LastLast
    Deleted
    Why can't Pandaren be Death knights?

Why can't Gnomes be fishing bait?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a Pandaren Death Knight.

Her name is Gravewalker Gie.

She can be acquired as a follower.

There are very, very few Pandaren venturing outside the mists during the Scourge's prime, and even fewer ended up getting caught by the Scourge. Gie is one such unlucky Panda. Is there enough to justify allowing DK as a class choice to Pandaren players? I don't think so, but there is no reason the Ebon Blade can't make new Death Knights (as they do in Legion) out of Wandering Isle Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And what race would you have picked for the expansion titled Mists of Pandaria?
    Pixies? Boogiemen? Anything would have been better..

Also, there is no rules stating an expansion must also give a new race..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    tauren paladin, taurens have always been in tune with nature so druids and shamans and hunters make sense for them as do the other classes apart from paladins, paladins have never been about nature.
    Tauren paladin has been explained a hundred times. They're not "paladin" in the sense that human and dwarves are. Hell, blood elves weren't even the same type of paladin as alliance paladin before the end of BC. Tauren worship the sun and moon. Tauren paladin get their healing powers from the sun, hence, the light.

undead priests, i find this the most retarded of them all how can an undead weild the power of light when holy spells hurt them
    Also has been explained multiple times. You can't just make undead priests unable to select holy and disc (or just holy even). Its an entirely gameplay based decision. Lorewise, undead can pretty much only be shadow.

then we have the newly announced gnome hunter which i think is jsut the most stupidest thing ever, they may sound cool with mech pets and guns but when you think about it they wont be a hunter they will just be the engineer class,
    All gnome hunter brings to the table is mech pets. Imagine lorewise they don't even have non-mech pets. A gnome with a gun and a robot is 100% something gnomes would do. Its funny you think gnome hunter is such a stretch, but gnome priest is apparently okay. Gnomes do not believe in the Light which as much as the rest of the alliance races. Gnome priests are effectively "medics."

so why cant we have pandaren DK's
    Because the pandarian were not in Eastern Kingdom, Kalimdor, or Northrend until after Deathwing died. Which is substantially later than when the Lich King died. It's really as simple as that. Why can worgen and goblin then? Because goblins from steamwheedle have been all over Azeroth. Why worgen? These were worgen that escaped from Arugal's grasp in Shadowfang Keep, but were then caught by the Scourge.

please dnt play the lore card cos blizzard has shit on the lore of wow for years so that statement doesnt even work no more, the problem with wow is theres to little customisation and races to pick from cos blizzard wanna protect the "LORE",
    They're protecting the lore of each class, by introducing the reasonings behind why new race/class combos happen. As with tauren paladin.

id love a create a wrestler style customisation in wow the same you see in WWE games, in a massive MMO your bound to see someone who is an exact duplicate of your model.
    Lets be honest. How many MMOs have you played where all the characters/classes/races have slider bars? No one, except you, really will ever look closely at your character. Or the standard RPG (Skyrim is famous for this) situation of "I spent 2 hours working on my character's face, just to have it always be covered with a helmet." I'm not saying this is a bad idea though.

When you make a DK the fantasy is that you play a ressed victim of the Lich King. Since the Arthas timeline has ended and there are no "new" victims to turn into DKs. Pandas were added after LK died = there can't be Pandaren DKs. Unlike other classes being a DK cannot be learned, Gnomes learning the ways of Hunters and putting their own tech on it is brilliant. Mech pets, engineering made guns and traps... it's all there to make Gnome Hunters a perfect fit for WoW.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

undead priests, i find this the most retarded of them all how can an undead weild the power of light when holy spells hurt them
    if you knew anything about lore all undead priests are shadow priests and are only allowed to be disc and holy as to not break gameplay mechanics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Is there enough to justify allowing DK as a class choice to Pandaren players? I don't think so, but there is no reason the Ebon Blade can't make new Death Knights (as they do in Legion) out of Wandering Isle Pandaren.
    I think we're at the point where all race/class barriers could come down. I'd overhaul the starting areas from race based to class based and then keep the quests/setting/trainers true to the lore but allowing player character to take on the roll of the novice. You can sort of see this if you play the worgen starting zone; when the night elves sort of initiate you. We don't need tons of gnome druid NPCs (if any) but what's to stop an individual from the race from going off and experiencing other cultures/magics/skills.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I think we're at the point where all race/class barriers could come down. I'd overhaul the starting areas from race based to class based and then keep the quests/setting/trainers true to the lore but allowing player character to take on the roll of the novice. You can sort of see this if you play the worgen starting zone; when the night elves sort of initiate you. We don't need tons of gnome druid NPCs (if any) but what's to stop an individual from the race from going off and experiencing other cultures/magics/skills.
    I agree. I think the reality is, Blizzard does not want to devote resources to making druid forms, totems, etc. for all the races and future races. To my knowledge, Boomkin for the races that already have druidism are still waiting to have their vanilla models updated after all these years.

Personally I think it was something that should have come with the character model update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    When you make a DK the fantasy is that you play a ressed victim of the Lich King....there are no "new" victims to turn into DKs.
    Oh boy are you in for a surprise in legion.

yeah, that's what we need. that stupid panda voice with the deep/echo of a DK. Its as others have stated, they were protected by the mist from the chance of being turned into DKs. People could counter golbins and worgen but goblins have been in the game forever, only recently have we been able to play as them, same for worgen. So so adamant about panda DKs anyway.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Yeah, so were Bilgewater Goblins and Worgen.
    Really? goblins and worgen were in Pandaria the whole time? Holy hell Blizzard messed up big time there. Oh wait.. nope... worgen were beyond their walls, i doubt they all stayed there, aka you fight them in Shadowfang keep. Also goblins were merchants anyways, the odds that their entire species stayed on that island are slim to none. I mean there's been goblins since Vanilla, just a different "tribe" or whatever goblins go by. So please, come up with a better counterpoint...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    There is a Pandaren Death Knight.

Her name is Gravewalker Gie.

She can be acquired as a follower.

There are very, very few Pandaren venturing outside the mists during the Scourge's prime, and even fewer ended up getting caught by the Scourge. Gie is one such unlucky Panda. Is there enough to justify allowing DK as a class choice to Pandaren players? I don't think so, but there is no reason the Ebon Blade can't make new Death Knights (as they do in Legion) out of Wandering Isle Pandaren.
    This is... unfortunate....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The question is NOT why Pandaren can't be DKs..

The question is, why can Pandaren be played at all?
    Because the race was introduced in WC3 with Chen and people have been clamoring for them ever since?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Really? goblins and worgen were in Pandaria the whole time? Holy hell Blizzard messed up big time there. Oh wait.. nope... worgen were beyond their walls, i doubt they all stayed there, aka you fight them in Shadowfang keep. Also goblins were merchants anyways, the odds that their entire species stayed on that island are slim to none. I mean there's been goblins since Vanilla, just a different "tribe" or whatever goblins go by. So please, come up with a better counterpoint...
    The PLAYABLE Worgen race were protected behind their walls during the time Arthas was alive. The sons of arugal from SFK are not apart of the Alliance and they never will be. There's no lore behind Arthas capturing Worgen and turning them into undead, even then, you cant turn Worgen into undead. Also, at the end of the DK starting zone, they just allowed to walse into Stormwind as a past "hero", even though the Night Elves introduced the Worgen into the Alliance after this fit into the timeline.

Also, just to mention the PLAYABLE Worgen were fighting with the Forsaken in their introduction.
    The Forsaken were already freed from Arthas by that time, their focus was changed after Arthas died, have you done the Silverpine forest questline where you have a one on one with Sylvanas? Arthas was dead by this point.

The playable goblin are apart of the Bilgewater cartel, this specific cartel was also introduced to the horde AFTER Arthas died.
    Other goblin cartels existed and have probably succumbed to Arthas, but these are not apart of Bilgewater. The bilgewater lived on kezan and this was untouched by the the scourge.

- Do you have anything else to say to me, since you think you were bein such a smart alec?

- - - Updated - - -

& I know they have the Worgen/Goblin quest where you kill a friend or whatever, but that lore was completely made up. It's not canon.
    There's no way they can't do it for any other race living on Azeroth - whether it be new or old. But, they didn't. So, it doesn't make sense they can be DK's too.
    Last edited by Zakaryy; 2016-06-14 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Because the race was introduced in WC3 with Chen and people have been clamoring for them ever since?
    Lots and lots of races have named NPCs, which doesn't grant access to players..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    There were no Pandaren involved in the battles with Arthas, therefore, there were no Pandaren for him to raise as Death Knights. There were plenty of corpses from a variety of races to be made Death Knights.

The Goblin Death Knights are (lore wise) Steamweedle, as opposed to the playable Bilgewater.
    The Worgen are the experiments from Arugal, who served Arthas in Grizzly Hills.

These two lore options (both of which were established prior to Cata) allowed them to retroactively add Goblin/Worgen Death Knights, however there is no such possibility for the Pandaren. Even the Pandaren upon the Wandering Isle were hidden away during Arthas' time.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-06-14 at 09:52 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    we have stupid class/race combo's at the moment before pandaren dk's come into it so lets look

tauren paladin, taurens have always been in tune with nature so druids and shamans and hunters make sense for them as do the other classes apart from paladins, paladins have never been about nature.

then we have the newly announced gnome hunter which i think is jsut the most stupidest thing ever, they may sound cool with mech pets and guns but when you think about it they wont be a hunter they will just be the engineer class,

so why cant we have pandaren DK's please dnt play the lore card cos blizzard has shit on the lore of wow for years so that statement doesnt even work no more, the problem with wow is theres to little customisation and races to pick from cos blizzard wanna protect the "LORE", id love a create a wrestler style customisation in wow the same you see in WWE games, in a massive MMO your bound to see someone who is an exact duplicate of your model.

i just think they need to after LEGION is to give a huge amount of customisation to players characters
    You spent more effort/time whining about the game and the classes you don't like than explaining why you wish Pandaren could be DKs. Pretty ass-backwards way to argue your point.

And frankly gnome hunters make a hell of a lot more sense than pandaren DKs.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to use lore arguments, please use correct lore examples.

They are NOT Paladins within the lore. They are DRUIDS. DRUIDS who use the LIGHT of the SUN. Sounds very nature-y to me. =-) Just as the actual Druid class utilizes the moon, the Sunwalkers utilize the sun.

They are Paladins ONLY BY GAMEPLAY MECHANICS.

December of 2010... That is the release date of Cataclysm. How do people keep misunderstanding this?
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-06-14 at 09:59 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    If you're going to use lore arguments, please use correct lore examples.

They are NOT Paladins within the lore. They are DRUIDS. DRUIDS who use the LIGHT of the SUN. Sounds very nature-y to me. =-) Just as the actual Druid class utilizes the moon, the Sunwalkers utilize the sun.

They are Paladins ONLY BY GAMEPLAY MECHANICS.

December of 2010... That is the release date of Cataclysm. How do people keep misunderstanding this?
    You're asking a lot, De Lupe - people here tend to conveniently ignore facts/logic/reason for the sake of bolstering their BS arguments.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Damn necrophiliac furries.
    Fixed that for you, it's DK we're talking about.

Why would you want to be a pandaren to begin with

we have stupid class/race combo's at the moment before pandaren dk's come into it so lets look

so why cant we have pandaren DK's please dnt play the lore card cos blizzard has shit on the lore of wow for years so that statement doesnt even work no more, the problem with wow is theres to little customisation and races to pick from cos blizzard wanna protect the "LORE", id love a create a wrestler style customisation in wow the same you see in WWE games, in a massive MMO your bound to see someone who is an exact duplicate of your model.

i just think they need to after LEGION is to give a huge amount of customisation to players characters
    Avatar + Nickname + Panda Fetish

go back to 4chan furry perv

also Pandaria was "hiding" during Wotlk event and the Pandaren DK follower is a "joke/cit" like the "praise the sun" follower