Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Please point me out a person defending people who have killed homosexuals in public or have cut their wife's head off. Don't be in a hurry, I have time.
    the OP is defending civilians who live in countries where Sharia Law is enforced, whether it by law or ISIS style groups. These people live by and believe in Sharia Law. The civilians who are being killed in drone strikes believe in killing homosexuals, their wives, and all non believers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I think TB said it best when he addressed the loss of a friend that was at the nightclub.

If you use this tragedy for political points you are a disgusting human being.
    Agreed but how does everyone on the internet seem to have lost a friend at that nightclub...?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which goes for both sides. We just blow our tops more (9/11) and ofc retaliate much more "efficiently"

That said: Is the attack on that night club proven to be an ISIS terror attack or is it a guy who hates gays and happens to be a muslim? You know..it is not because a murderer is a christian, it is automatically a religious deed.
    Proven. He called 911 three times to pledge allegiance to ISIS, the boston bombers, and specific terrorists by name. ISIS claimed responsibility citing he was "an Islamic State Fighter", just like they claimed responsibility for the Paris stabbings that happened tonight. He travelled to Saudi arabia 3 times. He was being watched by the FBI not once, but twice. This is ISIS. this isn't homophobia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by storyline View Post
    the OP is defending civilians who live in countries where Sharia Law is enforced, whether it by law or ISIS style groups. These people live by and believe in Sharia Law. The civilians who are being killed in drone strikes believe in killing homosexuals, their wives, and all non believers.
    You think ALL civilians there live by and believe in Sharia Law, that none of them object against it, that each of them is willing to personally kill a homosexual in public or cut their wife's head off? Why don't we use the same logic then and say that all Americans are warmongers, loving dropping nukes on other nations?

It sickens me how some people employ nationalism in their speeches like this, sentencing entire nations for the actions of some.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

You think ALL civilians there live by and believe in Sharia Law, that none of them object against it, that each of them is willing to personally kill a homosexual in public or cut their wife's head off? Why don't we use the same logic then and say that all Americans are warmongers, loving dropping nukes on other nations?

It sickens me how some people employ nationalism in their speeches like this, sentencing entire nations for the actions of some.
    Pew research from 2006 and 2011 put the numbers in most countries at 65% or more believing in Sharia law. The numbers globally are around 680 million muslims that believe in it. In Turkey, our moderate muslim ally, 35% of their population support honor killings of women and killing of homosexuals. Afghanistan is at 99% supporting sharia law. The majority is what matters, and the majority wants it. We've dropped nukes twice, to stop a war that would be far more bloody and cost far more lives if we didn't. Please keep apologizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    So far there doesn't seem to be any more link between him and ISIS than "he said it was for ISIS". ISIS-inspired seems the most plausible for now.
    You're arguing semantics here. ISIS = Islamist. It could have been the Taliban or Boko Haram, it wouldnt have made a bit of difference here. All it was was a religious Muslim executing people because they were gay.

Deleted
    Pew research from 2006 and 2011 put the numbers in most countries at 65% or more believing in Sharia law. The numbers globally are around 680 million muslims that believe in it. In Turkey, our moderate muslim ally, 35% of their population support honor killings of women and killing of homosexuals. Afghanistan is at 99% supporting sharia law. The majority is what matters, and the majority wants it. We've dropped nukes twice, to stop a war that would be far more bloody and cost far more lives if we didn't. Please keep apologizing.
    Please inform yourself on what sharia law is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    BUT THIS WASNT ABOUT REVENGE! It's completely unrelated!

Do you honestly think that it'd all stop if we stopped bombing? ARe you really that naive? It will never stop. There is no end to it. THeir motivations are endless.
    Never said it wouldn't ALL stop, but you're kidding yourself if you think that a significant portion of hate against "the west" isn't due to all the innocents caught up in this who have been killed or injured.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Please inform yourself on what sharia law is.
    Believe me, I know what it is. The world is opening it's eyes to exactly what it is now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Enforcement

Also here you go. Sodomy is a crime punishable by death. Women are property, if are disobedient, can be beaten or killed. Freedom of speech regarding your religion is not tolerated and also punishable by death due to apostasy. Please, MORE I NEED MORE.
    Last edited by storyline; 2016-06-14 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    You really see nothing but a semantic difference between an attack planned for months with support from overseas and a guy who decides to go and shoot other people 2 days later?
    The outcome and how they got there is the same. Religion to terror. Doesnt really matter who or how he got supported. All it matters is that the religion of absolute peace which has never harmed a fly turned someone into a bigoted terrorist and he killed a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    If we go back in history we can pin ISIS surgence to the US
    We can also pin it to a few european countries that are really bad at mapping out countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, 65% is nowhere near 100%, so this doesn't support the argument that "killing civilians is okay" (and even if it was 100%, it would still be wrong). Second, people have various views on Sharia law; if you think all that all people supporting Sharia law support killing homosexuals, then you are terribly wrong - hell, some homosexuals support Sharia law. Finally, in the western law system, which you seem to support, people cannot be punished for their beliefs, only for their actions.

There is nothing about "apologizing". What to apologize for? You are the one who should apologize for supporting mass murder of innocents.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since we are apparently arguing semantics now...are there "non-religious" muslims?
    Just like there are non-religious christians in pretty much every western nation. I'd believe so

Deleted
    Believe me, I know what it is. The world is opening it's eyes to exactly what it is now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Enforcement

Also here you go. Sodomy is a crime punishable by death. Women are property, if are disobedient, can be beaten or killed. Freedom of speech regarding your religion is not tolerated and also punishable by death due to apostasy. Please, MORE I NEED MORE.
    No, you don't. You don't have a clue, hence why I suggested you do some reading about it and the different kind of interpretations.
    Are you from the US?
    I ask simply because if you are, your government is guilty of helping and supporting the MOST strict interpretation of Sharia law present in the whole Islamic world.

I really despise comparisons like this. That report is likely very inaccurate and the methodology they used was poor.

Putting that aside, the US has certainly killed some Middle Eastern folks, though your article is probably an order of magnitude too high. And ignores entirely the context of how we got there.

But the Orlando shooter was born and raised here. He killed those people. Not ISIS. He wasn't avenging his family killed by collateral damage in Iraq. He was both mentally ill and a member of a particularly destructive religious tradition. Him gunning down a nightclub over collateral damage in the war on terror would be like me gunning down a nightclub over Hiroshima (as someone who's 0% Japanese).

You can talk about our wars and our drone policies, and there are many valid criticisms of both, but drawing a comparison to Orlando and saying WHOS REALLY EVIL!??!? is dumb. The answer is both. And that's obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    We can also pin it to a few european countries that are really bad at mapping out countries.
    Or even Gengis Khan.

Or even Gengis Khan.
    The cavemen. I'm pretty sure they had disputes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The cavemen. I'm pretty sure they had disputes.
    Curse you Big Bang! *shouts at cloud*

First of all, 65% is nowhere near 100%, so this doesn't support the argument that "killing civilians is okay" (and even if it was 100%, it would still be wrong). Second, people have various views on Sharia law; if you think all that all people supporting Sharia law support killing homosexuals, then you are terribly wrong - hell, some homosexuals support Sharia law. Finally, in the western law system, which you seem to support, people cannot be punished for their beliefs, only for their actions.

There is nothing about "apologizing". What to apologize for? You are the one who should apologize for supporting mass murder of innocents.
    I'd love to see the numbers of homosexuals that support Sharia Law, so please link! Homosexuals do support moderate islam, because moderate muslims don't believe in hanging them from a public square. Though no one can absolutely know the inner-workings of every muslim that supports Sharia, I can assure you, whether they support the anti-gay part, or the women are property part, or the child marriage part, they deserve whatever comes. If people can be punished for their beliefs in their country (whether that be homosexuality, a woman going outside alone, Christianity, Judaism, or what have you), when that punishment reaches U.S. Soil, it should be coming right back.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you don't. You don't have a clue, hence why I suggested you do some reading about it and the different kind of interpretations.
    Are you from the US?
    I ask simply because if you are, your government is guilty of helping and supporting the MOST strict interpretation of Sharia law present in the whole Islamic world.
    What is presented as reading material doesn't matter. It's what it's adherents believe. It is not being suppressed by any sliver of the imagination by these "peaceful muslims" or muslim countries. You can claim Jihad is about an inner struggle all you want, 2996 dead people in 9/11 isn't because of an "inner struggle".

The Obama Administration and Hillary Clinton support and take funding from Saudi Araba, the worst of the worst. I'm well aware, nor would I (as a lowly citizen with no political ties) condone it. That's why the election landscape is changing, because no American want's to support Saudi Arabia any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Why don't they attack the governments then? Everybody knows average people have nothing to do with what a country does, democracy or not, there will always be people behind the curtains who have the true power.
    Because it's easier to scare the sheep into trampling the farmer rather then face him eye to eye.

Breeding fear is what the media does best, it gives them great news knowing some American in texas blew up a truck full of african muslims because someone related to ISIS is muslim and killed 50 Americans.

It's like having Obama syndrome " it was a tradgey on what happened in Orlando and this proves we need more gun control." Instead of him blaming and attacking the radical muslim movement he would rather attack gun laws and how the fear of guns would cripple people into voting no on guns.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico