View Poll Results: How would YOU stop radical firearm events in America from occurring?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • I'd ban guns and force removal of them being sold/owned.

39 30.71%
  • I'd force everyone to arm themselves and learn how to use a gun

16 12.60%
  • I'd go to war with that country/individual

2 1.57%
  • I'd leave it as it is

12 9.45%
  • I'd remove that group of individual from the country

8 6.30%
  • I'd let the state decide

1 0.79%
  • I'd let the government decide what to do

3 2.36%
  • I'd reinforce law enforcement in specific places.

7 5.51%
  • I'd put in more security

2 1.57%
  • I'd wear protective gear at all times.

1 0.79%
  • OTHER

36 28.35%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I live in a community of tens of thousands of people. The average income is below $30k and almost everyone owns multiple guns. Our murder rate is less than 1 a year.

We should have to turn our guns in because urban dumbasses can't control themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    well I use my guns almost every weekend but have never shot anyone.
    LOL.. Yup.. I just spent 4 hours at the range this weekend firing upwards of 500 rounds and never killed a single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, I noticed when I went back to look closer at the sources of the text I remembered. Gun control doesn't prevent suicide, people that want to die can always find ways.
    Well, you could also say that gun control doesn't prevent mass murders, people can always find ways - an example is a guy in a Chinese province who a few years ago stabbed, if I remember correctly, over a dozen people with a knife. Or a guy who executed the terrorist attack in Boston with a bomb.

The thing is, in my opinion, it is not about gun law, it is about the society. In Switzerland the gun law is pretty flexible, but you don't hear of mass shootings from there. In the US, the society is much more violent than in Europe in general, and even if we ignore the gun violence, other kinds of violence are also much higher than in Europe. The guns are not the core problem, they just add to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I can't help but to laugh when your promising presidential candidates are either racist and corporate owned "businessman" or corporate owned career politician.

What merit? None you mean? You have nepotism at finest there. If you know people higher up, you go higher up regardless of your skills. If you have skills but no connections, then merit wont do you much.
    It's hard for outsiders to understand but we are a meritocracy, more so than others. If you look at Blizzards European WoW forum and then look at Blizzards US WoW forum you can see it in action, the US forum looks like a riot is taking place, everyone is equal and all opinions no matter how stupid are valued.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I can't help but to laugh when your promising presidential candidates are either racist and corporate owned "businessman" or corporate owned career politician.

What merit? None you mean? You have nepotism at finest there. If you know people higher up, you go higher up regardless of your skills. If you have skills but no connections, then merit wont do you much.
    So what connections did Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Sam Walton, Mark Zuckerberg, and JK Rowling (to name a non American) have?

Two things. How many voting are American, and seems most are forgetting about the whole 2nd amendment. Guns aren't going anywhere just look at Chicago....strictest gun laws yet how many shooting each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    So what connections did Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Sam Walton, Mark Zuckerberg, and JK Rowling (to name a non American) have?
    You need more than few big names to prove your point on the scale of a country of 300+ million citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You need more than few big names to prove your point on the scale of a country of 300+ million citizens.
    The mere fact that I can name a few big names without any effort lends itself to show that this happens every day on smaller scales.

YOU need to name more than 2 politicians to prove your worthless point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    I live in a community of tens of thousands of people. The average income is below $30k and almost everyone owns multiple guns. Our murder rate is less than 1 a year.

We should have to turn our guns in because urban dumbasses can't control themselves?
    Yes. That is how society works, we all have to walk as slow as the slowest person to keep moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Australia didn't ban all guns.

At most they banned handguns and even then only certain handguns based on caliber and size of the barrel....kinda like England.

Other guns require a license and a way to secure it safely.

Most of Australia fight with guns as of right now is the black/grey market
    You don't have to ban them all. The prices for guns on the black market there make casual gun violence price prohibitive for most. If you have the $20,000 that gun now costs you probably aren't going to pop it off in some road rage indecent.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    Yes. That is how society works, we all have to walk as slow as the slowest person to keep moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
    This is exactly true. The progressives would have us all succeed at the level of the lowest common denominator. If this held true throughout history, we'd still be in the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    YOU need to name more than 2 politicians to prove your worthless point.
    Me being able to name a single one disproves the "meritocracy" claim. And if you seriously believe no one in higher position never employ their relatives/friends to higher positions than they have the education/skill for, then you are lying to yourself badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Who said they'd use knives if guns weren't available? Bombs are just as effective and easily made by things you can buy legally at your local store
    I mentioned this in a prior post that the person ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyart View Post
    yes and the public was all for that decision, because it was after the massacre
    I know how and why it happened, luckily here in the US we are never in shortage of a massacre or some other nonsense. Sadly when things like Sandy Hook can happen and children are shot at and nobody cares the fight is lost. If people don't care about protecting 6 and 7 year olds then you aren't going to appeal to them unless they think they are directly in danger. Sadly when people feel that way here they want to stockpile guns and fight fire with fire.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is basically a gun control thread, so I'm going to lock it here and redirect to the still-active megathread on the subject; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1239097