Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly, if the person is really bad, I've taken to just reporting them now. It's getting to be a bit ridiculous to have people cursing out others, wishing death upon them, and then just dropping the match.

Although I do laugh whenever I see someone say "Lucky" in response to being killed. They usually have no reaction to my rebuttal of "there's no RNG".

Welcome to the internet!

Let the flame begin

Yeah I'm really enjoying this game but I wish Blizzard wouldn't have gone with a text chat. Voice chat is fine since people are usually more restrained when they don't have their anonymity to hide behind.
    Every other game you play has some kid amped up on testosterone bitching on other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    Social - Recent Players <right click> Avoid this player.

And turn off match chat. One massive plus in my books is that Overwatch has this feature. +1 Blizz

Because there has always been, and always will be 'toxic' or 'salty' players. As has been stated already, it's almost a part of competitive games to try and bait other players for reactions. Just seems that as online gaming has evolved the level of insults get worse.
    To be honest, I'm not sure this feature works as I've marked several people with this and I still end up in games where I recognize people I know I have put this on. After seeing them 2 or 3 more times I usually put them on ignore though and that seems to work.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

10+ Year Old Account

This is from a couple of days ago, but I thought it funny enough to grab a pic and it still amuses me now. I wasn't even playing that well.

I am that one wich is the toxiest

Deleted
    all i say if we lose is noobs or L2P i dnt go full rage mode if anything its more frustration than pure zerker rage anger

Tbh I haven't had that many toxic players. I don't get down with the reporting or avoiding players crap. I love getting revenge on shit talkers. The only time I report, is when someone afk griefs or purposely throws, but that's rare. I don't even mute people, unless they are screaming/really obnoxious. If you are constantly feeling the need to report or mute people, maybe you are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.
    You've never played online games before ?

The saltyness is everywhere, can't be avoided.

I have noticed at least a handful of the ones in the official US forums have mentioned being LoL players. So much for adamant claims of some that B2P would keep toxic LoL out and toxic players in general.

I have also noticed is that console players are being kept out of US forums to curb trolling on claims of lack of ability to associate accounts as legit while EU forums which require just a battle.net account are doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    this game is frustrating cos lil kids justrun off and do what they want
    Toxic behavior also includes people who assume that other players are "lil kids" that just do what they want. If you want a higher organized group to play with stop using the random group button.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.
    Most of the people who use the word toxic are actually the toxic players so I really refuse to even believe what you are saying tbh. Apparently in most Blizzard games AND LoL it's toxic to politely give someone pointers. So yeah going to assume you are in fact the toxic one.

Deleted
    call of overwatch/ overwatch of duty

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe some people are just tired of seeing two widow makers and refusing to swap to tank/support when it could win the game except be shitter sniper that makes the game 4v6

Turn off chat - never see another salty player again. You don't really need chat to win, plus I normally play with at least one friend, which is more than another to give an advantage in pubs.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    Anonymity + instant gratification + anti-social gameplay = playerbase.
    It has never been anything else. There was never a golden age of online playing. Give a person something to hide behind and their true nature is revealed.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

The only time I ever get genuinely toxic is when people play retarded shit like 4x Junkrat or whatever with a premade just to mess around.

Aslong as everyone is trying their hardest to win I'll keep my mouth shut, come at me with your 'I just play to have fun' garbage and I'll insult you for the entire match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The only time I ever get genuinely toxic is when people play retarded shit like 4x Junkrat or whatever with a premade just to mess around.

Aslong as everyone is trying their hardest to win I'll keep my mouth shut, come at me with your 'I just play to have fun' garbage and I'll insult you for the entire match.
    if people wanna play for fun they should try AI medium or hard