Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Has fist weapon transmogging been fixed yet?

Question for those in beta.

Fists from axes/swords/maces and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret990
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

Nope, fists stay fists only.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    fists will only be interchangeable w/other weps when and IF they ever change the specialized wep animations tied to fists / daggers. That is what prevents them from being allowed w/the other 1-hd'd wep types.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

What do you mean by "fixed"? It's not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    fists will only be interchangeable w/other weps when and IF they ever change the specialized wep animations tied to fists / daggers. That is what prevents them from being allowed w/the other 1-hd'd wep types.
    Guns/bows can be transmogged into each other. I think the different animation reasoning is invalid in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    My enhancement shaman only rocks fist weapons, I have no interest in using maces. Fist weapons should be included in the transmog pool for one handers.
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyson View Post
    Guns/bows can be transmogged into each other. I think the different animation reasoning is invalid in this case.
    It's probably invalid for daggers (I stand by my theory that daggers are only locked because Blizzard doesn't want Assassination/Subtlety transmogging their daggers into anything else), but it could be true for fists since unarmed animations are fairly different and there's no good reason not to unlock them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    polearms/staves from other 2 handers say hi....different animations there but it works....
    darque

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It's probably invalid for daggers (I stand by my theory that daggers are only locked because Blizzard doesn't want Assassination/Subtlety transmogging their daggers into anything else), but it could be true for fists since unarmed animations are fairly different and there's no good reason not to unlock them otherwise.
    Oh the other one is staves/polearms into 2h axes/maces/swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the other one is staves/polearms into 2h axes/maces/swords.
    Yeah. That's why I think the reason is pretty bullshit for the most part. I don't see why else they would lock fists though, unlike daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    My enhancement shaman only rocks fist weapons, I have no interest in using maces. Fist weapons should be included in the transmog pool for one handers.
    Fist weapons use different animations than other 1H weapons, which is why you can't transmog them. It's not "broken", the restriction is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Fist weapons use different animations than other 1H weapons, which is why you can't transmog them. It's not "broken", the restriction is intentional.
    You missed the point. Bows/guns can be swapped, different animations same with staves/polearms with 2h axes/mace/swords. The animation excuse isn't valid.

- - - Updated - - -

first one is wrong, as there is no special "gun animation" it is simply a animation that appears with a default shoot animation, gun, bow, crossbow, it still fires a projectile of lightning for example, however imagine something like fists of fury with a fist weapon, looks fine, but then changes into dagger... they would need to change the animation or you would just be punching them with your daggers pointing into the air

so please do some research/animation checking before trying to invalidate something, a gun and a bow are able to fire the same "projectile animations" and those are not effected by what the weapon is

now if the animation required you lets say one handing your weapon, a second one appearing in your offhand, that would work for gun, but bow and crossbow would require brand new animations as they would look super akward

guns and bow animations are just the auto shoot animations with the special animation ontop

Welp too bad, do you do a raid and go "oh this item is 50 ilvl better then my fists... but its maces so nah"

no because thats stupid, since the dawn of time we have been forced to use the better weapon, not the cooler weapon, atleast with tmog you have the choice of multiple types of that

you could use dual maces, axes, your choice, but dont try to act as if this is any differant then before

(ive used staves my whole life of wow basicly)

- - - Updated - - -

You missed the point. Bows/guns can be swapped, different animations same with staves/polearms with 2h axes/mace/swords. The animation excuse isn't valid.
    except a polearm/stave are held the same, daggers and fist weapons are not, you stab enemies with the front of your hands using a fist weapon, but when your use a dagger you stab with the top of your hand

when you use a fist weapon you punch

do you also stab people by holding a dagger and punching?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    first one is wrong, as there is no special "gun animation"

except a polearm/stave are held the same, daggers and fist weapons are not, you stab enemies with the front of your hands using a fist weapon, but when your use a dagger you stab with the top of your hand
    Bows and guns/crossbows use different animations. Staffs/polearms and two-handed swords/axes/maces use different animations. Yet those sets can be transmogged between each other and they swap animations appropriately. That's why the animation reason seems bogus.

first one is wrong, as there is no special "gun animation" it is simply a animation that appears with a default shoot animation, gun, bow, crossbow, it still fires a projectile of lightning for example, however imagine something like fists of fury with a fist weapon, looks fine, but then changes into dagger... they would need to change the animation or you would just be punching them with your daggers pointing into the air

so please do some research/animation checking before trying to invalidate something, a gun and a bow are able to fire the same "projectile animations" and those are not effected by what the weapon is

now if the animation required you lets say one handing your weapon, a second one appearing in your offhand, that would work for gun, but bow and crossbow would require brand new animations as they would look super akward

guns and bow animations are just the auto shoot animations with the special animation ontop

Welp too bad, do you do a raid and go "oh this item is 50 ilvl better then my fists... but its maces so nah"

no because thats stupid, since the dawn of time we have been forced to use the better weapon, not the cooler weapon, atleast with tmog you have the choice of multiple types of that

you could use dual maces, axes, your choice, but dont try to act as if this is any differant then before

(ive used staves my whole life of wow basicly)

- - - Updated - - -

when you use a fist weapon you punch

do you also stab people by holding a dagger and punching?
    ...except the animations are different....take a draenei for example....they like to toss their polearms in the air, spin them, catch and swing like a bat in one motion....they dont do that with axes....

darque

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Lol, tell that to all the druids who have used staves/polarms for the past 12 years only to be told that in Legion their artifact will be invisible fist weapons >.>

Quote Originally Posted by darque56 View Post
    ...except the animations are different....take a draenei for example....they like to toss their polearms in the air, spin them, catch and swing like a bat in one motion....they dont do that with axes....

darque
    those animations are being removed so >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Lol, tell that to all the druids who have used staves/polarms for the past 12 years only to be told that in Legion their artifact will be invisible fist weapons >.>
    what? since when? the two caster specs for druid are staves, and both will be visable, the fists/daggers are for bear and cat, where you dont see them, so they get new customized forms

- - - Updated - - -

Gun/Bow animations were likely fixed from the start due to the interchangeability of them.
    The transmog interchangeability was likely due to the sound preferences which resulted in a number of sound replacements for the guns.

For weapons where that interchangeability was not intended from the start it isn't as simple, not least where gameplay and abilities were designed around just that one option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Question for those in beta.

Fists from axes/swords/maces and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrenna View Post
    Nope, fists stay fists only.
    Fists stay Fists.
    Daggers stay Daggers.
    Wands stay Wands.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    what? since when? the two caster specs for druid are staves, and both will be visable, the fists/daggers are for bear and cat, where you dont see them, so they get new customized forms
    You still see them when not in form, and neither spec has ever dual-wielded so it's a completely different look from before.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    To be fair, you weren't able to see your staff/polearm when you were in cat/bear form either lol