Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You asked if there was a rogue on the mafia team?

Senna is easily my top town read right now. She is for a lot of people, I suspect. It is/was possible I was wrong in that read, but your question seems like a really poor choice of questions to ask if you were hoping to perform a kill last night. The odds were against you that you'd get a "yes" to that question. For someone whose win condition depends on them successfully getting "yes" answers, you have done a bad job of asking questions. But this last revelation makes me think you're lying. About what exactly, I'm not sure (though I have a theory). I don't think Senna's necessarily on your team (I don't get the impression you're trying to town-cred your scum partner), though I cannot ignore that as a possibility. But I don't think you're telling us the truth. To me, that means your confession is probably done in a way to disguise your real intention by lying about what you actually did last night.

I don't think you're a solo SK. This confession feels much more like you're trying to hide your partner. Add to this the fact you claim to have a second ability that is not a kill. Why would you EVER use that? My theory is that you are forced to use that. Your abilities probably cannot be used on consecutive nights. So the night that you are using your "check someone's role" ability, your partner is out attempting to perform a kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually I think I've pretty clearly stated that Senna was the one I trust the least until last night. I was betting that I would get a Yes and I also targeted her for the kill. It was my expectation/hope that I would get a Yes and a kill and when she flipped Mafia I could get some town cred and off the lynch train today. Since that didn't happen I'm throwing my support to town who seems to have a string of bad luck the last few games.

Y'all can say I've done a crap job as SK, but considering I've gotten this far in the game I'm ok with it. I played my role and used my abilities in the way I thought they would benefit me most. The cards were stacked against me from the start. Those of you who have bonus wincons that you've already gotten? I have to get a "yes answer 5 times for my bonus win con so you suck. Knowing that I have "danger targets" I've used my other ability to see if I can determine who might be a bad idea to target. I do have a 1 shot ability to repeat the previous nights action so i could have had one more kill attempt by now but I've opted not to use it until tonight assuming I survive.

Looking back could I have done better? Sure! But that's part of playing the game and learning. At this part I have no reason to hide anything from town. I'm going to lose no matter what so I may as well help the underdogs at this point.

My Bonus wasn't easy to get, I had two chances to disarm, had to pick an enemy and then be first to vote on a succesful lynch.

SK isn't meant to win the game, you are there to wreak havoc. I voted you because nothing about how I felt about you in the game changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I don't think you're a solo SK. This confession feels much more like you're trying to hide your partner. Add to this the fact you claim to have a second ability that is not a kill. Why would you EVER use that? My theory is that you are forced to use that. Your abilities probably cannot be used on consecutive nights. So the night that you are using your "check someone's role" ability, your partner is out attempting to perform a kill.
    Since it still does not explain the cross kill since he's claiming to have not been successful at killing, my previous list remains unchanged. Ana is the one you're either not-so-subtly hinting at or who fits an alternate night kill, and was mentioned strangely as "town points for raza and ana" (to be fair you'd have to suspect me too since i came pretty close to calling this exactly mere hours earlier in the day). I have to have mild suspicion on senna as the other "third-of-a-kind" (see earlier post) especially with claim that senna was his "target" but again that's something we've (read: I've) been burnt on following patterns, though this is stronger. I have to have continued suspicion on Ana for now both alternate kills and/or kill rate vs number of town kills available and/or "town points" callout. Both do fall under WIFOM.

Curious, who did your ability target if you still claim to have asked the question "is there 3 scum factions" and it targets who you ask about?

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Valyrian, while you're here, allowyn detailed her read of you yesterday. What is your opinion of her? Also, who besides clearly robo from the last three days of votes, do you suspect?
    Which one are you referring to?

Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    I'm going to need some clarification on this entire sentence as I'm not even remotely sure what it is you're asking. I must be having a simple day... >_>;;

I originally when I saw this thought; 'fucking easy, quiet as shit and probably an afk lynch'. Then I researched some shit and realised I has just seen nothing memorable from their posts enough to count them as active. I mean somehow I completely missed him post valuating me as scum. Then I go further and see he's posted more but again, still nothing memorable? He repeats a lot of what others have previously said and makes no new points.

Though admittedly there was a tornadoe siren thingy.

And really all I can point out is they pointed out Val voting on the game runner. And he pushed Kurenai a little. Not much but enough to question in passing in #909

( I RETHOUGHT SOME STUFF AND DIDN'T WANA EDIT OUT MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT: SEE BELOW)

So i'm fencing.

Honestly I'm fencing him, you and Senna too much but I don't want to lycnh someone who could be inno and is active at this point.

I do. Mine is more aggressive than his. Also hence my reluctance to claim as I was happy to if pushed right up until Kurenai. I meant I thought Graeham scummy as, as well but I also thought him unnight killable. I figured Kurenai had a chance to be scum and voted for him and that was a mistake. But I then also saw how you all reacted to a more aggressive role addmitance and it makes me very reluctant to say anything.

Unless you mean DnD subtype? In which case sure I guess, i'm not as well rehearsed in that as i'd like to be. Really I'm more comfortable as a Void Born, Stubjack, Renegade, Ship-Lorn, Vengeful, Void-Mistress, Accursed by Name. ;D

YARP. That is an interesting note I didn't notice until now.

Allowyn, Anakso,*Dranxadin,*Dupti, Graeham, Kryllian,*Lysah, Robozerim, Senna,*Uggor, Virothe, a gibbering orblet, a pseudodragon and a wolf were seen in the area before the light quickly faded.

• Allowyn – I said my peice
    • Anakso – The fuck were you illuminated for. As far as I can tell you're neutral but upon closer inspection that's pretty sus there friend. Anakso; why would you have been seen doing a thing on the night Dranxadin and Lysah died? I mean, no need to claim or anything, I wouldn't wanna give maf any ideas but we did have two town kills that night and you've made no comment so far as I can tell on why you were out and about. So I'm curious and wanting an answer.
    • Kryallian – I am now leaning towards hella sus. Previous comments aside. I mean he could have ben thrown into a illusioned spotlight but also from what I can see of his posts he hasn't done much to gain town cred. (I am fully aware this sentence makes me a hypocrite but with my now free time I'm trying to rectify my mistakes and give everyone else more to work off as best I can.)
    • Robozerim – AFK policy lynch.
    • Senna – I'm still way not sure. Senna; why would you have been seen doing a thing on the night Dranxadin and Lysah died? I mean, no need to claim or anything, I wouldn't wanna give maf any ideas but we did have two town kills that night and you've made no comment so far as I can tell on why you were out and about. So I'm curious and wanting an answer.
    • Virothe. SO MUCH NOT SURE. why would you have been seen doing a thing on the night Dranxadin and Lysah died? I mean, no need to claim or anything, I wouldn't wanna give maf any ideas but we did have two town kills that night and you've made no comment so far as I can tell on why you were out and about. So I'm curious and wanting an answer.

Yes I repeated the same thing for three people. I want some answers before I push anything else.

Also, I'm going to put more into this tomorrow night. I shoulda been asleep 2 hours ago. Oops.

Probably because Kruenai and I won the last game? Idk if I was in the framing position I'd find someone to latch onto the entire time who to always blame for my nightly comings and goings. I mean, I half expected to by lynched when Senna brought up my alcoholic tendencies based entirely off my previous habits from the last game I was in as that is the way these games seem to go?

So yeah, purely because I was mafia last game and won it.

(Funnily enough Senna is on the above list and was the one to bring this up?)

Stick around for games with me and I'll have way better ones. That was a 12am comment after a long work day. I feel as if I'm almost cheating you out on some pure Allowyn gold. Or chocolate. Depends on what you find more valuable.

AND WITH THAT.

I'm going to bed. I'm so tired. Anything you ask me I'll have to answer tomorrow but it's a full day of work on huge day so I'm not sure if I'll be able to say anything until about 8pm AEST.

Again; will vote Robo this time tomorrow night if we haven't hammered him in yet because fuck AFK.
    So what you're saying is we lynch either Val or myself and see who turns up red/green then go from there? (JOKES BECAUSE THAT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA AND WE CANNOT AFFORD A MISLYNCH and I'm still sure neither of us is an Anti-Pally.
    With my class you would know if I was out on night 2 because I would have admitted it to the day thread before. I would have to have as part of my role and win conditions. I chose not to say anything because I figured no-one cared about it but you. Everyone was going for how everyone else was acting over the clues given to us in the thread. Maybe you and I should put our heads together to have a go at that?

This is exactly why I'm not voting right now. If I vote anyone it's gonna be Robo for his afk'ness. And even then won't be until around this time tomorrow night to make sure I get a vote in before I sleep and day change over happens.

A) what does “putting val 3p over you on red” mean?
    B) I would think both Paladins would be town. I mean it wouldn't make sense to have a scum Paladin unless they'd flipped like, idk. Oathbreaker or Anti-Paladin? Which then wouldn't make sense with either of us. I'm sure you're cautious but I'm just saying.

Given there's still 13 of us left; it would make sense to more than one scum group. I mean we started out with like 26 or something. But like I said; I'm not sure. So I'm going to hold for now.
    So. Taken me a while. I'm gonna post long here.

Okay so a lot of people who were beaning read as a general all around as town were people you were, from how I saw it, a strong lynch for. And then when it came to a number of other kills who were scum you last minute switched to secure the lynch if nothing else. (In the instance of the Arialla/Largehorn fiasco). So you could be a scum invest going after key town roles? (I englished that so goodly the first time around.)

I bet there's probably 2 of every class, but as to what is and isn't scum I wouldn't have a clue. I mean we have Arialla and Jynx who allegedly have the same abilities. I know my abilities are similar to Val's but in a more night proactive way. His however seem to be far stricter than mine I guess?

Yeah look. We can't afford a town lynch right now, even with the mafia death. But we also can't afford anyone afk. So obviously Robo should be the next lynch target. For no other reason than his afkness could cause us to require an active majority lynch which may not end up happening depending on how many scum we still have alive. So better to nail a coffin now on someone who could be an afk town to better be safe later.

Also. From what I understand the afk'ness needs to be stamped the fuck out in the MMO-C mafia circle. So, come down hard on it or risk more mafia wins from it. That was the entire reason we won the last one.

So with Dendrek I'm legit not sure what his affiliation is. But with his activity, the lymerics and poems he's writing for the game, and just the attention to detail he's put in I wouldn't want to discourage something like that with a death.

If he gets to be 100% proven scum I'm all for lynching him but even if there's a shadow of a doubt I wanna make sure he stays alive. So I can get a good death song if nothing else.

The way his claim is worded, it's similar to mine. honestly mine I would see in the thread and think "SCUM" but the lying to the thread or lose favour with your diety? That's such a fucking handicap in a game like this. And it's gotta be csomething he's had to manage so carefully and recheck everything as best he could.

Also depends on how far it could go. Like, how many boundaries are you allowed to push there? Is it counting as a lie as a half lie, can you tell only a portion of the truth as your choosing, etc.

I am basing this on believing Val completely and also knowing that what the reveals of the previous night are are not always correct. Take for example something you're always bringing up.

I know for a fact I was not out on that night, for 3 reasons I'm not going to mention. So I'm assuming what happened to Arialla happened to me. Unless of course she does turn out to be mafia in which case cover me in honey and lynch me in front of a beehive because that would be a surprise and a half to me. It's just a massive gut feeling I have that she and Val and Xan are completely town.

NOW TO SOME REAL POINTS REGARDING TODAY:

I've been working on this all night between raids and hanging with mates. Anakso your Catta vote makes some sense. The randomness of Day 1 seemed so off to me but then I figurfed why both sheeping him if he was your own teammate so I've left him alone since. But he has seem to have flown under the radar.

On the other hand it also does come out of nowhere as it's been ages since that was a train of thought we could follow, and you never brought up more evidence with it? And then everything that Crackle said in the lower half of #1144 is far better put than I could do any of it.

HOWEVER. I will refrain from voting on you as I wish to hear your response first.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Which one are you referring to?
    Um all? Does it matter? I'm just asking you to give me your read of her since she has shown up (yesterday, not today) and provided answers/reads as requested. And part two isn't related.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i asked "is this game using 3 or more non-town factions (i.e., Mafia, Wolf, SK, Lich/Cultist, etc.)" and I targeted Dendrek. I was avoiding anyone who had a claim of being spell based (Catta as Warlock which I had learned earlier and Kurenai who claimed Paladin as they tend to negate spirits and such.) As a bard he seemed like the least likely to be a danger for me to target.

ya sorry i reread and i misinterpreted the way it worked. You submit both and they dont have to be the same/related, but you still asked about rogue and targeted senna both (per your claim).

10+ Year Old Account
    Im weary to place a vote at the moment. Since i think we are at lylo or very, very close. I am a Cleric of the light. My abilites are pretty much the same as Virothe.

7+ Year Old Account
    I put all my bets on Senna being a rogue on the mafia team last night. It was my last ditch effort to stay hidden a little longer. I debated revealing my role yesterday in the final hours but i was playing D&D in real life and trying to balance watching this game on my phone. Posting a long post on being an SK was impossible while fighting a wraith with my other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Im weary to place a vote at the moment. Since i think we are at lylo or very, very close. I am a Cleric of the light. My abilites are pretty much the same as Virothe.
    Virothe explained his abilities? Who did you protect (except for last night), if you can shed any light (pun intended) on nights/missing kills? Also he claimed a specific god "Tempest" vs you're claiming "of the light".

No he didn't claim a god, Tempest Cleric is a variation of cleric, they are more melee based

7+ Year Old Account
    Virothe explained his abilities? Who did you protect (except for last night), if you can shed any light (pun intended) on nights/missing kills? Also he claimed a specific god "Tempest" vs you're claiming "of the light".
    Thanks for the reminder. I was going to ask Virothe who he protected last night. He claimed he protected Xanj several nights in a row but apparently not last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    words words words while fighting a wraith with my other team.
    My group hates it when i throw incorporeal 50% miss at them, and they actively take ghost touch weapons/gear now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    No he didn't claim a god, Tempest Cleric is a variation of cleric, they are more melee based
    Tempest is a god in D&D. Standard format is "Cleric of Tempest" or "Cleric of Cyric" or "Cleric of Mystra" or the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no god mentioned. My spell n2 was "Corona of Light". Which was my special spell. Other than that i can heal, block actions (warding flare - bonus win con was too block 2 actiona in one night).

Er ok this could be a 5e thing -- did they make a class called "Tempest Cleric"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why i was curious when virothe claimed if scum had duplicate roles.

Since it still does not explain the cross kill since he's claiming to have not been successful at killing, my previous list remains unchanged. Ana is the one you're either not-so-subtly hinting at or who fits an alternate night kill, and was mentioned strangely as "town points for raza and ana" (to be fair you'd have to suspect me too since i came pretty close to calling this exactly mere hours earlier in the day). I have to have mild suspicion on senna as the other "third-of-a-kind" (see earlier post) especially with claim that senna was his "target" but again that's something we've (read: I've) been burnt on following patterns, though this is stronger. I have to have continued suspicion on Ana for now both alternate kills and/or kill rate vs number of town kills available and/or "town points" callout. Both do fall under WIFOM.

Curious, who did your ability target if you still claim to have asked the question "is there 3 scum factions" and it targets who you ask about?
    I'll respond to this after more people have responded to Kryllian's claim. I will say though that my intention was not to "not-so-subtly" only point at Anakso.

Ok post a google search i think i retract my initial second part question -- apparently in 5e there's a class actually called tempest cleric. And thank you for answering, but virothe still didn't claim anything more than "i protected xanjori" iirc. I may be missing a post or you may have been talking in generalities, so i may let this alone for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'll respond to this after more people have responded to Kryllian's claim. I will say though that my intention was not to "not-so-subtly" only point at Anakso.
    Ok i'll await. 20 hours left for reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much in agreement with crackle about this potentially being lylo so voting kryll Serbs stupid to me even more so now, however his revelation about Catta has made me interested in Catta again. Any explanation Catta?