programs I presume. You don't care about decently tuned encounters - obviously it isn't a bad thing to you have fun in lfr.
    For others ilvl swings of that magnitude can make encounters pretty trivial which is bad to someone who doesn't particularly like faceroll content on lfr level.
    Then when you get those pieces that too high level for you, just delete them.

I'm rather amused I have to explain these things to you.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't even need to be that level. With tuning being done around the base even a 20 ilvl upgrade on a couple slots makes a huge enough difference to make encounters trivial like thousands of guilds have proven after 6.2.3.

At least something we can agree on.
    Happy i provided you with a snippet of a phrase so you can retort. Too bad for you tho, snipping to make a point only makes you look more than the the retard you have been proving in this thread you really are.

I still gonna have better ilvl than you though. And do more dps than you. Despite the fact that you have no shit idea how ilvl will boost someone's dmg in Legion due to beta still on...

I'm rather amused I have to explain these things to you.
    So your argument is that in a gear-progression game, if you get an upgrade (especially a big one) you should delete it. Are you serious about this?

On another platform I'd give you a more in depth retort but here I leave it at that's incredibly retarded. I could now start to give reasons like this being not a single player game - I know shocking to you - or how gaming in general moved especially after certain levels towards the need for at times excessive efficiency but well I suppose that's like trying to convince flat earthers how ridiculous their arguments are.
    Not that I really expected anything worthwhile though - like for instance to at least trying to defend your laughable stance claiming to on one hand appreciate decent encounters outside the scope of lfr and also liking that particular lootsystem making encounter tuning a rng roller coaster could ever work together.
    snippet.
    Seems like a fair representation of what your posts are worth.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-14 at 12:22 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Then why you bother? Jealous of LFG ppl having bigger ilvl than you?

I like the idea of gear having a chance to be more powerful than usual, but that's a bit of an exaggeration...

While I like the idea to give some extra life to non-raid content, I am worried about the organized raid scene for both PuGs and guilds. Titain forge as is causes some drama. If drop rates are high enough in raids then it could have an influence on raid tuning for the next tier as well placing newer or less fortunate players even further behind. Ilvl requirements for groups would also find themselves moving up a bit as well countering the idea that it would further help non-organized raiders to get into good organized groups. Are most organized raiders really gearing that fast in the first place?

Hopefully the system does not bring more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I think that it's an awesome implementation from D3 and we'll see how it goes during launch.
    Not really. It's pretty awful that people who can't play their way out of a wet paper bag have the potential to get raid level gear.

Also they already said in a blue post that they're changing it to just be a much smaller difference. Something like 5 more than warforged.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why you bother? Jealous of LFG ppl having bigger ilvl than you?
    Pretty sure things like this have been implemented because LFG people are jealous of raid gear as they always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Pretty sure things like this have been implemented because LFG people are jealous of raid gear as they always have been.
    Ummmm no. Its being implemented so people who don't raid have something to do.

Progression shouldn't end because your not grouping with 24 others.

When people have nothing to do they stop playing. For a huge amount that nothing to do ends at LFR/LFG. Believe it or not but only a small part of the community gives two fucks about NM+ raiding.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    That's not how it'll play out.
    What the playerbase will eventually see, is that you get these players super ahead of you due to sheer luck, lowering the impact of skill in your progress.
    So what? If your whining about luck overtaking skill, better to just stop that shit right now, because as long as people qualify LFG with an ilvl, this shit will be the norm. deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm no. Its being implemented so people who don't raid have something to do.

When people have nothing to do they stop playing. For a huge amount that nothing to do ends at LFR/LFG. Believe it or not but only a small part of the community gives two fucks about NM+ raiding.
    Couldn't have said it better. The pseudo-elitists are starting early, arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So yeah, we have world quests gear that scales with your ilvl. We have mythic+ dungeons with progressive difficulty and rewards. We have crafting. We have rated PvP, where you can participate in a small group or even with one friend in arenas. What does playerbase do? Yells 'Yay, finally a chance to get loot with better ilvl than mythic raid epics in LFR, what a nice way of progression'. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So yeah, we have world quests gear that scales with your ilvl. We have mythic+ dungeons with progressive difficulty and rewards. We have crafting. We have rated PvP, where you can participate in a small group or even with one friend in arenas. What does playerbase do? Yells 'Yay, finally a chance to get loot with better ilvl than mythic raid epics in LFR, what a nice way of progression'. It's pathetic.
    So because people chose to get there gear that scales in LFR its pathetic but in other modes it isn't?

Maybe just maybe people shouldn't give a shit about what others do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD