Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    So what? I don't think I ever eluded to the fact that I think I am 100% right. I'm just stating my opinion and my desire to see the talent go away. Anything more than that is pointless. We all have arbitrary motivations in regards to Demon Hunter design, that should be obvious. I honestly don't care about diversity as long as I have an interesting playstyle. Something to keep stimulating me. I fear that a build with Demon Blades won't do that for me, so I argue for its removal. Simple as that.
    That's completely fine until your claims and beliefs are just totally unfounded. It doesn't play like you think it will. You may like it when you play it. You may not. Regardless, the talent is fine. I actually think Judging how many globals you spend, and making sure you don't overcap fury is pretty interesting. It's a constant game of not wasting resources, and pretty bursty as well.

Eye test: Demon Blades feels better to me when it is consistent with returns. I definitely can feel the ebb and flow of it, literally going from full bar to empty bar to full bar again in a small span. I can see where that could drive some people bonkers. I also have issues keeping myself in melee range for some reason, dont know if its a hitbox issue or lag. More than likely the latter - Learned well what everyone was talking about with fel rushing or VRing off a cliff because of lag.

Demon Blades definitely changes the game play. Neither one of them feel bad, but they are distinctly different.
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    If you think most of a DH's dps comes from Demon's Bite (or Demon's Blade in this case) then you haven't played the DH at all.

Even after then Annihlation nerf, it accounts for +50% of my damage...
    Isn't +50% the very definition of "most"?

Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    yes..... thus his point: Annihilation/Chaos Strike is 50%+ of the damage done... even after the nerf. Meaning Demon's Bite/Demon's Blade cant be "most" of your damage

Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    He means Chaos Strike / Annihilation is 50%, not Demon's Bite.

Speaking of Demon Blades. How do you actually gain fury with this talent? I tried it while levelling, but felt there was no way of gaining fury. Now im max level though, it seems with Fel Rush, Retreat and Chaos Strikes refunding fury, that is the way you generate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    He means Chaos Strike / Annihilation is 50%, not Demon's Bite.

Speaking of Demon Blades. How do you actually gain fury with this talent? I tried it while levelling, but felt there was no way of gaining fury. Now im max level though, it seems with Fel Rush, Retreat and Chaos Strikes refunding fury, that is the way you generate it?
    You generate it by auto-attacking, but it will not generate fury if you're on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You generate it by auto-attacking, but it will not generate fury if you're on the GCD.
    Oh. I didnt realise that. Ive been playing the momentum build (which uses prepared i believe?) so i havnt really check it out. I like the playstyle of flying around all the time.

Might try out demon blades though.

My main complaint with the talent is that there's no other abilities to use if you don't have the resource

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's not. Prepared is still better, even after the nerf, and DA beats everything on a demon fight.

Dblades will be BiT only when you have so much crit that you will only be casting CS anyway, and only because if you have no fury you'd get 40-50 fury on your next AA to start it again. It becomes BiT because of a problem with CHAOS STRIKE, not Dblades.
    Like I said, from my limited testing, this is not true. I'm interested in what you are doing differently.

I'm using the pre-made 110 w/PvP gear. That's only 24% Crit. And Demon Blades just blows away Prepared. Demon Blades actually works better for the Momentum build than Prepared. Granted, it's the most hectic gameplay I've ever experienced. Fel Rush ---> Felblade is the main focus. I still use VR, but only when I have 2 charges of FR. I took Master of Glaives which gives a little more freedom in patching the leftover holes. But, there is little downtime at all with this playstyle.

Fel Mastery
    Demon Blades
    Felblade
    Soul Rending
    Momentum
    Master of the Glaive
    Demonic

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    My main complaint with the talent is that there's no other abilities to use if you don't have the resource
    This was my only complaint. The ebb and flow are too much. When youre in a down period, youre literally autoattacking. Feels like early Cata enhancement in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Like I said, from my limited testing, this is not true. I'm interested in what you are doing differently.
    it feels better to me as well. But who knows right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post

I'm using the pre-made 110 w/PvP gear. That's only 24% Crit. And Demon Blades just blows away Prepared. Demon Blades actually works better for the Momentum build than Prepared. Granted, it's the most hectic gameplay I've ever experienced. Fel Rush ---> Felblade is the main focus. I still use VR, but only when I have 2 charges of FR. I took Master of Glaives which gives a little more freedom in patching the leftover holes. But, there is little downtime at all with this playstyle.

Fel Mastery
    Demon Blades
    Felblade
    Soul Rending
    Momentum
    Master of the Glaive
    Demonic
    I'm level 110, with Dungeon gear and 42% crit. PvP template is crap for DHs, and Dblades doesn't give you extra 20% windows.

Dumbest talent i have ever seen in this game. Would never pick it, even if it's much better. Makes the rotation horrible. We already have very few buttons. Demon's Bite is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Dumbest talent i have ever seen in this game. Would never pick it, even if it's much better. Makes the rotation horrible. We already have very few buttons. Demon's Bite is needed.
    Are you actually on beta or just going off of intuition? It literally doesnt change the rotation. And no, we dont have "very few buttons"

The amount of people complaining about this talent that have clearly never played a DH is to damn high.

Demons bite is by far the least rewarding button we can ever push, it creates nothing interesting, does very little, and if i had an option to put on a hat for +30 fury i would rather do that then demons bite.

Demon blades plays perfectly into the DH rotation, with good crit you dont ever want to use demons bite during Meta. You want to spam annihilation for days, using Dbite and Dblades doesnt change this however Dblades will add to your crit infused opening Annihilation spam. The other part to this talent is Felblade, this becomes your fury builder in place of demons bite, yes it has a short cooldown but it also does more then 2x the dmg of a demons bite and gives set (30) fury instead of random generation, spamming Dbite to proc Felblade feels bad, getting Felblade resets from Dblades actually feels rewarding and fits perfectly to replace Dbite as the "builder" option.

In short if you dont like this talent because you want more buttons to push, newsflash DH only ever want to push Annihilation/Chaos Strike and everything else is to enable that button so this probably isnt the class for you.
    Last edited by Jhiz; 2016-06-14 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiz View Post
    In short if you dont like this talent because you want more buttons to push, newsflash DH only ever want to push Annihilation/Chaos Strike and everything else is to enable that button so this probably isnt the class for you.
    wow if that's the case then I personally won't enjoy the class. I don't mind simplicity but from what your saying a whole spec that revolves around 1 ability is IMO the worst design I've ever heard of. Honestly after all the shine of "omg demon hunters! so new!" goes away and everyone tries it I don't see too many people sticking to the class if it really is all about one button ability. Those that enjoy it good for you, but I just don't understand it.

like I said good for those who wanted to play this class and those who enjoy I couldn't be happier for you. As for me the idea of a demon hunter was something somewhat different and I was hoping they were a good combination of mid range spells and melee abilities, with metamorphosis being something that was weaved into the gameplay instead of being something that is just a cooldown.
    Last edited by login; 2016-06-15 at 01:49 AM.

It's really funny how defensive people get on here. He has a hard time grasping the fact that I'm right and it doesn't belong on the class.
    So what? I don't think I ever eluded to the fact that I think I am 100% right.
    Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Seems legit
    The guy I was talking about got infracted because of it. Nice try, though. Real similar.

It's really funny how defensive people get on here. He has a hard time grasping the fact that I'm right and it doesn't belong on the class.

Do you also realize you said this statement as well? You are making me laugh hard.
    The guy I was talking about got infracted because of it. Nice try, though. Real similar.
    You're a special kind of hypocrite aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Have you actually played it, or do you simply infer without experience? You know what assumption does

10+ Year Old Account
    the concept is interesting but i wish it had its own version of charge to get a bit extra resources at the start of the fight

was leveling with i ta bit and makes the combat start up a little slow. fine after you get abilities going

ill have to try it with more haste
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream