View Poll Results: How would YOU stop radical firearm events in America from occurring?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • I'd ban guns and force removal of them being sold/owned.

39 30.71%
  • I'd force everyone to arm themselves and learn how to use a gun

16 12.60%
  • I'd go to war with that country/individual

2 1.57%
  • I'd leave it as it is

12 9.45%
  • I'd remove that group of individual from the country

8 6.30%
  • I'd let the state decide

1 0.79%
  • I'd let the government decide what to do

3 2.36%
  • I'd reinforce law enforcement in specific places.

7 5.51%
  • I'd put in more security

2 1.57%
  • I'd wear protective gear at all times.

1 0.79%
  • OTHER

36 28.35%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    When we had our gun ban/buyback, it didn't melt every gun in the country, but still we haven't had a mass shooting since 1997. Meanwhile there were 372 mass shootings in the US in 2015... you don't have to melt every gun, just make them a lot harder to come by.
    Except, you know, 372 figure is pure bullshit.

Federal government says 25 in 2013, the lastest year they have data for. You took that figure from Mass shooting Tracker that basis it off of nerwspaper clippings. Not exactly scientific

294 "mass shootings" with 380 deaths... do the math.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2016-06-13 at 11:47 PM.

I'd let the gov't decide because I trust in a higher power.

When we had our gun ban/buyback, it didn't melt every gun in the country, but still we haven't had a mass shooting since 1997. Meanwhile there were 372 mass shootings in the US in 2015... you don't have to melt every gun, just make them a lot harder to come by.
    No, there was not 372 mass shootings in the USa in 2015. Quit using those bogus numbers Bloombergs group use where they count airsoft guns, or a shooting where one person is shot but people witnessed it. Its a very bogus statistic
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Change the guns so instead of firing bullets, the fire bubbles instead... Okay, in all seriousness, I'm not sure, ban them, maybe.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Expect, you know, 372 figure is pure bullshit.

Federal government says 25 in 2013, the lastest year they have data for. You took that figure from Mass shooting Tracker that basis it off of nerwspaper clippings. Not exactly scientific

294 "mass shootings" with 380 deaths... do the math.
    HE knows. He used those numbers all the time in the Gun control thread, but like most anti-gun types, real facts get in the way of their agenda and their emotions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Change the guns so instead of firing bullets, the fire bubbles instead... Okay, in all seriousness, I'm not sure, ban them, maybe.
    Bubbles of Hydrochloric Acid or Napalm
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Mass shootings are generally categorized as where the attacker does not know his victims. Its a rampage event. Gang violence and domestic violence doesn't count. Usually the parts of the act know each other.
    Last edited by Wthrmn; 2016-06-13 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Getting thoughts across is hard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How would YOU stop radical firearm events in America from occurring? Would you ban guns? Teach and arm everyone with a gun? Keep it as it is? Only allow certain people with guns? Etc

I would work to increase education and reduce poverty. I would also like to see mental illness treated instead of ignored.

Sadly for some reason, none of these are option on your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wthrmn View Post
    Mass shootings are generally categorized as where the attacker does not know his victims. Its a rampage event.
    Guess that explains why they don't consider Chicago an ongoing threat.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

The problem with banning firearm ownership is that criminals don't follow laws. Ironically, the states with the strongest gun control laws tend to have the most gun violence and the most illegal guns. I do, however, think that getting a gun license should be more than just an application and background check. Buying and keeping a gun should require firearm safety and proficiency classes in order to get a license and proof of recurrent training and meeting a safe and proficient standard in order to renew should be required. Car owners are required to carry insurance and so should gun owners.

Sorry for being ignorant on American gun laws, but how easy is it to buy an automatic firearm? Not that it matters if its auto/semi/bolt, just wondering.
    Join the army they said,
    See the world they said,
    I'd rather be sailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Kill all Americans seems the most sane choice to me
    hope this is a joke but on this website with the hatred of American you never can tell
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
    Sorry for being ignorant on American gun laws, but how easy is it to buy an automatic firearm? Not that it matters if its auto/semi/bolt, just wondering.
    A stock automatic fire arm is VERY hard to come by. Something manipulated into an automatic weapon is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wthrmn View Post
    Where did you find this out at? I have yet to hear anything about armed guards.

It has been in the news everywhere armed uniformed law enforcement officer as security guard this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    very hard and extremely expensive takes about a year to get the license and a intensive background check for each one you want, you also can not buy a new one it has to be one already in circulation causeing them to be extremely expensive.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    More regulation. "self defense" "because I want one" "target practice on my yard" would no longer be good enough reasons to be granted a permit. Mandatory mental health check when applying for one, and the permit must be renewed every few years. Mandatory training too. 15 years jail for illegal weapon, and 5 extra for each full "magazine" of ammo you have for it (depends on the gun obviously).

That'll be a start.
    Why should a Constitutional right require a permit? Do you require a permit for free speech? How about a permit to require a warrant to search your person? Does the press require a permit to print a newspaper or create a news program or documentary?

Next to impossible as you have to get through the FBI and BATFE. No travelling across state lines, only able to purchase weapons from before May of 1986, and even then it's at 12,000 dollars.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

This is like asking how are you going to stop murder. You can't.

Some idiot wants to kill a bunch of people in a nightclub? He might try to shoot the place up.
    *somehow* all guns have been taken away? He'll poison everyone.
    You, uh, banned poison? Well then, he'll stab as many people as he can!
    Shit, you banned anything sharp?! Well then, he's burning that place down.
    Better get on banning fire.

You CAN'T get rid of guns. They are simple. The design is simple. You can make them yourself. You can 3D print them. You can just make them out of metal. I'm pretty sure coke has been 'banned' for awhile (idk I'll have to check the wiki >.>). That shit's still around.

You can only punish those who use them to take freedom away from others. You're quite literally trying stop all murder forever. Good luck! And I mean that, that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It has been in the news everywhere armed uniformed law enforcement officer as security guard this evening.
    Can't link a source? NVM I found one. Source One off duty police officer to protect 300 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Why should a Constitutional right require a permit? Do you require a permit for free speech? How about a permit to require a warrant to search your person? Does the press require a permit to print a newspaper or create a news program or documentary?
    Sounds like time to rewrite it then, if that's the crying point against any change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    HE knows. He used those numbers all the time in the Gun control thread, but like most anti-gun types, real facts get in the way of their agenda and their emotions

- - - Updated - - -

Bubbles of Hydrochloric Acid or Napalm
    Is it possible to maybe, you know, mix them both together?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!