Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Not in the slightest.
    Outside from both being the best available weapon and slowly growing stronger and changing shape with unique quests added to progress it further. It's essentially legendary weapons 2.0. Feel free to nitpick regarding talents though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if you don't know what titanforged is, why do yo even bother replying lol
    I ask you the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    It's essentially legendary weapons 2.0.
    I forgot Legendary weapons had skins, color variations, relic slots, traits, were given to anybody and everybody, and there are thirty-six of them in a single expansion... /s

Deleted

there are thirty-six of them in a single expansion... /s
    Guess you also call it bananas when you get more than one apple.

Btw while you were eager going off-topic you still couldn't dismiss that it's unclear how long the catchup with the weapon will take

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    No one said a full grind would be 1% more damage, that was just an example of an upgrade, with the max being somewhere around 10% for 100 ilvls higher, an incredible amount less than the gap in Legion. Again, even 10% will not be much between a skilled player and a non-skilled player.

I'm not worried about the talents as the first 6 levels are the most used/desirable talents. Not sure how much an advantage artifacts will be, but that also can be earned through pvp.

I'll just leave this for people who still don't understand how the gearing works:
    We already know how the gearing "works".

It is a massive downgrade from live. On live, everyone can eventually have the same gear. In Legoin, it is impossible no matter how many hours you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    That's why they removed "PvP gear" because it's supposed to be about skill. The difference between fully geared and fresh will be dramatically less in Legion. You can do a long ass grind for 1% more damage if you want but you'll still lose to the better player.
    difference will be dramatically more in legion compared to wod as time goes on
    /fixed

Quote Originally Posted by unstableone View Post
    /fixed
    You are only looking at a small sample in current game. You are looking at the people that PVP a lot.
    They all have the same gear.
    But it is totally the opposite with new people or people that do not PVP regularly.
    There is a massive power gap ON LIVE between the fresh 100's and the max geared 100's.

In the new legion system, that would be AT max a ~10% power difference.

You are just scared that you won't be able to stomp pvp noobs with your gear advantage, and will need to actually learn to play.

It will be the MOST level playing field we have seen yet.

Oh, the random chance of about ten item levels, or 1% power? Yeah, that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!! /s
    It's still a difference that doesn't exist now, because everyone can farm 27000 conquest before the season finishes. But my main point is: Blizzard introduced "pvp templates" to have a fair and balanced pvp experience, yet they intruduced the extremely long artifact and honor grinds wich makes the balance even worse than wod for fresh 110s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    You are only looking at a small sample in current game. You are looking at the people that PVP a lot.
    But it is totally the opposite with new people or people that do not PVP regularly.
    There is a massive power gap ON LIVE between the fresh 100's and the max geared 100's.

You are just scared that you won't be able to stomp pvp noobs with your gear advantage, and will need to actually learn to play.

I think you are forgetting about the artifact and honor grinds...

I ask you the same question
    but I'm the one who knows what it is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange how people think honour talents will be so crucial when they are adding a way to lose all your talents for a little prestige. If they are so important, who would ever do this?

but I'm the one who knows what it is?
    I'm confused, how was he wrong exactly? Other than it actually being far far less than a 1% boost per item.

10% no gear vs full gear

additional 5%-10% no gear vs 50%+ titanforged/warforged gear

additional 15%-25% fresh artifact vs fully levelled artifact

legion hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I'm confused, how was he wrong exactly
    Oh, the random chance of about ten item levels
    no idea, i'm as confused as you are hehe

??? I want gear to actually not matter = 0.0% difference.

Wod is the most level playing field because of the easy catchup mechanics. Sucks at the start but you quickly catch up to the 10% gap, and then can continue to progress to 0.0% - unlike legion where you will most likely need to be a fotm reroller or cheater for high rating.

Strange how people think honour talents will be so crucial when they are adding a way to lose all your talents for a little prestige. If they are so important, who would ever do this?

I'm confused, how was he wrong exactly? Other than it actually being far far less than a 1% boost per item.
    Have you seen the pvp talents at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Have you seen the pvp talents at all?
    What they are is kind of irrelevant to my point.

What they are is kind of irrelevant to my point.
    It IS relevant because they are really powerful and no competitive pvp player will reset them. Prestige is designed for casual players in mind
    Last edited by Syld; 2016-06-13 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It IS relevant because they are really powerful and no competitive pvp player will reset them. Prestige is designed for casual players in mind
    Or people who really want to test their skills, which sounds like high-end pvp'ers to me. Either way it's pure speculation on both our parts who it's intended for, the important part is that they intend for people to do it in general.

Quote Originally Posted by unstableone View Post
    /fixed
    Why is it ?
    The first tier of PvP talents are expected to come quickly, and progress through the PvP level is not final for some players given the prestige system.
    We can't say how many will or will not prestige, and that may change based on adjustments or later rewards.

Plus the gear argument people are making about a SINGLE SLOT will equate to around a 1% increase per item, rather than the exaggeration we have been getting.
    Even with some potential 20-30% figure ballpark figure thrown around being from the Artifact or PvP talents that is still way less than the impact gear has in the current game, so this idea of some bigger difference is just a lot of hot air.

Depends on the rewards.
    You can't just decide what players will or won't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Either way it's pure speculation on both our parts who it's intended for, the important part is that they intend for people to do it in general.
    its there so people that play 24/7 still have a reason to grind honor after the first month of the expansion, have you never played any game with prestige before?

10+ Year Old Account
    its there so people that play 24/7 still have a reason to grind honor after the first month of the expansion, have you never played any game with prestige before?
    Personally I don't like claiming to know things like this when I obviously do not. Funny that other people have no such qualms.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post

By your statement, then why are we changing wod's gearing system? Clearly the ones putting down time gets rewarded. xD I have no problem with it tho either wod or legion way. But people who say Legion is faster and more fair are not making sense, I can gear an alt in pvp in wod in 1-2 days. Even faster if i buy champion's honor. But apparently it's not good enough catch up system.
    I'm not arguing about wod or legion, I'm talking about the general ideology behind what is being said.

For the sake of conversation let me give you an example you can comprehend, In legion there's a rubberband on ilvl in competitive pvp so to keep the power gap close, also artifact weapons might have higher ilvl than others if leveled up, so a "new" player or someone who supposedly did not play for a while for some reason, wants to suddenly not have a gap vs someone who has been playing from the start ? keep the "skill" argument aside for now, lets assume both players are equally skilled, the one who spent time playing more or doing something in a given path should not have an advantage on someone who just started fresh ?

I still don't understand how people can argue about ilvl, if you played the same amount as someone else you should be rewarded proportionately to how much time you invested ( given same skill level ), the same logic applies to literally EVERYTHING in life , companies, work, school, society... everything.

And suddenly people who are too lazy to play want to argue that some other kid who played more than them has a technical advantage over them ? well duh welcome to the real world, you gotta work your ass off to achieve something instead of sitting on that couch and hoping you suddenly become fit or get rich / whatever.

Blizzard has pampered lazy people so much that said people take everything for granted now, that guy who spent 4 months getting that artifact weapon powered up is dealing more damage than you ? yeah that is the point, if you want artifact power you need to do what he did, there should be no short cuts.

The reward becomes bland when the effort required to attain it is so minimal, this is the root cause of this game degrading, laziness.

PS:I'm not only talking to the person I quoted, pretty much everyone who thinks they should do nothing and get everything.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-06-14 at 12:51 PM.

Personally I don't like claiming to know things like this when I obviously do not. Funny that other people have no such qualms.
    the rewards from prestige are 100% cosmetic
    as you have already pointed out, you lose a massive amount of character power each time you reset your prestige level, until you regrind the honor agin

those two things considered, who do you actually think prestige is aimed at? people that play for an hour a week? or people that queue random bgs 24/7? hint, its not the first option hehe
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-14 at 12:10 AM.