Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    This guy wasnt on a watch list, at least at the time he bought the firearms. The FBI determined he had no actionable offense and the investigation was dropped. He was deemed by the Feds to not be a threat. There really isnt much you can do about that. Unless we flag everyone who has ever been under an investigation.
    No, no he wasn't. Both prior investigations into possible terror connections for the shooter had been closed.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    The military (made of the people)serves the government but foremost protects the constitution.
    No, it doesn't. If that were the case the military would get involved any time there is a breech of civil rights which isn't the case. The government says, "Jump!" and the military says, "How high?"

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    No, it doesn't. If that were the case the military would get involved any time there is a breech of civil rights which isn't the case. The government says, "Jump!" and the military says, "How high?"
    (a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
    "I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we know why the military's performance is sometimes so sub par..
    White men can't jump.
    More black ppl need to be recruited.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Ouhhhh nice and catchy refrain, a glimpse into the fantastically delusional world of a person who's entire ideological underpinnings rely on such a free society and a strong central government in order for you to say such ignorant shit.
    Considering you know nothing about my ideological underpinnings and offered nothing in the way of an actual rebuttal I think the ignorance is all you, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
    "I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    Words < Actions

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    This guy wasnt on a watch list, at least at the time he bought the firearms. The FBI determined he had no actionable offense and the investigation was dropped. He was deemed by the Feds to not be a threat. There really isnt much you can do about that. Unless we flag everyone who has ever been under an investigation.
    I think we should depending on the nature of the investigation, anyone who goes under investigation for anything ISIS related should. And he had a history of violence, that's why we need both local authorities and federal authorities to be involved.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering you know nothing about my ideological underpinnings and offered nothing in the way of an actual rebuttal I think the ignorance is all you, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Words < Actions
    The military is led by a civilian-general, who is voted in place by the populace. The government is the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Oaths mean shit next to peer pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm gonna join the military.
    Hold on, let me fetch a constitutional lawyer first though, so I can have every order I receive checked for validity.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    convert away from the religion
    wut?

Once again, flipping the logic then all Christians should convert to something else because of the WBC.

That's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Moderate Muslims need to do more, I'm not saying some have not spoken out but Muslims are probably the only ones who have a chance of changing the course of radicalization.
    Why? They can simply be appalled by this incident loke everyone else. What more do they have to do?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Not according to every military personal that I've ever met.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The military is led by a civilian-general, who is voted in place by the populace. The government is the people.
    *snippy snip*

Yeah no.

Infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-13 at 08:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    *snippy snip*

Yeah no.
    Oh is state government the people?
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-06-13 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Why? They can simply be appalled by this incident loke everyone else. What more do they have to do?
    Why indeed, let's sit on her hands and all hope we are not in the wrong place at the wrong time, next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be about a 1000 percent more vocal in their community about radical violence.
    Let's be honest here -- there are a number of people (not saying you are one) that wouldn't be satisfied no matter how vocal they are.

The moderate Muslim population needs to do more self monitoring as a community, don't allow things like this to go in noticed and report things to the authorities.
    Agreed, but as far as I know there is no indication that any moderate muslims even know this guy was radicalized or that he had this shooting planned. You can't ask people to take action on something they don't know about. That being said, if at any point they become aware of radicalization and especially if they become aware of a plot to commit violence and they do nothing then yes, they can be blamed -- but that really goes for anyone, moderate muslim or not.

Do you realize how many moderate Muslims think these things are justified because sharia law? Sharia law is in direct opposition to US law and that's a problem.
    Well, I'm not sure if people honestly think people should be killed for not following Sharia law you can consider them moderate muslims.

I always think of Sharia law and muslims like the old testament and Judaism. The more "extreme" still hold to those laws and rules and follow the holidays and such, while more moderate Jews don't. Same thing for Muslims and Sharia law.

Anyway, there is always more that can be done -- by the government, by people, by muslims...people are too inclined to keep silent and not speak up.

Not according to every military personal that I've ever met.
    I'm gonna join the military.
    Hold on, let me fetch a constitutional lawyer first though, so I can have every order I receive checked for validity.
    I was beaten to the punch.

The US government is defended by these "wackos" who believe in the constitution.
    Yea i'm a wacko because that kid (HBpapa) is uneducated and doesnt follow history. Also he forgot that the founding fathers were the smartest people in the world and they put everything possible in the constitution to make the US the greatest nation. Its people like him, if hes from america, that are making this country fail.

Keep lying to yourself. The few wackos that actually believe they could stand a chance against the US gov't would get boot stomped before they even ran out of snacks.

Why indeed, let's sit on her hands and all hope we are not in the wrong place at the wrong time, next time.
    What exactly do you propose they do? Play as the FBI?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

There have been plenty of accounts of US military members doing the exact opposite to citizens and innocents over the centuries, you'd have to be willfully ignorant (you are) of US history to believe that the US military wouldn't do as ordered, no matter how appalling it is to your cute little conservative sympathies and belief structure.
    To American citizens, oh? Their neighbors back home? Just because you are a addle-minded cartoon character who just assumes the military, especially the US Military are jackbooted thugs just chomping at the bit to roll through American streets doesn't make it so.