Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Got to admit the redesigned archimonde trinket for holy is pretty good now. If there are no ilvl changes then at 745 it increases heal and flash heal healing by ~25%, it's currently at 20% on 720.
    Where can I find info on this redesign? Is it on live? I totally missed this somehow.

Does the holy priests artifact have any hidden ability?

This is the most likely candidate for the hidden ability, although i've never actually seen it in action so it might not be working quite yet:

T'uure's Light

Deleted
    Are priests currently or very near being top dog in mythic and extremely high end mythic 5mans? Their main problem in the past was that they had garbage throughput (ie coefficients were 20-30% lower than everyone, THANKS GRACE BUFF!) and shields of course.

Now that discs don't shield as much and paladins dont get their 0 brain shields, and holy coefficients are actually higher than everyone elses and got some good perks(holy words not being useless), are they topping the meters/tier 1 healers?

Deleted
    Im not going to start throwing around "tier lists" for healers because thats going to give people entirely the wrong impression, especially while we are still in a tuning stage, But i would confidently say that holy priests are in a very strong place and solid healers in any PvE content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Are priests currently or very near being top dog in mythic and extremely high end mythic 5mans? Their main problem in the past was that they had garbage throughput (ie coefficients were 20-30% lower than everyone, THANKS GRACE BUFF!) and shields of course.

Now that discs don't shield as much and paladins dont get their 0 brain shields, and holy coefficients are actually higher than everyone elses and got some good perks(holy words not being useless), are they topping the meters/tier 1 healers?
    IMO they're second to druids. Hots are amazing in legion due to the healing model (low spike damage), and druids mobility - and priests lack of - pushes druid over the edge. Holy priests have amazing throughput and tools to cover everything needed for mythic ++ though, but unless a number tuning patch completely screws druids or buffs hpriest i suspect it'll stay this way. Currently though, tier 1 healers for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc5b050738a4; 2016-06-13 at 12:17 PM.

Druids have been nerfed already couple patches ago, the only weakness a holy priest has over a resto druid is survivability because you have to use desperate prayer instead of a movement skill instead otherwise the healing is one the same level if not better.

Druids have been nerfed already couple patches ago, the only weakness a holy priest has over a resto druid is survivability because you have to use desperate prayer instead of a movement skill instead otherwise the healing is one the same level if not better.
    Priests can get a self ress with the Spirit of Redemption Artifact tho.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Priests can get a self ress with the Spirit of Redemption Artifact tho.
    iirc its a legendary item on 10 min CD. So it would be taking up your 1 legendary slot you have open at the start instead of one that will benefit you more and more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The horrid green is listed as a known issue

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Addon textures are disabled and appear green.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745064576#9

fix for all legion addons with green texture issues.

... and I just realized that's basically a necro reply. sorry..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    iirc its a legendary item on 10 min CD. So it would be taking up your 1 legendary slot you have open at the start instead of one that will benefit you more and more often.
    In theory you could trivialize heavy damage phases completely on your own in combination with the afterlife talent.
    Imho you should treat the cloak as a 10 minute healing cooldown, not as a survavibility option, even though a much lower cooldown would be appreciated to really plan with it for every attempt. And if you do so, thats a huge benefit.

Has Blizzard back-tracked on their claim of looking into disabling Legendaries for the first few weeks of new raids?

I keep seeing (here, and other threads) people discussing how important Legendaries will be, and what talent choices go with which piece, and how to spec one's Artifact...

Did I miss something?

Anyways...for those on Beta...which 2 trinkets are you looking at farming come launch? Bottled Hurricane feels OP when it's at 10 stacks and has been very helpful in running Mythic+'s. For the second, I'm kind of torn. The Mastery proc one is OK, I guess (because passive INT) and the mana-regen one seems nice paired with SoL and Trail of Light (procs off both Flash Heals, but not 100% sure you get double mana back), and the Nether Anti-Toxin just seems like a generic extra heal with a minor DPS boost.

Deleted
    Can confirm that you DO get mana back from each proc with trail of light.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, guys, with the prepatch on the PTR and multistrike going byebye, I was wondering what our new stat weight is going to look like for those of us who will still be running stuff up until 7.0.1 drops? I've heard -

Haste
    Mastery
    Crit
    Versatility

Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    Hey, guys, with the prepatch on the PTR and multistrike going byebye, I was wondering what our new stat weight is going to look like for those of us who will still be running stuff up until 7.0.1 drops? I've heard -

Haste
    Mastery
    Crit
    Versatility

Thanks.
    With the level of gear you will (presumably) be rocking at this point in an expansion that seems fair, but that will not be the case going forward into legion with haste falling down giving you Mastery>Crit>Vers>Haste

However i will stand by to be corrected by Isheria who will be able to give a more definite answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post

Haste
    Mastery
    Crit
    Versatility

Thanks.
    Haste is now the lowest secondary stat because renew spamming is pretty much dead. Mastery is now the best stat for aoe healing since almost all of your healing will come from direct heals (Flash Heal/Heal/Prayer of Healing/Prayer of Mending/Serenity/Sanctify + talents) which receive full mastery benefit.
    While at level 100 you don't have the artifact and thus the artifact traits that boost crit considerably, crit is still the 2nd stat in the priority it is excellent for single target and fairly strong for aoe healing because more crits means more Echo of Light healing.
    Versatility is roughly the same as before not something you actively seek but it's nice to have.
    Haste is something you want the least, renew is severely nerfed and there's no circle of healing cd reduction mechanic anymore thus decreasing majorly the value this stat has, the primary use for haste is reducing your circle of healing (if talented) and prayer of mending cooldowns to an acceptable level since they have been increased but are now reduced by haste. I currently recommend roughly around 11-12% haste don't need much more than this.

And with all the above summed up you end up with the following stat priority:

1) Int
    2) Mastery
    3) Crit
    4) Versatility
    5) Haste

So how fast is leveling as a holy priest? I mean open world / questing content. Since it is part of leveling your artifact and i want to have my artifact as strong as possible early i NEED to level as holy and spam smite. Right?
    So how much longer do normal mobs live compared to a dps spec?

Deleted
    Last time i played beta, haste still lowered Mending and CoH cooldowns, is it gone ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfu View Post
    Last time i played beta, haste still lowered Mending and CoH cooldowns, is it gone ?
    This is still true (see Isherias post on the previous page)

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So how fast is leveling as a holy priest? I mean open world / questing content. Since it is part of leveling your artifact and i want to have my artifact as strong as possible early i NEED to level as holy and spam smite. Right?
    So how much longer do normal mobs live compared to a dps spec?
    It is possible to level as shadow and "bank" the artifact power items for your holy weapon HOWEVER! this does not mean it is faster!

Leveling as shadow you will gain very little benifit from the artifact due to not investing any power into it (which is were all the bonus's come from) however by levelling as holy and immediatly investing your points and unlocked upgrades you also improve your damage, each unlock on holies weapon gives a 1% increase in damage and by level 110 you will typically have 14 unlocks (14% extra damage)

I leveled as holy 100-102 then tried shadow. The mobs barely died any faster but i had increased downtime due to not being able to pop a quick renew/serenity on myself while moving and had to resort to spamming 5-6 shadow mends to top myself off.

at 110 i was putting out 90k dps with a level 14 holy artifact, compared to 92k with a level 0 shadow artifact.

TLDR: You can level as shadow, it will be more fun but not faster. Leveling as holy is 100% viable and not a disadvantage (except in that the dps rotation is pretty dull)

- - - Updated - - -

Haste is now the lowest secondary stat because renew spamming is pretty much dead. Mastery is now the best stat for aoe healing since almost all of your healing will come from direct heals (Flash Heal/Heal/Prayer of Healing/Prayer of Mending/Serenity/Sanctify + talents) which receive full mastery benefit.
    While at level 100 you don't have the artifact and thus the artifact traits that boost crit considerably, crit is still the 2nd stat in the priority it is excellent for single target and fairly strong for aoe healing because more crits means more Echo of Light healing.
    Versatility is roughly the same as before not something you actively seek but it's nice to have.
    Haste is something you want the least, renew is severely nerfed and there's no circle of healing cd reduction mechanic anymore thus decreasing majorly the value this stat has, the primary use for haste is reducing your circle of healing (if talented) and prayer of mending cooldowns to an acceptable level since they have been increased but are now reduced by haste. I currently recommend roughly around 11-12% haste don't need much more than this.

And with all the above summed up you end up with the following stat priority:

1) Int
    2) Mastery
    3) Crit
    4) Versatility
    5) Haste
    Is this still true at level 100 with mythic HFC gear? In previous expansions "pre-patch" healers have always ended up having an infinite mana pool. If that is the case would there be any benifit in going haste purely for increased cast time; more casts, more stacking mastery, more serendipity but without the major downside of the increased mana usage?

Now obviously if the changes mean healers do need to actually care about mana in pre-patch then this is an entirely moot point but something worth thinking about/looking at on PTR?