Poll: Which spec

Thread: Spec of choice

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Spec of choice

Knowing what we know right now, which spec will you choose to "main" so be it going into legion? In regards to the artifact weapons having a primary role and a secondary one not quite as good.

Outlaw. Just because I really want to be a pirate. Whether my Rogue is my main or not is what I'm deciding now, because other specs seem better than Outlaw, but my Rogue is 100% gonna be Outlaw.

Assassination always.

It´s between Sub or Assa, outlaw will always be the offspec for trash kinda thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    It´s between Sub or Assa, outlaw will always be the offspec for trash kinda thing.
    Is that the way it's heading still? Have assa or sub had buffs to their aoe though?

I'll main Outlaw, but my rogue is a fun alt and probably won't be raiding anytime soon.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope to main sub but in the end I'll main whatever is the best ST and off spec the best AoE witch is probably going to be outlaw, bit scared of roll the bones RNG but we will see. 3 more month before live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I hope to main sub but in the end I'll main whatever is the best ST and off spec the best AoE witch is probably going to be outlaw, bit scared of roll the bones RNG but we will see. 3 more month before live.
    Do we know if SnD is a dps loss though? If we spec snd it replaces RtB doesn't it?

I voted Assassination, but it's more of a 60/40 split between that and Sub. Will have to see how the weeks leading to prepatch pan out and the rest of the changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Do we know if SnD is a dps loss though? If we spec snd it replaces RtB doesn't it?
    yes it replaces RtB, i'don't know if SnD is = to RtB in terms of dps but gameplay wise the spec is build around RtB and without the cd reduction the spec is ultra slow.

Right now true bearing is just too strong, if they nerf it a bit i can see SnD becoming the better choice tho it's boring as hell.

For raiding it might be SnD over RtB even if RtB is better average dps just because of less rng

Heh sub - I do not want to raid with a DoT spec, and burst is king, despite assassination getting a bit of a boost in burst.

Want to main subtlety, but I'm hesitant because of the literally zero AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Is that the way it's heading still? Have assa or sub had buffs to their aoe though?
    Crimson Tempest is completely gone, which hurts Sub AoE enormously and Assassination a bit.

Sub AoE right now is limited to Shadow Novas when exiting stealth and multidotting with nightblade, if they even live long enough for it to tick out. Shuriken Storm (aka improved fan of knives) still generates 1 combo point per target hit, so we do get a single target damage boost when we can AoE, but shuriken storm still hits for next to nothing and now doesn't even apply poisons. And we can only spend these combo points on Nightblade or Eviscerate. The second shuriken artifact talent gives a chance to double the damage of shuriken storm, but double nothing is still nothing.

Assassination AoE is reasonable, but not really comparable to outlaw - it used to have a talent that spread bleeds around, which is unfortunately gone, and gained in its place a damage burst + energy burst. Ass still gains a TON of energy from multidotting bleeds on a couple targets. On lots of targets, envenom + FoK spam is still what you have to do, supported now by the artifact talents Bag of Tricks and Poison Knives.

There is some AoE support via Legendaries, if you're lucky enough to get them, notably:
    Insignia of Ravenholdt - Your attacks that generate combo points deal 15% additional damage as Shadow to all targets within 15 yards in front of you.
    Reasonable but somewhat weak splash for all three specs.

The Dreadlord's Deceit - Every 2 sec, gain 100% increased damage for your next Fan of Knives or Shuriken Storm, stacking up to 30 times.
    Only really good for infrequent bursts of AoE. Fully stacked, it does make shuriken storm hit almost as hard as an ambush on every target, but it takes a full minute to stack up that high.

But if you're including legendaries, Outlaw also has access to:
    Shivarran Symmetry - For the first 3 sec after activating Blade Flurry, your melee attacks strike all nearby enemies for 70% of normal damage.
    ...which has 30% uptime on continuous AoE and 100% uptime on burst AoE.

Meanwhile compared to live Outlaw still has the amazing Blade Flurry and has gained Cannonball Barrage, a chance for eviscerate to AoE, less energy drain from Blade Flurry, Acrobatic Strikes might let Blade Flurry cleave farther, and another burst cooldown in Curse of the Dreadblades (which, because of blade flurry, can translate into an AoE burst cooldown).
    Last edited by kindath; 2016-06-13 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    yes it replaces RtB, i'don't know if SnD is = to RtB in terms of dps but gameplay wise the spec is build around RtB and without the cd reduction the spec is ultra slow.

Right now true bearing is just too strong, if they nerf it a bit i can see SnD becoming the better choice tho it's boring as hell.

For raiding it might be SnD over RtB even if RtB is better average dps just because of less rng
    How is true bearing? You have to roll it, and in isolation its not that strong, it needs another (or more than one) of the buffs. True bearing only looks strong once every 1.5 minutes because of artifact cooldown.

Outlaw doesn't do anything for me. So it'll be between assassination and subtlety. I like both very much though, so idk yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    How is true bearing? You have to roll it, and in isolation its not that strong, it needs another (or more than one) of the buffs. True bearing only looks strong once every 1.5 minutes because of artifact cooldown.
    3 sec of CDs per CP is insane, it's good alone, it's downright broken with MfD/curse of the dreadblade/AR-blured time/alacrity. Yes you have to roll it but that's where the problem is.

i love the rogue class but i don't eat glue so sub it is

Since Assa is way to slow for my taste and Sub feels a bit weird, I'm tending to Outlaw. It plays fast enough and it's a bit of a fresh wind. (Another point would be the Artifacts. The Sub skins suck...and I want bigger weapons for once)

"Shiver my timbers, shiver my soul
    Yo ho, heave ho
    There are men whose hearts are as black as coal
    Yo ho, heave ho"

Bloodsail Admiral Furrycane:
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-06-14 at 07:47 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Assassination. They ruined Sub and Outlaw is just as boring as Combat was.

Deleted
    Really surprised to see so many Assa. Is that a DPS choice or a play style choice?

I heard that you can save levelling your artifact so when we know what's the better ST out of the specs we can then use our artifact talents. Makes that a lot more simple for me.