Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Critic tries to bash Duncan Jones and the movie. Fails miserably.

Wow what a piece of !@#$. Spends the whole interview trying to bash Jones and the movie and when Jones calmly and politely dismantles his every argument the Critic gets mad and leaves mid interview. What ever happened to professionalism?

EDIT

He took down the video here is another link.
    https://vid.me/6R4V Thanks Xekus for providing the link.

He continued the rant after the interview much to Duncans confusion.

https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/stat...84156663914496

"I asked him if I'd upset him as he was leaving the room, and he gave a bit of a rant and left. Very odd *shrug*"
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-06-16 at 05:28 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... talk about lack of class from the interviewer.

Duncan parried everything like a captain in rough seas. Majestic.

PAHAHAH. Duncan was just on fucking point at shutting him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like the guy was ticking off a list of "gotcha" questions rather than conducting a real interview. That look on his face when the guy stops the interview is priceless.

Haha that guy got shut down like destro locks do when casting chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Haha that guy got shut down like destro locks do when casting chaos bolt.
    Or like Shamans after every patch notes AMIRITE?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-14 at 02:59 AM.

I wasn't really understanding how the interviewer was a huge dick until the very end when he just abruptly walks out. That dude is a grade A cunt. Obviously the film has problems, I think most people would agree that it's not perfect. Unfortunately, this guy went into the interview with his mind made up, much like many people on this forum.

I've gotta hand it to Duncan for many reasons. This guy took a story with a tremendous scope and managed to decently fit it into 2 hours. Keep in mind, this guy was working on this film whilst both his wife and father were suffering from cancer. I have to imagine that is a gigantic undertaking and takes an insane amount of perseverance. I for one would probably crack under the pressure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see the part where he bashes Duncan ? but ya the moment he stood up and was like kkthxbye was rude :>

"well i would go to lord of the rings and have a map"
    "how would i know the world of warcraft area without a map"
    LOL WUT MATE!?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like the movie either but that interviewer was a pretentious asshole. Walking out of the interview because he felt it was a waste of time...lol.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i dont see the part where he bashes Duncan ? but ya the moment he stood up and was like kkthxbye was rude :>
    the first part is where he says

"i dident get a location for all of these"

then duncan asks "well how did you get a location for lord of the rings"

and he says "well i had a map because i know alot about lord of the rings"

then duncan says "well warcraft players know where the locations are"

basicly the guy tried to complain the movie dident tell exact locations for things to newcomers, and when he asked about lord of the rings the critic was unable to defend lord of the rings, cause new people to it wont know where anything is either

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear: each member of the press has a finite amount of time to talk to each cast/crew member. He could have ended it better, but he didn't just get up disgusted and leave. Panzer from Trade Chat got about the same amount of time, and she IS a rabid fan.

Now, I agree that the press guy was being a complete dick, and Duncan put him in his place, but you are reading a little too much into what transpired.

Made it 1:20 into that before I started to lose IQ points. This director has the patience of a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the first part is where he says

"i dident get a location for all of these"

then duncan asks "well how did you get a location for lord of the rings"

and he says "well i had a map because i know alot about lord of the rings"

then duncan says "well warcraft players know where the locations are"

basicly the guy tried to complain the movie dident tell exact locations for things to newcomers, and when he asked about lord of the rings the critic was unable to defend lord of the rings, cause new people to it wont know where anything is either
    That's not bashing sorry. Leaving was dumb, but the questions were reasonable and he was still relatively fine other than leaving. It's bashing because you're trying to be a white knight for anything Blizzard even if it's awful.

Deleted
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the movie has several issues and Duncan just danced around the questions, "It's not what I wanted to do" is not an answer to "These points are weak in the movie". There's nothing establishing the orc race, there's stuff establishing Durotan and Doomhammer, but not their people. The acting on the human side is weak, the CGI is still in the uncanny valley stage (the scene with baby Thrall stood out). and the "That's just not what warcraft is" comment is entirely misplaced and can only be accepted if you choose to disregarded WC1 and 2. And let's not get started on all the cut script that would have really lifted the movie, such as Gul'dan's speech being cut short. In general the movie lacked a lot of establishin shot. All in all the movie comes off as a big "Eh, i just spend some time on it. I guess". It's the continuing trend of video game movies being "Meh".

There was no reason to continue the interview 'cause Duncan was just gonna dodge the questions instead of answering them, if it had been me I would have walked out too, it was entirely a waste of time. If anything this indicated that Mr Jones is either extremely insecure regarding the movie or is terrible at taking criticism.

Personally I enjoyed it. There were things that were wrong, things that were missing, and stuff that really could have done better. But so far as cinematography goes it stuck well enough to the story and was entertaining to watch. Idk why people need to hate so hard on it, regardless of blizzards performance with WoD I think they did more than a passable job bringing it to the theaters. Especially after a year of mediocre and bad films I've seen otherwise.

Edit: Also, I'm frankly sick of this part1 ending halfway through the film crap they've been doing lately. Especially when series get butchered lore and story wise and pull that crap.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2016-06-14 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or like Shamans after every patch notes AMIRITE?
    HAhahahahahhahha

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Personally I enjoyed it. There were things that were wrong, things that were missing, and stuff that really could have done better. But so far as cinematography goes it stuck well enough to the story and was entertaining to watch. Idk why people need to hate so hard on it, regardless of blizzards performance with WoD I think they did more than a passable job bringing it to the theaters. Especially after a year of mediocre and bad films I've seen otherwise.
    Metzen's hands all over it was a big part of it. I can't stand that man.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Metzen's hands all over it was a big part of it. I can't stand that man.
    I'm not a fan of him either unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Just to be clear: each member of the press has a finite amount of time to talk to each cast/crew member. He could have ended it better, but he didn't just get up disgusted and leave. Panzer from Trade Chat got about the same amount of time, and she IS a rabid fan.

Now, I agree that the press guy was being a complete dick, and Duncan put him in his place, but you are reading a little too much into what transpired.
    im pretty sure he was suppose to go longer, as even duncan seemed suprised by him ending it there