Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    I think we should depending on the nature of the investigation, anyone who goes under investigation for anything ISIS related should. And he had a history of violence, that's why we need both local authorities and federal authorities to be involved.
    So if someone wrong dialed a number of a suspected terrorist, then that person is now flagged and cant purchase a firearm? What if my neighbor is on a watch list and ,being neighbors, we hang out all the time. We have cookouts borrow each others items etc..? Should I not be able to purchase a firearm because he is on a watch list unbeknownst to me?

History of violence? Was anything documented and was he charged with anything? If not, it really doesnt matter, nothing would have shown up on a background check. Do we now require all complaints to be recorded? Should we have people investigate these complaints and determine their validity?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    They will never overturn the 2nd Amendment, thats not the problem, its a mental problem.
    I'm sure they said the same thing about slavery. And my question still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Slavery and guns are completely different topics. I already told how the people on this forums. If you want our guns, or my guns. You can come and take it from my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Ah yes, while you stay in your land of military jurisprudence decrying President Trump for using the military to confiscate and detain all Muslim-Americans and their arms, I will be having the last laugh.
    Doubling down on acting like a cartoon character, then, as no such thing has ever come up or been proposed outside the headcanon you are projecting onto RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    So if someone wrong dialed a number of a suspected terrorist, then that person is now flagged and cant purchase a firearm?
    There are basically two schools of thought on this.

1) If any citizen is hampered in their attempts to legally purchase a firearm, that is unacceptable even if it would prevent or hinder acts of terror.
    2) If any act of terror is hindered or prevented by tighter gun laws, that makes acceptable any hampering of citizens to legally purchase a firearm.

Neither of the above is expressly prohibited by the 2nd, so the debate rages on.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Slavery was ended by constitutional amendment. Nobody in the anti-gun wingnut crowd even talks about that because they know they'll never be able to germinate enough stupidity in the public to reach that threshold of support.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want our guns, or my guns. You can come and take it from my cold dead hands.
    Oh yes. The other weird thing -- people seeming eager to be a martyr for gun rights. I don't get that either.

The watch-list and no-fly list bans are garbage, because there is no coherent, reliable due process safeguard by which to challenge one's status on it. A bureaucrat can put you on the list with no transparency and no effective means to dispute it or get oneself off the list, and your civil rights are gone. That's as anti-American an impulse as the jihadi vermin's shooting was, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    If agreement can be had on what a tyrannical government looks like. Which right now there isn't.
    A government that's willing to fire upon it's own citizens sounds like a tyrannical one to me.

Oh yes. The other weird thing -- people seeming eager to be a martyr for gun rights. I don't get that either.
    Any of our fundamental civil liberties, really.

Slavery and guns are completely different topics.
    The discussion was about the constitution, the topic is the same. Don't try to run away now.

No, im not disarming myself because someone is scared of a gun and doesnt understand its the person using the gun. Like seriously, learn about guns, go shooting and learn about them.

That's part of fighting for our rights a US citizens. You seem to not understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The discussion was about the constitution, the topic is the same. Don't try to run away now.
    Slavery wasnt on the Constitution....... it was added to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    See you next week, in the next thread about an american mass shooting.
    was there one a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    A government that's willing to fire upon it's own citizens sounds like a tyrannical one to me.
    All you really need is to pose them as a credible state to the rest of the nation - sacrifice x area to save the world. Acting like it's some complicated thing that will never happen is pretty far from reality.

Actually, it's in the text; Congress was given an implied power to regulate the import of slaves effective in 1808. They did not exercise that power, of course. It did take an amendment to ban the practice within the US altogether.

if we want a perfect or near perfect govt, people need to get involved. Thats way, people are kept in check. If that happens, look how things would go.
    HA! Dont you know, "Every politician is corrupt and incompetent except mine". People dont get involved until its comes election time and even then most just vote based on party affiliation, media perception, or ads.

We have the government we deserve.

BINGO!

The constitution wasn't perfect. What makes you think it is now?
    Can you not amend it so that it explains the right to bear arms in more detail?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    HA! Dont you know, "Every politician is corrupt and incompetent except mine". People dont get involved until its comes election time and even then most just vote based on party affiliation, media perception, or ads.

We have the government we deserve.
    I never said every politician is corrupt. What i said, if people were more involved all the time instead of the election, then things would be different, atleast i think.