Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I agree. I've actually offered the suggestion of allowing players one free transfer up to every 12 months on a resetting cooldown. I think this will alleviate some of the burn associated with realm transfers and the cooldown is long enough that it can't really be used maliciously. Another solution I've offered is allowing character services to be purchased with WoW gold. The WoW token has already made WoW gold and cash nearly liquid with one another and I don't think broadening their scope would make the game "pay to win" as Blizzard mentioned when asked this recently.
    A free one every so often even a reduction in price from time to time or a break when you move multiple toons at once. The part that they really hit a jackpot on is when an entire guild transfers, they get paid for each toon and the guild itself if people want to roll that stuff over. So every time a 25 person guild would move Blizzard would make about $1000, no wonder they aren't rushing to merge things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Good thing I have a main on a high pop realm huh?

Imagine how cool it would be to have my alt's realm be just the same, a man can only dream...
    We can form up a few raids and do a speech in game over some body of water. Filled with bastard toons left for dead because at some point people don't want to keep paying to shuffle them around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Maybe they finally came to the realization that cross-realm zones are incredibly moronic and have done nothing to help the game or its players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    A free one every so often even a reduction in price from time to time or a break when you move multiple toons at once. The part that they really hit a jackpot on is when an entire guild transfers, they get paid for each toon and the guild itself if people want to roll that stuff over. So every time a 25 person guild would move Blizzard would make about $1000, no wonder they aren't rushing to merge things.
    Yeah, I think discounts for guild transfers would be extremely helpful too.

I swear I question almost every post on here for common sense.....

1) Not everyone wants to be on a crazy maxed out population realm like Thrall and Illidan are on the US side.

2) Realms are gonna go up in population a lot come launch of Legion.

Also, it may come as a surprise but some people like being on low or lower medium population realms...I know its such a crazy idea!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, I think discounts for guild transfers would be extremely helpful too.
    What would be helpful would be for Blizzard to remove all character transfer services entirely paid or free. They have done nothing but hurt the game and destroy realm communities. Want to know why all these realms went low pop? Because people had the ability to pay for a transfer and leave. Yes many people quit the game entirely but don't pretend for a second that paid transfers weren't also a major factor. Bulk transfers or worse discounted guild transfers would do significantly more harm to the game than has already been done with this nonsense. No. Just no. Enough already. We need solutions that don't destroy communities. We have faction wide auction houses on realms now and potentially this is something that could be expanded to other realms as has been done with connected realms but on a larger scale and as Moanalisa has said cross realm guilds would solve the remaining issues with low pop realms. Ask for that not a cheaper transfer fee.

It is amazing how people in these kinds of threads whine and moan about Blizzard's greed and selfishness while whining that Blizzard isn't catering to their own greed and selfishness. Those of you wanting to transfer to another realm because of population issues? You are part of the problem. No in fact..you ARE the problem. You are simply contributing to making your issue with the game into becoming an issue for more people.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2016-06-14 at 02:07 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    because it has been a disaster ruining server community right along with super-mega-ultra "leveling" guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What would be helpful would be for Blizzard to remove all character transfer services entirely paid or free. They have done nothing but hurt the game and destroy realm communities. Want to know why all these realms went low pop? Because people had the ability to pay for a transfer and leave. Yes many people quit the game entirely but don't pretend for a second that paid transfers weren't also a major factor. Bulk transfers or worse discounted guild transfers would do significantly more harm to the game than has already been done with this nonsense. No. Just no. Enough already. We need solutions that don't destroy communities.
    Removing the cost associated with realm transfers is the same as allowing cross-realm off the bat. For the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, this would effectively destroy all server community so I doubt that's a direction Blizzard is looking to go any time soon.

Subs are made cyclical. Servers will be full again once Legion launches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    blizzard only care about money so why would they realm merge for free when they can make money out of people for transferring, anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has no idea how blizzard is now
    someone sounds jaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    someone sounds jaded
    someone sounds like a blizzard white knight

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    someone sounds like a blizzard white knight
    You mean like most people on a site almost dedicated entirely to the company's game(s)?

It's a bit tricky I think - what if they connect two realms together and then the expansion launches and the populations spike? Difficult to decouple them again, some people may be raiding together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I finally transferred some toons off BWR, it was so frustrating never seeing anyone anywhere. I could go to Warspear in the afternoon and be the only person there.

I'm guessing that at the point they last did connections they realized that it wasn't working in some way and so they stopped connecting realms. It would be nice if they would address it and explain why it wasn't working out like they'd hoped.
    I am too rooted into SC/BWR at this point. I cant leave. I just want more character slots tied to my main server. Want more combos
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's a bit tricky I think - what if they connect two realms together and then the expansion launches and the populations spike? Difficult to decouple them again, some people may be raiding together.
    That would be my guess as well. They know the game will see a massive spike at the expansion's launch. After that though... I guess it depends on how fast they abandon the game this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If some are dead but otherwise similar to the live ones then that is due to factors outside of blizzard's control, the players.
    The very cause of a single realm originally either dying or thriving.
    Oh, but I agree completely. Players always had a tendency to concentrate on a few big servers (like Magtheridon back in the days). However, that only means the realm connections should continue.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Or am i missing something?
    Back at Mists of Pandaria they actively tried to solve the dead realm issue and they were working hard on it, almost weekly an announcement of servers mergconnecting and now in Warlords of Draenor they just dropped the ball and stopped connecting even 1 realm togheter.

What is their excuse?
    You know, I don't know what their phasing tech all entails, but outside of the client-side of phasing I can't see much stress being put on servers considering they are all still seperate servers. Yea, I am kinda confused why they haven't done mega-servers. Can you imagine how epic it would feel seeing tons of people out in the world. With the mob tagging changes in Legion there really isn't a bad reason for doing something like that.

Deleted
    Blizzard also recently upped the possible amount of players on some realms, and made a bluepost about it.
    My server (EU outland) went from high to medium , and there is a lot of players on it !
    Perhaps that was the first step toward making mega realms, and shutting down the smaller ones over time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, I don't know what their phasing tech all entails, but outside of the client-side of phasing I can't see much stress being put on servers considering they are all still seperate servers. Yea, I am kinda confused why they haven't done mega-servers. Can you imagine how epic it would feel seeing tons of people out in the world. With the mob tagging changes in Legion there really isn't a bad reason for doing something like that.
    It probably depends on which server inherits the load from the phase or whether they have separate servers dedicated to handle it. In the past there was 1 server (probably made up of small cluster) for each continent. Kalimdor, Outland, eastern kingdoms, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It probably depends on which server inherits the load from the phase or whether they have separate servers dedicated to handle it. In the past there was 1 server (probably made up of small cluster) for each continent. Kalimdor, Outland, eastern kingdoms, etc.
    Correct, so if they haven't changed the underlying server structure... I don't know what you're getting at? Even at that, let's say when people phase into a "legion" server and it "fills up", start phasing them all into a free "legion server" on the same cluster.

In other words, 4 servers, Stormrage, Stormscale, Server C and Server D. Each of those, if the underlying structure hasn't changed, would have 5-7 servers for mail, ah, continents, etc.

Stormrages "legion" continent server fills up, and people start getting put on Stormscales "legion" continent server.
    Last edited by alturic; 2016-06-14 at 05:36 AM.

They have said, that hardware has been updated and population limit increased. That is also the reason why realms went from high to medium or medium to low in one night.

So with that, I think they are just waiting for Legion, when they will be able to see which realms are really dead and connect them together.